Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    ... I've seen various ARCs protected with a transparent film stiff enough to hold it's form. I wonder if that's an option. I wouldn't know where to find it!!!
    Sounds like a Brodart cover modified by the user.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler Min is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Asterisco View Post
    Perfect...

kickbuttbooks just bought another Joe Hill item to deface...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be funny if someone could mark a book somehow before selling it to him just to see how quickly it went up signed again. I'd suggest he'd have Joe Hill sign it within five minutes of opening the package.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... I've seen various ARCs protected with a transparent film stiff enough to hold it's form. I wonder if that's an option. I wouldn't know where to find it!!!
    It's thicker than any brodart I've owned. My Desperation proof from Betts had one on it. Perfect fit--snug as a bug. I'd estimate it's about twice as thick as typical archival film.

For the record, I've tried cutting up a brodart for another proof. Not much luck!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterisco View Post
    Perfect...

kickbuttbooks just bought another Joe Hill item to deface...
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that listing.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's thicker than any brodart I've owned. My Desperation proof from Betts had one on it. Perfect fit--snug as a bug. I'd estimate it's about twice as thick as typical archival film.

For the record, I've tried cutting up a brodart for another proof. Not much luck!

Try a sheet of acetate. Depending on the weight you get, you'll most likely have to score it to get tight folds. Any decent art supply store should carry it.

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a sticker??? I don't have a copy yet, but can't believe they'd go that cheap route. The black cloth looks quality enough.

I've seen various ARCs protected with a transparent film stiff enough to hold it's form. I wonder if that's an option. I wouldn't know where to find it!!!
    Yeah its a sticker, on the very bottom mine has lifted a little. Not bad, but enough. A brodart should keep it ok though.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Yeah...I keep mine in a bag to protect it. I don't get it. Was it to save money?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Teaser — Locke & Key by Joe Hill

November 11, 2007

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/

Next year, we’ll be releasing the limited edition of the first six issues of Joe Hill’s comic series, Locke & Key, illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez, which Joe describes as “a supernatural thriller about three kids who find themselves the custodians of an unlikely New England mansion called Keyhouse. Within the house are secret doors with transformative powers, the power to fundamentally change a person’s identity. There’s one door, when a kid steps through it he’s turned into an old person. Pass through another door, and a boy will turn into a girl, while a girl will be turned into a boy. There’s another door that unlocks a closet, filled with robes: an African robe, an Asian robe. By putting the robe on, you change your race. And they find themselves pitted against a thing that calls itself Dodge, who preys on children with a weak sense of self. Dodge has a habit of turning them lethally dangerous: into Columbine style-killers, or lynch mobs. There’s a terrible door within Keyhouse that Dodge would like to force open, and which my heroes have to keep shut at all costs. Ultimately it’s a kind of modern Grimm’s fairy tale, about the way young people discover and construct their own identity.”

Our hardcover edition will be limited to only 250 numbered and 26 lettered copies, with a whole bunch of extras, and will not be reprinted to fill further demand. Look for a more complete announcement soon, with ordering info. Further down the line, after the full tale is told, and we’ve done limiteds of each miniseries, we may also release a compilation of the complete graphic novel and scripts, along the line of the recent excellent Absolute Sandman volumes.

We’ll be announcing Locke & Key first via our email newsletter, so sign up there or risk missing out on this very limited edition by one of our hottest young writers.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I got that email too. Thanks for posting it, Geoff. Can't wait to learn more about this one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Despite ordering from them in the past, I haven't received an e-mail yet.
    I went ahead and resigned up.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

me too....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Same here...I registered my personal and work email...just incase.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the reasoning behind this is the fact Patrick and I are special, while you guys are not!

just kidding
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I think the reasoning behind this is the fact Patrick and I are special, while you guys are not!

just kidding

I don't THINK so!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff is insightful and wise.

My Mood
    Lurking

not!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Emailed this morning. Is everyone ordering? As of five minutes ago there were still copies available.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I´l skip the Lettered ed. . $500 is to much for me.
    Think i will get the Lim ed. instead.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just tried to order-sold out. Oh well. saved $500 (+$25 shipping).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Super Sam, I skipped the Lettered due to the price tag. I'll wait for the Limited.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Super Sam, I skipped the Lettered due to the price tag. I'll wait for the Limited.
    I went ahead and ordered one. I'll post pictures when it arrives

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast