Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 332 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw the Sub press newsletter. Looks like they're doing the S/L for Full Throttle! 750 numbered at a tentative price of $175 with 26 lettered at $1500. Artwork by Dave McKean. Not available for pre order as of yet.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Just saw the Sub press newsletter. Looks like they're doing the S/L for Full Throttle! 750 numbered at a tentative price of $175 with 26 lettered at $1500. Artwork by Dave McKean. Not available for pre order as of yet.
    Thanks for the heads up! Keep us posted.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that too!

$1500 is about the most they ever charge for a lettered, which can be really, really nice when they go above the ~$500 price point... I hope that $1500 means that they are pulling out all the stops!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

McKean's a great artist as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would someone mind pasting the text here about it (unless those are all the details they gave)? I don't subscribe to their newsletter.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Would someone mind pasting the text here about it (unless those are all the details they gave)? I don't subscribe to their newsletter.
    That was pretty much it...

A lot of readers will be interested to know that Dave McKean has begun the artwork and design for the signed limited edition of Joe Hill's short story collection, Full Throttle. We expect to publish two editions, a limited of 750 numbered copies (tentative price $175), and a lettered of 26 copies (tentative price $1500). Demand for this one will be high, as is always true for Joe's offerings.

'Til next time, thanks for your enthusiasm and support.

Best,

Bill
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I saw that too!

$1500 is about the most they ever charge for a lettered, which can be really, really nice when they go above the ~$500 price point... I hope that $1500 means that they are pulling out all the stops!
    The only other Lettered at that price that I know of was the 52-copy edition of The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris, and yes, that was an outstanding production. I agree - when SubPress lettereds go above that $500 price point, you can expect something special.

I will probably pass on this one, though, as I have been cutting back on high-priced collectible books lately. I may pick up the numbered edition, though, depending on further info.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That was pretty much it...

A lot of readers will be interested to know that Dave McKean has begun the artwork and design for the signed limited edition of Joe Hill's short story collection, Full Throttle. We expect to publish two editions, a limited of 750 numbered copies (tentative price $175), and a lettered of 26 copies (tentative price $1500). Demand for this one will be high, as is always true for Joe's offerings.

'Til next time, thanks for your enthusiasm and support.

Best,

Bill
    Thanks!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Sub Press today:

We're not ready to announce Joe Hill's Full Throttle for preorder yet, but have received a few queries since we posted the signature page to Facebook.

We will not be automatically matching the lettered or limited editions of Full Throttle to any previous title, and we will not be sending out an exclusive preorder offer. A case could be made to match a couple of different Hill titles (Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom being the most recent), but we decided the most equitable way to offer Joe's collection would be to announce a date and open the floodgates.

In the coming weeks, we'll contact our regular dealers to let them know how many copies we'll be able to offer them.

We'll let everyone know ahead of time when the preorder is slated to begin. Ideally, we'd like Dave to be further along in the art and design before we take the next step.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    From Sub Press today:

We're not ready to announce Joe Hill's Full Throttle for preorder yet, but have received a few queries since we posted the signature page to Facebook.

We will not be automatically matching the lettered or limited editions of Full Throttle to any previous title, and we will not be sending out an exclusive preorder offer. A case could be made to match a couple of different Hill titles (Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom being the most recent), but we decided the most equitable way to offer Joe's collection would be to announce a date and open the floodgates.

In the coming weeks, we'll contact our regular dealers to let them know how many copies we'll be able to offer them.

We'll let everyone know ahead of time when the preorder is slated to begin. Ideally, we'd like Dave to be further along in the art and design before we take the next step.
    I'm glad they're doing it this way! Can't wait to see McKean's art.
    For those of you that bought NOS4A2 directly from Sub Press was it a quick sellout?
    Also, and I say this with all love for CD, I really do, do you think we'll see this before or after the Strange Weather S/L?

Also, and I say this with all love for CD, I really do, do you think we'll see this before or after the Strange Weather S/L?
    It's such an unknowable question that it's literally only something to say to poke the bear...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Wow, I didn't catch the $175 pricetag...that may be a bit more than I'll be willing to pay for a Hill collection, let alone one that is largely reprinting stories I've already read. Guess this'll be another one of this struggles where the logical part of my brain that controls spending battles with the emotional part that want to keep my signed/imited Hill collection complete...I don't need all limited variants (was fine with the PS ed. of HORNS so skipped the Suntup) but I do need one of each book. Having just a simple trade of FULL THROTTLE feels...wrong and incomplete. :-(

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    It's such an unknowable question that it's literally only something to say to poke the bear...

Brian

With ALL love Brian I swear it!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Wow, I didn't catch the $175 pricetag...that may be a bit more than I'll be willing to pay for a Hill collection, let alone one that is largely reprinting stories I've already read. Guess this'll be another one of this struggles where the logical part of my brain that controls spending battles with the emotional part that want to keep my signed/imited Hill collection complete...I don't need all limited variants (was fine with the PS ed. of HORNS so skipped the Suntup) but I do need one of each book. Having just a simple trade of FULL THROTTLE feels...wrong and incomplete. :-(
    This is exactly how I feel!
    Since this will likely be the only limited of Full Throttle I'll probably get it along with an inscribed trade either from a signing or Waterstreet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian

With ALL love Brian I swear it!
    LOL! I know it!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Agree with all of that. That $175 is just pushing it too far for me. Even just... psychologically. Even though I think $150 would still be on the ultra high end for a Subpress numbered, I'd at least be considering it a lot harder. Will the production value justify the high price?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Agree with all of that. That $175 is just pushing it too far for me. Even just... psychologically. Even though I think $150 would still be on the ultra high end for a Subpress numbered, I'd at least be considering it a lot harder. Will the production value justify the high price?
    Highly doubtful. I’m thinking they are just getting people ready for the eventual increase to king limited signed prices.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Highly doubtful. I’m thinking they are just getting people ready for the eventual increase to king limited signed prices.
    I gotta say that from Sub Press I don't notice a huge difference between the $85 numbered editions and the $175 numbered editions, except for maybe the author's name... It is always slightly heavier paper, Smyth-sewn, nice cloth binding with stamping, and a new dustjacket. Sometimes it's leather instead of cloth, sometimes the endpapers are patterned, and rarely there's a slipcase, but those don't seem to factor hugely into the price.

Don't get me wrong - they are nice books! And I'm sure that part of the reason is the cost of the rights/sigs - some authors are more popular and command higher fees, which makes sense. I'd also guess that more popular authors are more likely to sell out, even at a higher price point, which also makes sense...

But I can't disagree - $175 is pretty high for a Hill book with 750 copies.

$1500 is also at the top of their pricing for lettered editions, and previous lettered editions at or near that cost have been spectacular productions. You can absolutely tell the difference between a $250 lettered edition, a $500 lettered edition, and a $1000+ lettered edition from Sub Press, so I have very high expectations for this one (as in it better be the nicest Hill lettered edition other than the Suntup Editions Horns).

STRANGE WEATHER update from Cemetery Dance Publications:

The interiors of all four volumes are designed and being proofread now, but that process is basically done.

The signature sheets are being printed now (we needed the artwork for the sheets to finish them) and the sheets will be circulating among the author and the artists as soon as possible. The timing will vary based on their schedules. Once we have a better idea of when each artist will be done signing their sheets, we'll be able to figure out when this is going to the printer.

Thank you for your patience!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe posted a picture of some ARCs for FULL THROTTLE a couple of days ago. Does anyone have one or expecting to get one?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Joe posted a picture of some ARCs for FULL THROTTLE a couple of days ago. Does anyone have one or expecting to get one?
    I just snagged one off eBay last night after I searched on a whim.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the lettered set of Lock an Key worth?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the pick-up. When it arrives, would you be able to post a pic of the back cover? Previous ARCs detailed promotional plans and ISBN numbers of any variants.
    Im interested to see if there will be any editions with the signed tipped in sheets for this one.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Inspired

Congrats on the pick-up. When it arrives, would you be able to post a pic of the back cover? Previous ARCs detailed promotional plans and ISBN numbers of any variants.
    Im interested to see if there will be any editions with the signed tipped in sheets for this one.
    Yup no problem at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe’s US publisher informed me a month ago there are no ‘special versions’ planned...but who knows if they changed their mind. If so, I’ll obviously update the Full Throttle page on my site
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 332 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 ... LastLast