Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Just added:

Friday, March 14, 2008
    LEE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM/Southwest Florida Book Festival
    2345 Union ST Fort Myers, FL 33901
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I might have to take a trip down there. It's about 4 1/2 hours away from me. Hopefully he will come a little closer.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish he'd leave the Northeast.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I wish he'd leave the Northeast.
    Me too! I think I'd go JUST about anywhere on the West coast if he came.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

sorry I think he's just tired
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

On his last tour, he told me he would definitely come back to the Bay Area. I'm still holding out hope for sometime in 2008.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    sorry I think he's just tired
    Then he should take a nap and then come to NC.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Nobody ever comes to the Midwest.
    You can say that again...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler Min is on a distinguished road

Be very careful if you're going to buy from kickbuttbooks on ebay.
    He/She has been listing signed Joe Hill items for almost a year now. There's no way all of them are real. Unless they follow Joe around to all his signings and get him to sign 10-20 copies of each story.
    They used to just be signed 'Joe Hill' before it was common knowledge that Joe dates his signatures, and now kickbuttbooks dates them as well.

Caveat emptor...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

eeek!

That is something to look out for. Thanks for the info Min
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    Be very careful if you're going to buy from kickbuttbooks on ebay.
    He/She has been listing signed Joe Hill items for almost a year now. There's no way all of them are real. Unless they follow Joe around to all his signings and get him to sign 10-20 copies of each story.
    They used to just be signed 'Joe Hill' before it was common knowledge that Joe dates his signatures, and now kickbuttbooks dates them as well.

Caveat emptor...
    I wouldn't buy from them.

I wouldn't start to call myself an expert, but I have a lot "signed" by him and kickbutt's are SOOOOOOO not the real deal!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Really! I don't know if Joe Hill can get as many signed Joe Hill books as this guy gets.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Lurking

My question is, why don't their agents and stuff go after them for forgery?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Inconvenience/too much trouble I'd guess.

If you rescue me

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'd say so too,
    Well put Brice

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Really! I don't know if Joe Hill can get as many signed Joe Hill books as this guy gets.

I recall some discussion about KickButtBooks, about a year ago I think, and there was great skepticism about the validity of some (many?) of the auctions.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I would NEVER buy anything from Kickbutts. I, like Karen, have some items signed...and they look no where near similar.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Incase anyone was interested... iTunes is selling 20th Century Ghosts as an audio book in seperate chapters.

Each story is 95 cents. So if you want 5 stories - $5. If you want them all - its like $14 or $15... Offer expires on Oct 29th.

I bought my favorite story...which we all know what it is! But there are quite a few good ones..

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I would NEVER buy anything from Kickbutts. I, like Karen, have some items signed...and they look no where near similar.
    Unfortunatley his signature is very easy to forge.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Call me old-fashioned but I wish the new U.S. edition of 20thCG hardcover came with a dustjacket.

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Call me old-fashioned but I wish the new U.S. edition of 20thCG hardcover came with a dustjacket.
    I agree, that cheap sticker doesnt cut it. Not to mention it tends to peel up.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrambler34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I agree, that cheap sticker doesnt cut it. Not to mention it tends to peel up.
    It peels up?! Damn. Now I really wish they had gone the more traditional route.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a sticker??? I don't have a copy yet, but can't believe they'd go that cheap route. The black cloth looks quality enough.

I've seen various ARCs protected with a transparent film stiff enough to hold it's form. I wonder if that's an option. I wouldn't know where to find it!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast