Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 332 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    LB addressed the issue of why it was produced ahead of the sold-out HC in a recent email newsletter. (And for anyone looking to contact him, lawbloc@gmail.com is the published address that has worked for me in the past.)

Basically, selling the ebook and paperback early because of Amazon:

Spoiler:
    Here's where it gets complicated. Amazon has never stopped offering the hardcover for sale. They've even been dropping the price of late, and the last I looked they had this $50 book on pre-order for the low low price of $33.06.

That's quite a bargain. What's the catch?

The catch? They don't have any books. I'm sure it's an honest mistake on their part, and that they figure they'll get their order in before the end of April and will thus be able to fill whatever orders they get. That usually works fine, but not with limited erditions that the publisher is enjoined from reprinting. Now it's possible Amazon may be able to round up some copies from distributors, but even that's by no means a sure thing, and I can't believe they'll haul in enough copies that way to fill all the orders they've been getting.

So if I ordered a hardcover of AHITD from them—

You may get it. But there's an awfully good chance that you won't.

That doesn't seem right.

No kidding. Bill Schafer at Subterranean finds the whole prospect very dismaying, and gave me the go-ahead to start selling the ebook and paperback editions right away, rather than hold back until the end of April.

You're saying they're available right now? The AHITD ebook and the paperback?

The ebook's been available for pre-order for a while. What we've been able to do now is move up the release date from April 30 to March 19. If you already pre-ordered it, you don't have to do a thing; it'll be delivered to you on Tuesday, March 19. If you held off out of a reluctance to place an order ages ahead of time, you can order now—and get your ebook on Tuesday.

And the paperback?

Amazon doesn't do pre-orders for POD paperbacks. So it's live right now. All you have to do is order it.
    Thanks for the info! So it IS a print on demand job, hence there’s no way of telling if a copy is a first printing. Depending on how you look at it, every copy is a first printing OR only the very first copy printed is the first printing
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Time to clear some shelf space an generate funds for new stuff, so I’m going to list my extras...
    First up, an ultra rare (1 of 20) 20th Century Ghosts limited hardcover. This is one of the F’Con copies containing the bonus material that was supposed to be included in the slipcased limited version only. They rarely show up on the secondary market but there’s one on Ebay UK now being offered for GBP 450.00
    Asking for USD 350.00 (Paypal F&F) obviously it’s in fine/collectible condition.

Also
    1st/1st copy of the export UK paperback of The Fireman USD 25.00
    1st/1st copy of the export UK paperback of NOS4R2 (hard to get) USD 35.00

Have some other stuff, including a couple of Locke & Key keys, that will be listed shortly.

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    LB addressed the issue of why it was produced ahead of the sold-out HC in a recent email newsletter. (And for anyone looking to contact him, lawbloc@gmail.com is the published address that has worked for me in the past.)

Spoiler:
    Here's where it gets complicated. Amazon has never stopped offering the hardcover for sale. They've even been dropping the price of late, and the last I looked they had this $50 book on pre-order for the low low price of $33.06.

The catch? They don't have any books. I'm sure it's an honest mistake on their part, and that they figure they'll get their order in before the end of April and will thus be able to fill whatever orders they get. That usually works fine, but not with limited erditions that the publisher is enjoined from reprinting. Now it's possible Amazon may be able to round up some copies from distributors, but even that's by no means a sure thing, and I can't believe they'll haul in enough copies that way to fill all the orders they've been getting.

That doesn't seem right.

No kidding. Bill Schafer at Subterranean finds the whole prospect very dismaying, and gave me the go-ahead to start selling the ebook and paperback editions right away, rather than hold back until the end of April.

The ebook's been available for pre-order for a while. What we've been able to do now is move up the release date from April 30 to March 19. If you already pre-ordered it, you don't have to do a thing; it'll be delivered to you on Tuesday, March 19. If you held off out of a reluctance to place an order ages ahead of time, you can order now—and get your ebook on Tuesday.

And the paperback?

Amazon doesn't do pre-orders for POD paperbacks. So it's live right now. All you have to do is order it.
    Thanks for the info! So it IS a print on demand job, hence there’s no way of telling if a copy is a first printing. Depending on how you look at it, every copy is a first printing OR only the very first copy printed is the first printing
    So, Marco, for us crazed Hill collectors, is this thing even considered collectible with the print on the demand aspect?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post

Spoiler:

That doesn't seem right.

And the paperback?

So, Marco, for us crazed Hill collectors, is this thing even considered collectible with the print on the demand aspect?
    That depends on your definition of collectible I guess....personally I’d like to have a copy of each printed edition containing Hill material regardless of printrun. Some mass paperback editions of anthologies may have a print run of tens of thousands of copies but IMHO it’s still collectible as it’s a unique edition with a Hill story so I ‘need’ it for a complete collection. With this particular edition you can rest assured it’s not gonna cost you a lot more on the secondary market in the future...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it'll make for a gently read reading copy at least
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New NOS4A2 trailer

I imagine this trailer would be pretty weird to anyone not familiar with the book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Already noticed some big changes. But I guess that's to be expected.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I was better at posting pictures so I could show our costumes but alas, I am not.
    Friday night was fun. Wasn't nearly as busy or as many people as we thought there might be. We were also amongst just a handful of people that actually wore a costume to a COSTUME ball. Lol. Joe came out and read from NOS4A2, did a Q&A where he essentially rehashedstories he's told before, and then signed. He seemed to enjoy our outfits and took some pics on his phone. They haven't turned up anywhere yet though.
    We were two of the kids from the graphic novel Wraith

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I wish I was better at posting pictures so I could show our costumes but alas, I am not.
    Friday night was fun. Wasn't nearly as busy or as many people as we thought there might be. We were also amongst just a handful of people that actually wore a costume to a COSTUME ball. Lol. Joe came out and read from NOS4A2, did a Q&A where he essentially rehashedstories he's told before, and then signed. He seemed to enjoy our outfits and took some pics on his phone. They haven't turned up anywhere yet though.
    Just about to finish up NOS4A2 and I'm loving it. It's running very close to Horns as my favorite.

You can email me, Lori if you want me to post pics for ya.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just about to finish up NOS4A2 and I'm loving it. It's running very close to Horns as my favorite.

Don’t forget to read the note about the type.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you're liking it Brian! I plan to re read it before the show starts. It's been awhile!
    I can't remember, do I have your email already? I might. Will you PM it to me just in case and I'll shoot a few pics your way? You might be the only one who actually wants to see them. Lol.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I'm glad you're liking it Brian! I plan to re read it before the show starts. It's been awhile!
    I can't remember, do I have your email already? I might. Will you PM it to me just in case and I'll shoot a few pics your way? You might be the only one who actually wants to see them. Lol.

I want to see them too! Sounds like a great time!

Country
    Country Flag

After seeing a few previews of the series, I can see that it won't follow the story exactly. But, hopefully it'll be faithful enough to still be good.

Country
    Country Flag

Lori's pics from the above mentioned event. Chris Walker and his wife doing Bird Box and Lori (in red) with her friend (and Joe )

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those masks are so freakin' creepy!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really cool pics. Love the masks
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, ordered
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any word on a possible tour?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you who are not subscribed to my newsletter, here’s the text from the one I sent earlier today:

“I believe I have an exclusive here as I haven't seen this info anywhere else !!
    I've just gotten the green light from Joe's US publisher to share the full table of contents of Joe's upcoming short story collection Full Throttle
    Personally I'm very pleased Dark Carousel is finally released in print and I'm also very excited about the two new shorts Mums and Late Returns.
    I've updated the relevant short story pages accordingly as well as the Full Throttle page and also added some details for the Advance Reader's Edition.

As usual signed 1st edition copies can be ordered from our favourite bookshop Waters Street Bookstore, just click the link below
    https://www.waterstreetbooks.com/pre...-full-throttle

Introduction: "Who's Your Daddy?"

Throttle (with Stephen King) -- first published inHe Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson, ed. Christopher Conlon (2009); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2012)

Dark Carousel -- first published as an vinyl-first single, William Morrow (2018)

Wolverton Station -- first published in Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy, ed. William Schafer (2011); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2014)

By The Silver Water of Lake Champlain -- first published inShadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury, ed Mort Castle & Sam Weller (2012); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2014)

Faun -- first published in At Home In The Dark, ed. Lawrence Block (2019)

Late Returns – unpublished

All I Care About Is You -- first published inThe Weight of Words, ed. Dave McKean and William Schafer (2017)

Thumbprint -- first published in Postscripts 10, ed. Peter Crowther (2007); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2012)

The Devil on the Staircase -- first published inStories, ed. Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio (2010)

Twittering From The Circus of the Dead -- first published inThe New Dead, ed. Christopher Golden (2010); also published as an e-original by William Morrow (2013)

Mums – unpublished

In The Tall Grass (with Stephen King) -- first published inEsquire, June/July and August issues (2012)

You Are Released -- first published in Flight or Fright, ed. Stephen King and Bev Vincent (2018)

Story Notes”

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for posting!
    I wish He is Legend was an audio book.
    I forgot about the twitter story, that was neat, that and Wolverton were the only stories I bought on the phone.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lori's pics from the above mentioned event. Chris Walker and his wife doing Bird Box and Lori (in red) with her friend (and Joe )

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Thanks guys and gal! It was fun. I'm trying my best to get him to the Midwest for you Brian

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great line up of stories! I was hoping Faun would appear in this because I skipped out on At Home.....

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Lori, I suggest you pick up the printed on demand paperback of At Home in the Dark as Faun is an awesome short story

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Thanks guys and gal! It was fun. I'm trying my best to get him to the Midwest for you Brian
    Thanks, Lori!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 291 of 332 FirstFirst ... 191 241 281 289 290 291 292 293 301 ... LastLast