Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 332 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I could do without the New York Times callout, but love that art.
    Same. Also could do without those fonts. I like PS books but their font choices are pretty unfortunate sometimes.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received the Graphic Novel collection today and I was surprised that 3 of the 5 stories don't list Joe as the writer. Were these just based on Joe's works?

Spoiler:
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I'm trying to help someone rebuild his records that were lost in a fire... is there anyone here who has kept track over the years of the original retail prices for Joe's Limited Editions? Not current values, but what would have been paid to the original publisher if you ordered from them at full price. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Received the Graphic Novel collection today and I was surprised that 3 of the 5 stories don't list Joe as the writer. Were these just based on Joe's works?

Spoiler:
    Yep, they were adaptations. Pretty lame. I had those on my pull list at the comic shop and didn't even open the books until I got home. Had I actually checked them at the shop, I would've returned them.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I'm trying to help someone rebuild his records that were lost in a fire... is there anyone here who has kept track over the years of the original retail prices for Joe's Limited Editions? Not current values, but what would have been paid to the original publisher if you ordered from them at full price. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Brian
    I'm driving at the moment. But I think I have a list of these back home. I'll check a little later when I get back. Unless someone else gets it to you sooner.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Spoiler:
    Yep, they were adaptations. Pretty lame. I had those on my pull list at the comic shop and didn't even open the books until I got home. Had I actually checked them at the shop, I would've returned them.
    Ok, thanks. I'm collecting each issue of Joe's comics and variants but if he didn't actually write/co-write 'em, I'm not interested.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Horns (PS Publishing):

300 slipcased copies: £75
    200 traycased copies: £200

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Spoiler:
    Ok, thanks. I'm collecting each issue of Joe's comics and variants but if he didn't actually write/co-write 'em, I'm not interested.
    Woof! Prayin' 4 U.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    In case you are looking for signed copies of Joe's new Graphic novel releases - you can order from Waterstreet books:

Hi Chad,
    Yes, we will have both of those and can have Joe sign them. If you do the order through our website, that would be easiest. Here are the links:
    http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781631407680
    http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781631408465

Just put in the order comment if you want them personalized.
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the info! Missed out on the Small World signing so was hoping to be able to grab one!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In case you are looking for signed copies of Joe's new Graphic novel releases - you can order from Waterstreet books:

Hi Chad,
    Yes, we will have both of those and can have Joe sign them. If you do the order through our website, that would be easiest. Here are the links:
    http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781631407680
    http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781631408465

Just put in the order comment if you want them personalized.
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the info, Chad!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    I now have no less than 18 different editions (US + UK) of The Fireman in my collection but am still missing three....please don't hesitate to drop me a note if you can help out

1st state US proof (the one with the red circle in the lower right corner that says 'bound manuscript galley not copyedited')
    UK proof (with white page block)
    Books A Million presigned US 1st edition (ISBN 9780062565839)
    Damn, Marco! And I thought I had a lot of copies LOL. Might try your luck with eBay. That's where I found my BAM copy.
    Thanks Brian!

Brian
    For which books/editions do you need the info specifically? I've kept track of all pricing info so I'm pretty sure I can help out
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, post #1 in this thread has some publication prices listed for some of the early releases LINK
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copy of the Fireman S/L from PS yesterday. When I pulled it out of the slipcase and was checking it out, I noticed that the price on the lower back cover had been crossed out with some type of black pen or marker, but it didn't completely cover it due to the slick coating; you can feel a difference in the texture where the mark was applied. The price showed £60, instead of the £70 that is the current retail price on the site.
    My guess is that it is due to potential issues with direct customers, or customers of re-sellers, complaining about being overcharged for a new item. However, a note (posted on the website or included with the book) could have explained the reasoning for increasing the retail price, and the fact that reprinting dust jackets with the correct price would have lead it to be even higher. This approach just ends up in what looks like a defaced copy that's no longer in fine condition (no plans to sell it, but try to keep my books as close to perfect as possible in the event I must let something go).

Did anyone else's copy have the price crossed out, or at least an attempt at crossing it out, like mine did?

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Actually, post #1 in this thread has some publication prices listed for some of the early releases LINK
    Oh wow, it's been so long since I've looked at the first page that I completely forgot that. Thank you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

For which books/editions do you need the info specifically? I've kept track of all pricing info so I'm pretty sure I can help out
    He's a bit of Joe Hill super fan and he had every signed Limited Edition and almost all of the Lettered Editions. They were also, unfortunately, lost in the fire and he needs some prices for the insurance company. They'll only work with him on the retail prices, not current market value, so that's what I'm hoping to find for him.

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^ That's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by brionen View Post
    I just received my copy of the Fireman S/L from PS yesterday. When I pulled it out of the slipcase and was checking it out, I noticed that the price on the lower back cover had been crossed out with some type of black pen or marker, but it didn't completely cover it due to the slick coating; you can feel a difference in the texture where the mark was applied. The price showed £60, instead of the £70 that is the current retail price on the site.
    My guess is that it is due to potential issues with direct customers, or customers of re-sellers, complaining about being overcharged for a new item. However, a note (posted on the website or included with the book) could have explained the reasoning for increasing the retail price, and the fact that reprinting dust jackets with the correct price would have lead it to be even higher. This approach just ends up in what looks like a defaced copy that's no longer in fine condition (no plans to sell it, but try to keep my books as close to perfect as possible in the event I must let something go).

Did anyone else's copy have the price crossed out, or at least an attempt at crossing it out, like mine did?
    That's actually really repulsive... some of the moves PS make are real head scratchers...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huh - I never noticed that at first - yeah the price on mine is completely blacked out - but at an angle you can make out the 60 pounds that is still there underneath the marker...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Huh - I never noticed that at first - yeah the price on mine is completely blacked out - but at an angle you can make out the 60 pounds that is still there underneath the marker...
    That's ridiculous. Horrible decision on their part.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I really can't believe they did that.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still having to print NY times best seller on the front DJ is kinda lame as well - not what I'd want printed on my s/l - do you think they got money from NY times to do this? I've never seen anything like that before either - just seems odd. Maybe we should ask if they could print an alternate DJ to replace this one - without those needless quotes and price.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Still having to print NY times best seller on the front DJ is kinda lame as well - not what I'd want printed on my s/l - do you think they got money from NY times to do this? I've never seen anything like that before either - just seems odd. Maybe we should ask if they could print an alternate DJ to replace this one - without those needless quotes and price.
    I thought that as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't inspect my copy that closely upon arrival, but after reading your post I immediately checked. The dustjacket on my copy is also defaced

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I thought that as well.
    Same here! A replacement DJ without a scratched out price would be more than welcome, even with the New York Times quote (but it would be even better without the quote).

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

He's a bit of Joe Hill super fan and he had every signed Limited Edition and almost all of the Lettered Editions. They were also, unfortunately, lost in the fire and he needs some prices for the insurance company. They'll only work with him on the retail prices, not current market value, so that's what I'm hoping to find for him.

Brian
    I'll check my files tomorrow and will PM you the info.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian I checked when I got back home the other day and I don't have them. I thought I did. Sorry I couldn't help but looks like you have or will have what you need.

Country
    Country Flag

That's really disappointing and has me reconsidering whether or not to purchase it. Unless the DJ issue is fixed.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Late to the party, but mine has that as well. I never noticed until reading this thread and then checking my book. It's really a minor marking as far as those things go (small and near the bottom of the back). Since it was done by PS, I consider it the "as published" version, so it doesn't bother me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 332 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 ... LastLast