Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 332 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Dark Carousel Release Party notes.
    It was a dark and stormy night. No shit, it was really raining hard! The venue was a small art gallery, with 40 or so in attendance. Joe spoke for a couple of minutes then read about 10 minutes worth of the Dark Carousel story. After finishing he talked about the history of the story, it coming from a story he told his kids when the were young but that he never felt there would be an outside audience interested in it. This release represents the third incarnation of his original idea.

He talked about how it was originally called Wild Horses and the struggles of trying to get permission from ABKCO records to use the name and include a cover of the song. This is why the name changed from Wild Horses, to Dark Carousel, and if it is included in a later collection wil be renamed again to “ABKCO Records Can Go Suck A Horses Cock”. And yes, that is a direct quote from Joe.

During the signing process, I did ask about the 250 pages he had finished for the new story. He said he didn’t like to talk about works in progress, but that he is pleased with where it is going. When I asked what percentage of the finished product this 250 pages represented he didn’t hesitate to respond with a “half way”.

All in all it was another fun niqht!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What Chris neglected to mention was that he asked Joe which band he would want to play at his funeral( much of the talk centered around rock and roll) and after a little discussion he finally settled on Oasis or at least one of the Gallagher brothers.
    Someone asked about the Locke and Key show and he said all hope is not lost. He didn't elaborate but mentioned that others are looking at it and it's still being shopped around so fingers crossed! He also stated that NOS4A2 should premiere fall 2019
    As Chris said it was a pretty intimate affair, not a lot of people in attendance but still a nice turn out for what was essentially an art gallery opening with Joe being a bonus.
    I brought my replica Creepshow voodoo doll which he signed and had Dark Carosuel signed. I explained that I already had all of his books signed and was just waiting on the CD limited of Strange Weather. He looked up and said yeah, you know they take their time( not a knock on CD if you see this Brian! He also said it was going to be great. Which we already know )
    We took a couple of pics with him stabbing the doll with a great Creepshow look on his face. I love that he's such an amiable guy.
    Got to hang with Chris and his wife and a couple other friends so it was a great night!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Yeah, plus everything she just said! 😁😇
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so jealous - that really sounds like it was a great evening, guys!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the report Chris and Lori! Sounds like you had a fun night. Love to see some pics
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super envious of you guys and thanks for sharing! Let's see those pics!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have an extra copy of the Dark Carousel LP, maybe two. Waiting to hear back on one of them. If you're interested, shoot me a PM. It/they will be totally on the house including shipping. Probably will be next week before I can get 'em out to ya.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I have an extra copy of the Dark Carousel LP, maybe two. Waiting to hear back on one of them. If you're interested, shoot me a PM. It/they will be totally on the house including shipping. Probably will be next week before I can get 'em out to ya.
    That is so kind of you, Brian! I gotta "spread it around" so I can't give you positive rep, but what a nice gesture!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    That is so kind of you, Brian! I gotta "spread it around" so I can't give you positive rep, but what a nice gesture!
    Thanks, Dez! I Repped you for wanting to rep me

P.S. I down to a hand full of the audio books before they'll be headed back your way.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

P.S. I down to a hand full of the audio books before they'll be headed back your way.
    That is kind. Very cool, Brian. I also can't Rep you.

I already have one, so will pass and let another benefit from your philanthropy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That is kind. Very cool, Brian. I also can't Rep you. I already have one, so will pass and let another benefit from your philanthropy.
    Thanks, Brian! I can't rep you as well.

Thanks everyone for the interest. They have been claimed.

Country
    Country Flag

Take your time, Brian. I am reading 11/22/63 which is 30 CDs, and I just started #6. Gonna be enjoying this one for awhile!

Country
    Country Flag

Take your time, Brian. I am reading 11/22/63 which is 30 CDs, and I just started #6. Gonna be enjoying this one for awhile!
    Great story and narrator I thought.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Good to know. They really did the download thing weird.Guess they are not concerned about everyone getting it for free

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Good to know. They really did the download thing weird.Guess they are not concerned about everyone getting it for free
    Aint it already sold out?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    What do you mean?
    The have a URL that has the download. there is no checks if you bought it or anything. kinda weird.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I know someone is trying to sell one for $119 on eBay saying it is sold out but Waterstreet still has them available for retail. They are signed, not sure if they have unsigned. http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/prod...rk-carousel-lp

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    What do you mean?
    The have a URL that has the download. there is no checks if you bought it or anything. kinda weird.
    I just got mine and didn't see any download link? Mine is signed and was opened. Not sure if it was on a separate sheet? Can you send me the link?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    What do you mean?
    I just got mine and didn't see any download link? Mine is signed and was opened. Not sure if it was on a separate sheet? Can you send me the link?
    Bottom right corner when you open the sleeve is a QR code. that takes you to the link. If you are still having issues PM me and I'll shoot you the link (don't have it in front of me right now).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Didn't see that.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Thanks. Didn't see that.
    I didn't see it either, when I first posted my pics. I hurried and edited the pic when I realized. Now it seems that maybe it doesn't matter?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I might be selling some Joe Hill signed/limited editions soon and was wondering if there is a Thread for Joe Hill #'s so I can make sure the right person gets to match any numbers they want for their Joe Hill or King books.

Or is this that thread somewhere on a post in history?

thx for any insight
    Curt

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My copy of dark carousel by joe hill arrived. Signed and dated. Dented corner. Going back to book store unless someone here wants it for my cost. $37.50

Country
    Country Flag

Folio Collectors and Limited Editions of I Am Legend with introduction by Hill:

Collectors

Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 332 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... LastLast