Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 332 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I know right! My only thing is that it isn't dated, that would have been nice. But I'll take what I can get.

Thanks!

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Getting ready to leave for the Odyssey Bookshop for the signing tonight.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

You have to ask him to date it...he forgets to
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    You have to ask him to date it...he forgets to
    Thanks for the heads up Karen.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    Getting ready to leave for the Odyssey Bookshop for the signing tonight.
    I was there tonight too. Had a lot of fun. Joe is such a nice guy. He signed all the books I brought with me. And in 20th Century Ghosts he drew a little boy being swept up into the air by a balloon I didn't even think to have him date them though, oh well.

And the poor guy hasn't had much luck with the weather for this tour. But I guess that's to be expected in feb in New England. We've got a snow storm coming through at the moment. I think that kept a bunch of people away because it was a nice small crowd.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

I also had a good time, nice small crowd and was still able to be home by 9:30 considering we had a 80 mile drive up there. Joe signed all 8 books that I either bought there or brought with me and did doodles in each one of them. Much more pleased than I would have been had I drove to the signing tomorrow night.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Glad you guys had a great time! He really is wonderful in person!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my signed copy of Horns from Riverrun Bookstore only to find some morse code on the first 2 and the last 2 pages of the book .... so i have just deciphered the code and im very conused by what it says...

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name" 2 times in the front and 2 times in the back.

So anyone have any ideas???

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got the same thing as well. Someone on the Joe Hill sight said it was lyrics from Sympathy for the Devil...

My Mood
    Lurking

Read the book! You will know why it's there...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNoniDH6IY"]YouTube- Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil - Bridges to Babylon[/ame]

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Read the book! You will know why it's there...
    argh its a while since i read the book, still not managed to get myself a reading copy yet

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Wow - you guys don't know Sympathy for the Devil? An absolute classic...go download it now.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully the snow stays away for Pittsburgh on Monday as I'm going up there. If anyone else is going to Pitt shoot me a PM, I'll try to say Hi!
    Geoff

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since it's pretty certain we won't get up to Portland, I ordered a couple of signed copies from Powells. Plus, I have the PS Edition coming as well. I can't wait!!!!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

im just debating if i should order the slipcased edition from PS as i have already ordered the traycased version

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Very nice review of Horns by Janet Maslin in the NY Times.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I attended Joe's reading and signing in New Canaan CT last night. He is a VERY engaging speaker and wonderful with the audience. It was such a great time. He read a passeage from Horns for 15 minutes, took questions for another 15 minutes (I got to ask one and received light up horns), got my picture taken on stage with Joe and others and them got several books signed.

He was super friendly and it was just a wonderful intimate experience.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

LUCKY!!

My Mood
    Lurking

HE HE, I want to see the pics with you with your Horns on! giggle giggle

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see...Father Callahan with horns! It boggles the mind!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I just got my signed copy of Horns from Riverrun Bookstore only to find some morse code on the first 2 and the last 2 pages of the book .... so i have just deciphered the code and im very conused by what it says...

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name" 2 times in the front and 2 times in the back.

So anyone have any ideas???
    .--. .-.. . .- ... . -.. / - --- / -- . . - / -.-- --- ..- / .... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . /

.--. .-.. . .- ... . -.. / - --- / -- . . - / -.-- --- ..- / .... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . /

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I attended Joe's reading and signing in New Canaan CT last night. He is a VERY engaging speaker and wonderful with the audience. It was such a great time. He read a passeage from Horns for 15 minutes, took questions for another 15 minutes (I got to ask one and received light up horns), got my picture taken on stage with Joe and others and them got several books signed.

I thought if you would attend one of the signing's, you would have went to Odyssey Tuesday night.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I thought if you would attend one of the signing's, you would have went to Odyssey Tuesday night.
    New Canaan is very close...15 minutes away from my home.

As for Callahan with horns, I will post the pic. It is terrible quality. Joe needs a new marketing person.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Picture of me and Joe and other "Horns" people in New Canaan Library. Uhm, that is me on the far left next to Joe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 332 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast