Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to get a lot of things signed for myself and others already as well, but if I can manage another copy of HORNS that evening, we'll take care of you, Ari.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You two have fun! !! !!!!! Get your horns on!!!!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Hi guys -

I went to the NYC signing just the other day and it was quite fun (basically the exact same way that David explained...15 min of reading, 20 of Q&A, then the signing). Poor Joe... The Barnes and Noble staff was rushing him with the signings. He wanted to do his little doodle and all and they told him he had to hurry... they said that while people were on line!!!

So I was next in line and he remembered me (who wouldn't??) and I said "Joe, if you wanna take your time, you take your time!" and he did LOL.

Anyway, I had a question. I bought this at the book store yesterday but has anyone seen one of these of Horns before?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Picture of me and Joe and other "Horns" people in New Canaan Library. Uhm, that is me on the far left next to Joe.

Okay, this is great !!

And I love that the woman on the far right seems completely lost ... she might be putting up the "Live Long and Prosper" hand sign there!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Anyway, I had a question. I bought this at the book store yesterday but has anyone seen one of these of Horns before?
    Yes. several:

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

No, Randall, look at the photo. The part where it says "This signed first edition of Horns has been specially bound and produced by the publisher."

I don't see that in the two you just posted. My question was if anyone had seen this type of edition (with the above text).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, my mistake. I thought you meant the Horns doodle, not the 'This Signed First Edition..."

No I have not seen one before your post.

Lucky you.

Oh yeah the doodle's are a requirement I think. The B&N staff told Joe to hurry up but he wanted to doodle in all of the books. I just didn't know if anyone else had seen these...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, Randall, look at the photo. The part where it says "This signed first edition of Horns has been specially bound and produced by the publisher."

I don't see that in the two you just posted. My question was if anyone had seen this type of edition (with the above text).

There are a few of these "Signed First Editions" on eBay. Has a gold sticker on the front. Are these signature pages tipped-in?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Damn You!! I have been looking for one! Hoping to score one the next time I hit a store!!!

Did you have a good time at the signing?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one as well. We've been trying to find out how many copies have the special bound page with Joe's sig and doodle.

It would have to be limited some what I would think.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Damn You!! I have been looking for one! Hoping to score one the next time I hit a store!!!

Did you have a good time at the signing?
    I had a great time! Joe was really really great! Very funny too... here is another one that he signed:

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

There are a few of these "Signed First Editions" on eBay. Has a gold sticker on the front. Are these signature pages tipped-in?
    I have five signed first editions of the book. Three was bought at Odyssey Bookstore and had Joe sign them, two was bought from VJ books. The two I bought at VJ books say "Signed First Edition", it does appear that the signature sheet was tipped in as it is two pages prior to the page that Joe signed my other books. Also the books I bought from VJ books has a mylar dust jacket protector.

Eric

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I've seen a lot of those "special editions" lately...they seem to go to small bookstores, probably so publishers throw them a bone since they don't sell at Amzazon or B+N's deep discounts...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    I have five signed first editions of the book. Three was bought at Odyssey Bookstore and had Joe sign them, two was bought from VJ books. The two I bought at VJ books say "Signed First Edition", it does appear that the signature sheet was tipped in as it is two pages prior to the page that Joe signed my other books. Also the books I bought from VJ books has a mylar dust jacket protector.

Eric
    Where were they at Odyssey? Did they have them in a separate pile, or were they just randomly mixed in with the others? When I went to purchase mine, I only saw a handful up at the counter so I just grabbed one of those, I didn't know there was another one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Eric
    Where were they at Odyssey? Did they have them in a separate pile, or were they just randomly mixed in with the others? When I went to purchase mine, I only saw a handful up at the counter so I just grabbed one of those, I didn't know there was another one.
    Odyssey had all the same books, I obtained the other ones from VJ books.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Eric
    Odyssey had all the same books, I obtained the other ones from VJ books.
    Oh ok, sorry I misread what you typed.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I will have to check out Water Street when I go Monday.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I have one of those bound-in edition too. Funny, if Kenny have not mentioned it, I would have missed it completely.

Also today to my complete surprise, I received in the mail, a copy of Horns inscribed to me!. It is a gift from a very kind bookseller who now owns Betts. THANK YOU, David!. Such a thoughtful and generous gift too.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I have one of those bound-in edition too. Funny, if Kenny have not mentioned it, I would have missed it completely.

Also today to my complete surprise, I received in the mail, a copy of Horns inscribed to me!. It is a gift from a very kind bookseller who now owns Betts. THANK YOU, David!. Such a thoughtful and generous gift too.
    You are welcome.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of those "special editions" lately...they seem to go to small bookstores, probably so publishers throw them a bone since they don't sell at Amzazon or B+N's deep discounts...
    I don't understand; are these editions just 'randomly' distributed to bookstores or would the stores have specifically ordered them for sale?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That I don't know...but I've seen a variety of editions at small bookstores...I assume they ordered them, but I'm reasonably sure they are limited to non-discounted bookstores, as opposed to B+N where you can get new books at 40 percent off...

I saw an edition of "Wicked" with the bound in page, for example....and others...and I've seen trade editions with a "signed by" sticker. But I know the author didn't come to the bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I hadn't realized until I looked at it for close to 10 minutes! Weird how I missed it...

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the book The Many Faces Of Van Helsing edited by Jeanne Cavelos with Joe Hill's story "Abraham's Boys" was issued as a hardcover or just paperback? I have not seen any hardcover copies anywhere but want to be sure I am not missing something.

Thanks Ralph and Patrick for your answer to the above question. One more question about this book. Does the first edition/first printing have the full numberline 10 to 1 or 10 to 2 with the words "First edition: April 2004" on the copyright page. Just trying to determine if I received a true 1st/1st or not.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

I'll have to check out the UK version next time I'm at the store. If it looks good, I'll buy it to save for a sig. Or maybe he'll get to come on the dates that were posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast