Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 332 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of the copyright page for the chapbook Better Than Home? Thanks!
    Sorry this is so poor...my iPhone is out of charge, as is my Canon camera, so I had to use the built-in webcam in my computer. I've always assumed this is a 1st as it doesn't otherwise indicate it is not or that it is (or there exists) a subsequent printing(s).

My looks similar, but says Second Printing (with 2007 in there somewhere) below the copyright at the top. I assume yours is a 1st printing.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of the copyright page for the chapbook Better Than Home? Thanks!
    Are you talking to that guy on eBay...? I emailed back and forth with him yesterday and I still have no idea if he has a 1st or 2nd printing. So I bought something a little bigger from him instead...

Anyway, if you want the 2nd printing, I can get that pic for you.
    Yes I was, Dez. A photo of the 2nd printing would be great to have for comparison. You must have made a backdoor deal with him because I didn't see anything else listed that was bigger Reckon we'll find out when ya post!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry this is so poor...my iPhone is out of charge, as is my Canon camera, so I had to use the built-in webcam in my computer. I've always assumed this is a 1st as it doesn't otherwise indicate it is not or that it is (or there exists) a subsequent printing(s).

Thanks, Ron!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you talking to that guy on eBay...? I emailed back and forth with him yesterday and I still have no idea if he has a 1st or 2nd printing. So I bought something a little bigger from him instead...

Yes I was, Dez. A photo of the 2nd printing would be great to have for comparison. You must have made a backdoor deal with him because I didn't see anything else listed that was bigger Reckon we'll find out when ya post!
    It's bigger, just King not Hill. I'll post you a pic tomorrow, my dear.

Country
    Country Flag

It's bigger, just King not Hill. I'll post you a pic tomorrow, my dear.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the 2nd printing, Brian.

And I never go through the backdoor...

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Dez!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks, Ron!
    You bet, Brian -- glad Dez and I could help.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well looks like the copy sold, hope someone here got it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Well looks like the copy sold, hope someone here got it!
    Wasn't me

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

If this is the one we're talkinga about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-HILL-039...p2047675.l2557

...I find the signature a little worrisome. I don't think Joe's signature is -- by any stretch of the imagination -- rare enough that people are faking his sig, and the one on this item does look legit...but Joe made it abundantly clear to me when I had him sign this in person that he prefers to sign this one on the cover (for whatever reason), as the below photo attests. The only signed copy on ABE is also signed on the cover.

Now maybe that's not as hard and fast a rule as he led me to believe, or maybe owner of the eBay copy insisted he sign on that page...but, still, it is curious.

Country
    Country Flag

Ya know, I always assume a Hill signature is real. But you're right - every signed copy I've seen of Better Than Home was signed on the front. And his "J"s are usually rounded... However after looking at all my Hill signatures (and not surprisingly, I have a bunch), it does look like 1 in my collection, but only 1. My copy of Voluntary Committal has a similar signature, which is definitely real.

Did someone here get it? I tapped out and instead bought an SK S/L.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That is some good info right there, guys. I had no idea. Ive got one, but unsigned as I bought it right from the publisher all those years ago. Thanks!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

...I find the signature a little worrisome. I don't think Joe's signature is -- by any stretch of the imagination -- rare enough that people are faking his sig, and the one on this item does look legit...but Joe made it abundantly clear to me when I had him sign this in person that he prefers to sign this one on the cover (for whatever reason), as the below photo attests. The only signed copy on ABE is also signed on the cover.

Now maybe that's not as hard and fast a rule as he led me to believe, or maybe owner of the eBay copy insisted he sign on that page...but, still, it is curious.
    Mine is signed inside

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Yea that's the one I was looking at, Ron. Sig seemed a little off to me as well. I threw a few bids at it but didn't go for the gold by any means. Matter of fact, I lost on every Hill item that guy had up for bid. Plus the signed Cell by SK. I really like the sig and doodle on the ABE copy!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Skelton Crew will be doing a Christmasland Key! Gonna look pretty with the mug

I don't collect the Locke and Key ones as there are waaaay too many but I do have a couple and will definitely be getting this.

Per The Fireman from PS, I also don't like the blurb on the front and the price is blacked out. It's your typical PS edition(which I do get all of the SK ones)but I don't hate it and I certainly love the artwork.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ya know, I always assume a Hill signature is real. But you're right - every signed copy I've seen of Better Than Home was signed on the front. And his "J"s are usually rounded... However after looking at all my Hill signatures (and not surprisingly, I have a bunch), it does look like 1 in my collection, but only 1. My copy of Voluntary Committal has a similar signature, which is definitely real.

The same seller offered a copy of the Voluntary Committal chapbook and I placed the winning bid. I'd appreciate a picture of the signature page of your copy for comparison. There are fake copies of this chapbook out there and I decided to take the chance with this one
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kind of agree concerning the comments on the Fireman cover. I could understand stuff like that on a mass market edition but "#1 bestseller" and the review quotes are really unnecessary for something that is mainly geared towards hardcore fans and collectors.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post

The same seller offered a copy of the Voluntary Committal chapbook and I placed the winning bid. I'd appreciate a picture of the signature page of your copy for comparison. There are fake copies of this chapbook out there and I decided to take the chance with this one
    So you're the one who nabbed it from me, Marco! Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't check out his copy of Voluntary Committal as I already had it. Here is my signature page:

EDIT: That signature looks very similar to mine.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't check out his copy of Voluntary Committal as I already had it. Here is my signature page:

EDIT: That signature looks very similar to mine.
    Thanks a bunch! By the looks of it I've scored a genuine copy.

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

So you're the one who nabbed it from me, Marco! Congrats!
    Cheers Brian!

Country
    Country Flag

Also (consider this rumor mill worthy) I learned that Strange Weather: Four Short Novels (ISBN 978-0062663115) is scheduled for October 17....if the pattern of Joe Hill limited editions is followed, it's Subterranean Press' turn for a limited edition (but this is only speculation)
    Apparently we can expect Strange Weather in October (US 10/17 & UK 10/19)

This will be an award-nominated collection of award-nominated novellas:
    'Snapshot, 1988' (the only title in the collection which will be previously published) , tells the story of an adolescent in Silicon Valley who finds himself threatened by The Phoenician, a tattooed thug who possesses a Polaroid Instant Camera that swipes memories. The audio edition will be read by Wil Wheaton.
    In 'Aloft' a young man takes to the skies to experience parachuting for the first time . . . and winds up a castaway on an impossibly solid cloud, a Prospero's island of roiling vapour that seems animated by a mind of its own. The audio edition will be read by Joe Hill.
    One autumnal day in Boulder, Colorado, the clouds open up in a downpour of nails, splinters of bright crystal that tear apart anyone who isn't safely under cover. 'Hard Rain Gonna Fall' explores this escalating apocalyptic event, as clouds of nails spread out across the country and the world. Amidst the chaos, a girl studying law enforcement takes it upon herself to resolve a series of almost trivial mysteries . . . apparently harmless puzzles that turn out to have lethal answers. The audio edition will be read by Kate Mulgrew.
    Finally, in 'Loaded' a mall security guard heroically stops a mass shooting and becomes a hero to the modern gun movement. Under the hot glare of the spotlights, though, his story begins to unravel, taking his sanity with it. As a storm of locusts bears down upon his small mid-western town, he reaches for the gun again, and sets out upon a last day of reckoning. The audio edition will be read by Stephen Lang.
    Beautifully written, they'll form a stand-out collection as well as a great stand-alone stories with appeal for the mainstream as well as the genre reader, and will keep Joe's sales as well as critical profile high between novels.

ISBN UK hardcover 9781473221178
    ISBN UK paperback 9781473221185
    ISBN US hardcover 9780062663115
    ISBN US largeprint paperback 9780062688095

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Marco! I wonder how many copies I can amass of this

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Marco! I wonder how many copies I can amass of this
    I know how many I will be getting this time around.

Spoiler:
    ONE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 332 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 ... LastLast