Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 332 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 325 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One can be obtained here:

UK SW S/L
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    One can be obtained here:

UK SW S/L

so confused. i see that issue price was 50lbs i paid 60lbs and this one is for sale for 75 lbs. ugggh

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It was exclusive to Anerida books so I’m guessing that UK Bookworm is reselling a copy at a premium to recoup their expenses and make a few bucks.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    It was exclusive to Anerida books so I’m guessing that UK Bookworm is reselling a copy at a premium to recoup their expenses and make a few bucks.
    That was my initial concern as well that Bookworm was producing another signed variant. In speaking with Jeff Whiley regarding the matter, he advised me that it is exactly the same book. So I'd say you're spot on, Joe. Jeff also told me that these copies are just trade editions with a number added. Tipped in I'm assuming. I preordered my copy from Anderida for £45. I might not have ordered one if I'd know this information before hand. But knowing myself, probably would have really bugged me not to have it. Reckon we'll see what it looks like when it arrives.

Also the slipcase design is eerily similar to the one that Simon sent to Jeff. Although I think the font on Simon's design is a bit thicker.

IMO, I'll argue that CD is the only press producing an actual S/L of this title.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was my initial concern as well that Bookworm was producing another signed variant. In speaking with Jeff Whiley regarding the matter, he advised me that it is exactly the same book. So I'd say you're spot on, Joe. Jeff also told me that these copies are just trade editions with a number added. Tipped in I'm assuming. I preordered my copy from Anderida for £45. I might not have ordered one if I'd know this information before hand. But knowing myself, probably would have really bugged me not to have it. Reckon we'll see what it looks like when it arrives.

Also the slipcase design is eerily similar to the one that Simon sent to Jeff. Although I think the font on Simon's design is a bit thicker.

IMO, I'll argue that CD is the only press producing an actual S/L of this title.
    I agree. I don't like the fact that a lot of UK books are being called "limited" when they are just first printings with a tipped in numbered signature page. That is not a limited edition book in my eyes.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my copy of the UK SW slipcased edition this afternoon. It is indeed a 1st printing copy of the UK trade hardback with an added limitation page, it looks like it's bound in rather than tipped in but I'm not sure about that. I do know that the Anderida version was officially approved by Gollancz. The slipcase does look like the one that was posted previously in this thread, but it's not the same (again the Anderida slipcases were approved by Gollancz who provided the 'artwork'/font, they were manufactured by a company in London).
    If this can edition officially counts as a limited....that's a matter of opinion. This UK version is similar to the 'limited' Goldsboro version of The Fireman but in no way a real limited like Cemetery Dance's upcoming signed/limited.
    Nevertheless a nice addition to your collection if you ordered one. My copy even has a small umbrella doodle. Curious if anyone else's copy has a doodle.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering what you guys thought of Strange Weather as a book.

I really liked the first two, the second two were a bit off.

Spoiler:
    It's kind of funny... with 'Aloft' I wished there was some sort of explanation as to what the heck was going on. It was just weird for lack of a better term. Conversely, with 'Rain' I think it would be better if there WASN'T an explanation and I found the reveal to be absurd even with the suspension of disbelief for the premise itself.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those who missed out on the slipcased UK edition of Strange Weather, there are a few remaining copies offered on the site of Anderida books. Unfortunately the price has gone up...

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Everyone.

Need some opinions... what is the better edition of Nos4a2 the IDW Limited or the Sub Press Limited?

Thank you.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Hey Everyone.

Need some opinions... what is the better edition of Nos4a2 the IDW Limited or the Sub Press Limited?

Thank you.
    The Sub Press edition. I've examined both, own the Sub Press, and am very pleased with that purchase/choice.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Hey Everyone.

Thank you.
    The Sub Press edition. I've examined both, own the Sub Press, and am very pleased with that purchase/choice.
    I agree. I have both, and the Sub Press is nicer.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Agree as well, sub press is nicer. Grab one with the slipcase if you can.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I also agree that the Sub edition is nicer, but I don’t want to sell the IDW edition short. It is a top quality product with great art and a texture to the DJ that reminds me of old wallpaper! (In a very cool “grandma’s” way)
    If you can only get one, go for the Sub. Just keep in mind that they look great together as well.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I also agree that the Sub edition is nicer, but I don’t want to sell the IDW edition short. It is a top quality product with great art and a texture to the DJ that reminds me of old wallpaper! (In a very cool “grandma’s” way)
    If you can only get one, go for the Sub. Just keep in mind that they look great together as well.
    Agreed, Chris. Both are great editions and they do look great together.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all.

Based on what I have read here I decided to pick up both copies.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Does anyone know what this curious looking hardcover is? Just a reissue?

https://www.waterstones.com/book/hea.../9781473223066

*EDIT* to add: Oh yeah- just need to check Marco's excellent bibliography (Thanks, Marco!), and it's all there! Anyone have this? Is it...cool?

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

*EDIT* to add: Oh yeah- just need to check Marco's excellent bibliography (Thanks, Marco!), and it's all there! Anyone have this? Is it...cool?

Ron
    Thanks! It’s a nice hardcover. A bit smaller in size than a regular hardcover edition but it has a nice new introduction. It’s one in a series of anniversary editions from Gollancz.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post

Ron
    Thanks! It’s a nice hardcover. A bit smaller in size than a regular hardcover edition but it has a nice new introduction. It’s one in a series of anniversary editions from Gollancz.
    Much thanks for the info! One thing: Does it have a dust jacket, or printed boards?

Country
    Country Flag

Ron
    Yep. No DJ, printed boards. Slipcase is aftermarket custom.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks, Brian. Very much appreciated.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian. Very much appreciated.
    Most welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a HC of Wraith 1st printing in Fine condition. Thanks!
    Are you still looking Brian?

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a HC of Wraith 1st printing in Fine condition. Thanks!
    Are you still looking Brian?
    Hi, Joe. Nope, found one on eBay awhile back. Appreciate it though!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently received my UK Strange Weather S/L by Joe Hill numbered out of 100, but mine has a lightning bolt where the number should be unlike others I seen for sale. Is this a "PC" version? Has anyone seen one like this one and/or know how many were produced? Here's a pic of the limitation page:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I recently received my UK Strange Weather S/L by Joe Hill numbered out of 100, but mine has a lightning bolt where the number should be unlike others I seen for sale. Is this a "PC" version? Has anyone seen one like this one and/or know how many were produced? Here's a pic of the limitation page:

I received the same. I'm curious about it too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 332 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 325 ... LastLast