Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 332 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice pictures Karen!

Joe must have a wee stock of horns lol
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Anyone in the UK going to a signing? I'd love to get a UK 1st Edition inscribed to me and dated. I'd pay for the book and shipping and all that. If anyone is so inclined, please let me know by PM.

THE U.K. TOUR SCHEDULE

March 15 (Mon) – BASINGSTOKE • Waterstones. 7:00 PM.

March 16th (Tues) – MILTON KEYNES • Waterstones. 1 PM (Signing only).

March 16th (Tues) – BIRMINGHAM • Waterstones, 6 PM.

March 17th (Wed) – LIVERPOOL • Waterstones, 12:30 PM (Signing only).

March 17th (Wed) – MANCHESTER • Waterstones, 7 PM.

March 18th (Thurs) – LEEDS • Waterstones, 1 PM. (Signing only).

March 18th (Thurs) – NOTTINGHAM • Waterstones, 6:30 PM.

March 20 (Sat) – LONDON • Forbidden Planet (time TBD).
    My dream is that someone is going to the March 17th signing in Liverpool or Machester and would have him inscribe a birthday wish to me and date it.
    OK, I'll jump on Patrick's bandwagon and ask the same thing: Not for Betts but my personal collection, I'd love a signed 1st UK edition. Will pay for book and shipping. Let me know by PM. Thanks.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks Peeps! I think he's pretty damn cute too.

And yeah, the drawing didn't really look like Joe, but it was cute.

I am hoping that a friend of mine is headed to one of the signing so I can get a UK first...I think I need to email him again....

David, if my friend is going, I will have him get you a flat signed one..K?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Somebody in front of me seemed to be trying to get him to take a book he wrote, for Joe to comment on or something? It struck me as a bit awkward...
    There was a woman a few people in front of me who had a Peter Straub book that (from what I remember) she told Peter that she was meeting Joe and Peter signed in the book "give my love to Joe Hill" or something like that. So when Joe sees the book, he says outright, "Sorry I can't sign that," and she says, "Oh no, I just wanted to show you this cool inscription."

So Joe looks and he's like "Oh very cool! Great guy, huh?" And this woman is like, "Yeah very cool! So go ahead just sign right below it... maybe make an inscription back to him!"

Joe is like, "Nah sorry - can't sign someone else's book."

This woman literally was in shock that Joe wouldn't sign it. I sad to the guy in front of me, "Lady, he said that before you even showed him the book."

Jeez. Some people.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice story Kenny!

Hey, what would be a fair price for the silver key issued at ComicCon in a cloth drawstring bag for Locke & Key? I am told there were only 500 done.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David, I'm sorry to tell you that they are fetching virtually no money at the moment. Just to help you out, I'll be glad to take it off your hands for $10, but I'll be losing money on my end.

Seriously, I have not the first clue.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen them on eBay for 50 bucks or more, but I don't see any takers. IDW sold them for $20.00. I'd be willing to pay 10-20 for one myself.

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/locke...ey-signed.html

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Somebody in front of me seemed to be trying to get him to take a book he wrote, for Joe to comment on or something? It struck me as a bit awkward...
    There was a woman a few people in front of me who had a Peter Straub book that (from what I remember) she told Peter that she was meeting Joe and Peter signed in the book "give my love to Joe Hill" or something like that. So when Joe sees the book, he says outright, "Sorry I can't sign that," and she says, "Oh no, I just wanted to show you this cool inscription."

So Joe looks and he's like "Oh very cool! Great guy, huh?" And this woman is like, "Yeah very cool! So go ahead just sign right below it... maybe make an inscription back to him!"

Joe is like, "Nah sorry - can't sign someone else's book."

This woman literally was in shock that Joe wouldn't sign it. I sad to the guy in front of me, "Lady, he said that before you even showed him the book."

Jeez. Some people.
    In THAT very specific case, I could see where Joe might go ahead and sign...he could say something like "hey, great book, Pete..." or whatever.

But the thing is, in a signing line, it is the absolute worst time or place to ask for anything outside the box...anyone in that situation is just not mentally prepared to shift gears from "small talk" to "actual conversation."

And, that aside, I'm sure Joe or any author just doesn't feel like signing every piece of nonsnese put in front of him...

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Is anyone going to order a signed UK HORNS from one of Joe's stops.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The morse code says: go to hell

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Anyone in the UK going to a signing? I'd love to get a UK 1st Edition inscribed to me and dated. I'd pay for the book and shipping and all that. If anyone is so inclined, please let me know by PM.

THE U.K. TOUR SCHEDULE

My dream is that someone is going to the March 17th signing in Liverpool or Machester and would have him inscribe a birthday wish to me and date it.
    OK, I'll jump on Patrick's bandwagon and ask the same thing: Not for Betts but my personal collection, I'd love a signed 1st UK edition. Will pay for book and shipping. Let me know by PM. Thanks.
    I am going to jump on the bandwagon here as well. If anyone can get me a signed 1st UK edition, I will gladly pay for book and shipping as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tonight in Bang-Town. He was very engaging and humorous. He signed a few books for me and my daughter's AC/DC shirt. He read a short story that he said would not be published for around half a year in a book that I can't remember the name of.

And I only asked one quick question, which he laughed at- I said "Who'd ya rather, Ginger or Maryanne?" He chose Ginger.

I asked for this specifically, I love Ray Bradbury.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I really envy all of you that were able to meet the man in person!!!!

We narrowly missed our chance, but are REALLY happy for you guys.

And...............

thanks to a member here on this site, we received this in the mail today. Completely unexpected.

Jerome....we thank you with all of our hearts. And our horns.

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Man, I really envy all of you that were able to meet the man in person!!!!

We narrowly missed our chance, but are REALLY happy for you guys.

And...............

thanks to a member here on this site, we received this in the mail today. Completely unexpected.

Jerome....we thank you with all of our hearts. And our horns.

And from me, Jerome, a thank you from my heart. You are absolutely the best.

**smooch**
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    Tonight in Bang-Town. He was very engaging and humorous. He signed a few books for me and my daughter's AC/DC shirt. He read a short story that he said would not be published for around half a year in a book that I can't remember the name of.

And I only asked one quick question, which he laughed at- I said "Who'd ya rather, Ginger or Maryanne?" He chose Ginger.

Cool Pics

The story is Devil on the Staircase and it will be in an anthology in June.

And that question is F U N N Y!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear from you, Aaron! I love that inscription.

Bill and Jeanne, I was looking forward to hearing you received those (since I was present when they were signed). Jerome is the man!

Thanks for the extra info, Karen. So how was the story? Did you guys like it?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Aaron! Saw the pic at FB! THank you very much, pal!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    Is anyone going to order a signed UK HORNS from one of Joe's stops.

I want to order a copy but since they are all at Waterstone's I am not sure if I should take another chance at receiving a book from them. After what happened wih UTD I vowed to never order from them again.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

THE U.K. TOUR SCHEDULE

I am going to jump on the bandwagon here as well. If anyone can get me a signed 1st UK edition, I will gladly pay for book and shipping as well.
    OK I have to ask as well. Please please please. I of course will pay for book, shipping and for your time and effort as well. Please let me know through PM or however is most convinent for you. THANK YOU

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Don't know if I'll even get to any of the signings...Ugh. Milton Keynes is the closest to me...not really that close, but 2hrs. I'll try and find where Basingstoke maybe it's close we'll see.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Air, I take it nothing is closer than 2hrs

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Airtraffic View Post
    Don't know if I'll even get to any of the signings...Ugh. Milton Keynes is the closest to me...not really that close, but 2hrs. I'll try and find where Basingstoke maybe it's close we'll see.
    Yeah, but you could easily call them and have them mail a copy, right? Be normal postage rates for you...

A signing where you see him is cool, but it's not really life changing...haha...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The latest from Joe...

The English Tour (and Canadian Detour)
    March 12th, 2010 by Joe Hill

I’m off for the UK in a couple of days. Owing to a late-developing personal conflict, some things had to be shuffled around, and I’m afraid an event planned for Basingstoke had to be cancelled. My apologies to the folks at Waterstones-Basingstoke, and to those who had planned to come.

The other events are all still a go, and if there are any other changes (I don’t anticipate any, and hope not), I’ll post about it as soon as possible.

THE U.K. TOUR SCHEDULE

March 15 (Mon) - BASINGSTOKE • Waterstones. 7:00 PM.

March 16th (Tues) - MILTON KEYNES • Waterstones. 1 PM (Signing only).

March 16th (Tues) - BIRMINGHAM • Waterstones, 6 PM.

March 17th (Wed) - LIVERPOOL • Waterstones, 12:30 PM (Signing only).

March 17th (Wed) - MANCHESTER • Waterstones, 7 PM.

March 18th (Thurs) - LEEDS • Waterstones, 1 PM. (Signing only).

March 18th (Thurs) - NOTTINGHAM • Waterstones, 6:30 PM.

March 20 (Sat) - LONDON • Forbidden Planet (time TBD).

But wait… there’s more!

The Canada Tour Schedule

As forewarned, there will be a brief stopover in Canada at the end of things. I’ll be at the Lillian St. Library to read for The Merril Collection in Toronto on Monday, March 22nd at 7PM.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's still off to Nottingham though hope Joe is ok!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 332 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast