Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 332 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I suspect this won't sell as well as what might have been expected before the trade publication hit the streets. Like you say, the reception to the book hasn't been that great so I think fewer people will be inclined to get this edition. If the price is high, then it will be another reason to deter potential buyers.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the book yet as I think Paul suggested I start from his first novel and work my way through to The Fireman. I'm currently reading Locke & Key and loving it! I'll buy a copy for the collection and hoping I'll be able to match the number to my PS King series. Think that'd be kinda neat.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You can always request a number. They are under no obligation to provide it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You can always request a number. They are under no obligation to provide it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Might be assisted to the dealer from which I get the PS King titles from. If so, a lot better odds. I've emailed but haven't heard back yet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I doubt it'll be a GE; Hill signs everything, so there's every reason to believe this'll be a true S/L.
    As soon as I read this I slapped the back of my own head. I know better!!
    I can only blame the lack of quality sleep for the brain-cramp.

That being said, if it is within my price range, I will probably order it. Judging by your posts, I enjoyed the story a bit more than you, but even if it had been at the bottom of my list, I would almost certainly regret passiing on it. Because I was late getting to the collecting game, more than a few of the King Limiteds are way out of my reach. Hill may not ever reach those levels, but I don't dare pass up to many chances to get his higher-end stuff at issue prices.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not my favorite Joe Hill book, but I still plan to buy the S/L from PS.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I doubt it'll be a GE; Hill signs everything, so there's every reason to believe this'll be a true S/L. Pete may do a trade, but I'd be surprised, frankly, given how many signed trade copies there are out there already. I'm a big Hill fan, but was not pleased with this work, as I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread, so while I was all set to grab a PS copy as soon as it appeared before I read the thing, I'm not very lukewarm on the idea now that I've read it and will probably pass (even though the art shown has been great). I wonder if my experience is similar to others, and given the profusion of signed copies out there combined with the lukewarm reception of the book from many here and elsewhere if Pete made a mistake by not having his limited appear before the trade (whether intentional or dictated-by-circumstances).
    I enjoyed the book. After reading so many negative comments, my expectations were extremely low. It took 400 pages before i really started liking it! Joe said in the beginning that he was inspired by Harry Potter, Lord of the FLies and something else... When it hit page 400 or so... i stayed up all night to finish. I really liked the fact that i thought it was going to be terrible, but turned out OK. I will now buy the signed/limited to keep the collection going..... it took him 4 years to write this one! So we wont be buying another when anytime soon.... Except for the short story collection coming out at the end of the year and ????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I doubt it'll be a GE; Hill signs everything, so there's every reason to believe this'll be a true S/L. Pete may do a trade, but I'd be surprised, frankly, given how many signed trade copies there are out there already. I'm a big Hill fan, but was not pleased with this work, as I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread, so while I was all set to grab a PS copy as soon as it appeared before I read the thing, I'm not very lukewarm on the idea now that I've read it and will probably pass (even though the art shown has been great). I wonder if my experience is similar to others, and given the profusion of signed copies out there combined with the lukewarm reception of the book from many here and elsewhere if Pete made a mistake by not having his limited appear before the trade (whether intentional or dictated-by-circumstances).
    I enjoyed the book. After reading so many negative comments, my expectations were extremely low. It took 400 pages before i really started liking it! Joe said in the beginning that he was inspired by Harry Potter, Lord of the FLies and something else... When it hit page 400 or so... i stayed up all night to finish. I really liked the fact that i thought it was going to be terrible, but turned out OK. I will now buy the signed/limited to keep the collection going..... it took him 4 years to write this one! So we wont be buying another when anytime soon.... Except for the short story collection coming out at the end of the year and ????
    I enjoyed it too. I also had low expectations and it did take me awhile to get into it, but I liked it. And as I am still trying to hunt down the S/Ls that I missed, I am definitely buying this one.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    So it looks like next week the PS edition of The Fireman will finally be dropping(I hope pete wasn't teasin!). We've talked a lot about it, who's going to end up getting one?
    I am. I really like the artwork they have shown so far.
    Can't spill any details, but there'll be a nice surprise in the PS edition of The Fireman

Very pleased that Pete followed up on my suggestion to have it included.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    So it looks like next week the PS edition of The Fireman will finally be dropping(I hope pete wasn't teasin!). We've talked a lot about it, who's going to end up getting one?
    Can't spill any details, but there'll be a nice surprise in the PS edition of The Fireman

Intriguing.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post

Oooo! VERY intriguing Marco you tease!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the story yet but this could be my first Hill s/l depending on the specifics. I like the art so far...

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else having problems ordering a copy of Joe Hill's The Fireman from PS Publishing's website? I've tried multiple browsers and computers and operating systems, and still there's not "Add to cart" nor a "buy now" button. And the book is saying it's still in stock.

Am I the only one? LOL
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Is anyone else having problems ordering a copy of Joe Hill's The Fireman from PS Publishing's website? I've tried multiple browsers and computers and operating systems, and still there's not "Add to cart" nor a "buy now" button. And the book is saying it's still in stock.

Am I the only one? LOL
    Same here, and a few people in the ps publishing thread have said the same.
    Wanted:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The page is up. The order function is not. It's really only critical if you plan on buying a lettered.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

The email did say "Order pages are now up" and they technically are
    Wanted:

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up everyone! I just wrote them an email. I'm looking to purchase the slip-cased edition. I guess I'll wait until it's sorted on their end.

Again, thanks! I'll keep everyone posted.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

The email states 500 Slipcased copies and the site says 1000 as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey, troupers! We're on the case, thanks to Eagle eye Tornado Tamsin--so go check out Facebook. Me, I'm gonna go sit on the naughty step until Nicky says I can come back in. (Mike would be there with me but he's on holiday in Cornwall--grrr!) Hugs to all--Pete

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pete! We deeply appreciate it!
    WANTED:

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Camelot already taking pre orders for The Fireman PS limited - $100

http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...ishing-edition

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Are the slipcased (non-lettered) copies individually numbered? It doesn't specify, only indicates limitation...anyone know?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my slip-cased copy of The Fireman from PS Publishing. The order page is live! Yay!
    WANTED:

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered edition of The Fireman has been ordered!
    Wanted:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 332 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 ... LastLast