Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That I don't know...but I've seen a variety of editions at small bookstores...I assume they ordered them, but I'm reasonably sure they are limited to non-discounted bookstores, as opposed to B+N where you can get new books at 40 percent off...

I saw an edition of "Wicked" with the bound in page, for example....and others...and I've seen trade editions with a "signed by" sticker. But I know the author didn't come to the bookstore.
    So, after reading this I visited the local independent and sure enough they had several of the signed copies for sale. Most were signed "best" with the familiar doodle in the 'O' of Horns. There were two unique version (both of which I snagged): the first had an inscription in code "_... . ... _" and no doodle (haven't translated it yet) and the second was signed "warmly" but with a full face doodle of a devil head. I would post pics if I could, but I don't think I have the privileges yet.

While I was there, they also confirmed the details of Joe's Toronto visit. It's scheduled for Monday March 22, 7PM at the Merril Collection -- I don't think that's on his site yet. I'll definitely be there.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=surly;489906]
    the first had an inscription in code "_... . ... _" (haven't translated it yet)
    Translation: "Best"

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    That I don't know...but I've seen a variety of editions at small bookstores...I assume they ordered them, but I'm reasonably sure they are limited to non-discounted bookstores, as opposed to B+N where you can get new books at 40 percent off...

I saw an edition of "Wicked" with the bound in page, for example....and others...and I've seen trade editions with a "signed by" sticker. But I know the author didn't come to the bookstore.
    So, after reading this I visited the local independent and sure enough they had several of the signed copies for sale. Most were signed "best" with the familiar doodle in the 'O' of Horns. There were two unique version (both of which I snagged): the first had an inscription in code "_... . ... _" and no doodle (haven't translated it yet) and the second was signed "warmly" but with a full face doodle of a devil head.
    Haha....funny....so I guess these pre-signed copies have made a few rounds...good for Joe to do somethig that can help small bookstores.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

that is pretty cool...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one of those special signed first editions of a Michael Chabon book. I agree with the others who are saying they seem to be very few copies per bookstore, but spread out into a whole lot of stores. I'd love to find one of the HORNS variety.

Looking forward to seeing Joe and Jerome in SF!

Jerome, I'll be offline all day traveling on business. I hope to make it to the Magnolia by 5:30 or so. I'll call or text once I'm well on the way up from Fresno and let you know my location.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received this yesterday:

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

You couldn't wait to see him, you had to order one?!?!? LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

He actually had a Widget on his blog site that had that interview on it.

It is pretty cool!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the alternate devil doodle:

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Received this yesterday:

Jerome,
    Glad to see that you received the book.

Eric

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Teasers.....I'm uploading a brief clip of the event today in San Francisco.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_YNZ0BuqvU"]YouTube- MVI_0241.MOV[/ame]

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Lurking

I take it you two had a good time?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And was that a 3rd Alternative mag I saw him signing?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    And was that a 3rd Alternative mag I saw him signing?
    You are correct.

UK magazine "The 3rd Alternative" #39 with printed story The Black Phone

Very nice.....very nice indeed.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Lurking

Le sigh...something I will NEVER have enough money to get...

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the "Special Bound" horns is a regular Trade HC with a sig sheet tipped in. There are 1180 copies sold as 118 cartons of 10 books.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    the "Special Bound" horns is a regular Trade HC with a sig sheet tipped in. There are 1180 copies sold as 118 cartons of 10 books.
    Ahhhh....I was hoping someone would find out the number. Thanks for the info.

I guessed at a 1000.

None of the small bookstores in my area received one. I guess it's a hit or miss deal.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Horns, did anyone get their PS Publishing S/L yet?? I'm waiting and anticipating...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Speaking of Horns, did anyone get their PS Publishing S/L yet?? I'm waiting and anticipating...
    Sipping delayed till mid-March because of a slipcase problem.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

looked like a good time.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Sipping delayed till mid-March because of a slipcase problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airtraffic View Post
    looked like a good time.
    Oh....I would say it was a good time they both had since Jerome is saying sipping instead of shipping

I have got to fly out next time and party with you guys.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes a good time was had.

I'll put these up 4 or 5 at a time.

My Mood
    Lurking

Is it possible tomake them smaller? The stretch my screen big time! yeah, I know, not everyone has a screen as small as mine...but us po folkens have to make do! LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast