Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 332 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 8288

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I don't understand how BP has handled JH's Little Book. At all. It's weird. While I don't buy every title, I've been buying them here and there for probably over a decade now. Never got an email on this, and upon inquiring if there were any way to purchase it now was told (like above) that the only way to get the book would be to buy the whole set. No thanks. Weird.
    I've found the marketing and product announcements to be somewhat lacking. I've been collecting this series directly from BP, but the only notice I got from them was the email that they're running low on stock. I was actually on their website the night before I heard about it here and it wasn't listed in the little books series II section (shrug). In the past I've stumbled across a new one by checking the website, then get an email announcement a few weeks later. Of course most of them don't sell out anywhere near as fast as the Joe Hill one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I believe they oversold and now have a mess to deal with, some folks that have been ordering from CD got shafted as well. Probably because some collectors that never bought any of these before decided to snag copies before the collectors that have been collecting them from the first book in the series had their chance to buy. I'm, willing to bet multiple collectors shared the link and also probably bought multiple copies, screwing everything up for the publishers involved and the loyal customers of the series. I agree it should have been handled differently. If King had been announced as one of the authors, things would most definitely have to have been handled differently.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Tommy - anyone who has ordered the whole series is fine. I called and verified that. If you haven't ordered the whole series I don't know why some people fee they were entitled to one.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Tommy - anyone who has ordered the whole series is fine. I called and verified that. If you haven't ordered the whole series I don't know why some people fee they were entitled to one.
    I know of at least one collector on the CD forum that missed their opportunity and had ordered the same number from the beginning.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I didn't get a notice from CD either. Must of been for the Collector Club? Not a member this year, but I DID buy the last Little Book through them.. Just strikes me odd that being on BOTH mailing lists forever and purchasing the series through both companies, variously- that I don't get a hint of it until I find out here that it's all gone? Hell I bought Gaiman's Little Book through BP and believe I took a few days to get around to ordering it from them. Oh well.

I didn't get a notice from CD either. Must of been for the Collector Club? Not a member this year, but I DID buy the last Little Book through them.. Just strikes me odd that being on BOTH mailing lists forever and purchasing the series through both companies, variously- that I don't get a hint of it until I find out here that it's all gone? Hell I bought Gaiman's Little Book through BP and believe I took a few days to get around to ordering it from them. Oh well.
    Those who ordered the Little Bronze Book from us were notified via email. It was sent on 03/24/2017 with the subject line: "New Book In A Series You Might Collect!" Not that it does you a whole lot of good now, even if it turns up!

This book was a serious mess for us and we're not real happy with how things turned out. All I can say is, we're getting less copies of this title than we were promised, which is VERY disappointing, especially considering the lengths we went to selling MANY MANY copies of some of the books by "not as famous" authors in the series.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

I apologize for saying anything about this, it really is none of my business. I was fortunate enough to get my matching number (I think) so I should just shut up about it.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Those who ordered the Little Bronze Book from us were notified via email. It was sent on 03/24/2017 with the subject line: "New Book In A Series You Might Collect!"

Brian
    Thanks, Brian. Actually, the last one I got through CD was the Garton- which would not qualify as the latest one, I guess. It's cool.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I apologize for saying anything about this, it really is none of my business. I was fortunate enough to get my matching number (I think) so I should just shut up about it.
    Why would you feel that way? This is a forum for opinion and information. Opine (and, indeed, inform) away!

Why would you feel that way? This is a forum for opinion and information. Opine (and, indeed, inform) away!
    Thanks for that! I just thought it sounded like I was bitching about something that hasn't negatively affected me. I feel badly for any collector that it has affected negatively though.

Naw, it's a public situation, unfortunately, and everyone is free to chime in. It's a real f---ing mess for the retailers, you can be sure of that!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Thanks for that! I just thought it sounded like I was bitching about something that hasn't negatively affected me. I feel badly for any collector that it has affected negatively though.
    I bitch on behalf of collectors ALL THE TIME when I'm not personally affected, ha! There are a lot of really great collectors and SUPER nice people who are getting shafted in this situation. No one is happy about how it has played out. I spent much of my weekend dealing with it, trying to find ways to fix it for everyone (including the publisher), and I am not happy at all with how this turned out.

Brian

Best I could do is give you some positive rep Brian. I can only imagine what a pain this has been.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my notice that my order was cancelled I understand what happened but it still sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I just got my notice that my order was cancelled I understand what happened but it still sucks!
    I've been using more harsh words than "sucks," that's for sure. This is an unfortunate mess.

Brian

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I know of at least one collector on the CD forum that missed their opportunity and had ordered the same number from the beginning.
    That's simply not true I called yesterday and although they may not have been able to pre-order it they will get an invoice when it is ready

That's simply not true I called yesterday and although they may not have been able to pre-order it they will get an invoice when it is ready
    CD or Borderlands?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

09 Mai 2017

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will be interesting to see the asking price on the little book once it hits the aftermarket.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Will be interesting to see the asking price on the little book once it hits the aftermarket.
    If it's more than $50 (and, we all know that it will be), I will not play that game. My shelves will be just fine without it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Aren't those books usually previously published stories, excerpts, interviews and such?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Aren't those books usually previously published stories, excerpts, interviews and such?
    That would be good info to have as well. Me personally, I'd only be interested in original work or it if contained some previously unpublished material.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Joe described the book to me as: "A collection of introductions and little essays and reviews."

Brian

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It was certainly worth $30. I'm not certain that it is indispensable.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From Cemetery Dance: We’ll also be publishing a signed Limited Edition of STRANGE WEATHER by Joe Hill. This brand new novella collection from one of the finest young authors working in horror today will feature full-color artwork from four different artists handpicked by Joe and will be published in a unique format that will make STRANGE WEATHER one of Joe’s most collectible special editions ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 332 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast