Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 332 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you should get the IDW edition. It's really well produced. I'm the opposite as I don't have the Sub Press one but have the IDW. I plan on getting a Sub Press copy at some point.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I think you should get the IDW edition. It's really well produced. I'm the opposite as I don't have the Sub Press one but have the IDW. I plan on getting a Sub Press copy at some point.
    I did indeed take the plunge! I'm excited to check it out after seeing how much you guys like it. The Sub Press is a very nice edition as well. They're a bit pricier on the market these days but occasionally one will pop up in the $300-350 range WITH the slipcase(a must have!). I think Bett's sold one for $315? Maybe $350, can't remember exactly.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I did indeed take the plunge! I'm excited to check it out after seeing how much you guys like it. The Sub Press is a very nice edition as well. They're a bit pricier on the market these days but occasionally one will pop up in the $300-350 range WITH the slipcase(a must have!). I think Bett's sold one for $315? Maybe $350, can't remember exactly.
    See I really am holding out for the Lettered SP edition. That book is one of my favorite lettered editions. There has been a set on ebay for a long time but way over priced

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Are the IDW editions planned to publish the whole series?

It just bothers me to no end that none of these publishers put out the full run in Deluxe editions.

Why the heck do I want to collect S/N LEs if I am going to have just plain jane hardcovers of the last few chapters in the saga sitting on the shelf next to them?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Fireman audio is $30 now on amazon.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SIGH. I should have known there would be a gazillion variants. Same with Wraith of which I have all of those. I am getting the regular and sub variants from SK Catalog so now I'm going to go on the hunt for these other ones. Thanks for sharing Brian and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the first issue!

P.S. I don't know if you saw in the earlier posts but there is a hardcover Scripts version of TFTD coming out in Oct I believe. You can pre order on Amazon or maybe your local mom and pop can reserve that as well but you KNOW you're gonna have to have it
    You're most welcome, Bev. It was also advertised in the comic and I think I will have them do that! Starting to dabble into collecting Locke & Key and man, talk about a million variants. Might have to hit you up for all the variant info on Wraith if and when I get there. Plus there's Road Rage and Throttle right?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    SIGH. I should have known there would be a gazillion variants. Same with Wraith of which I have all of those. I am getting the regular and sub variants from SK Catalog so now I'm going to go on the hunt for these other ones. Thanks for sharing Brian and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the first issue!

P.S. I don't know if you saw in the earlier posts but there is a hardcover Scripts version of TFTD coming out in Oct I believe. You can pre order on Amazon or maybe your local mom and pop can reserve that as well but you KNOW you're gonna have to have it
    You're most welcome, Bev. It was also advertised in the comic and I think I will have them do that! Starting to dabble into collecting Locke & Key and man, talk about a million variants. Might have to hit you up for all the variant info on Wraith if and when I get there. Plus there's Road Rage and Throttle right?
    Hey Brian! Happy Friday
    Oh lordy, I didn't even TRY with Locke and Key. lol. I bought a handy little softcover slipcased set of the series from Amazon and called it a day. I wanted to get the hardcovers but there are just so many editions/versions that I gave up. I'll definitely get whatever form/variants they have of the upcoming L&K story though.
    Road Rage/Throttle is a four issue series of which, of course, there are a few variants(retailer incentives, jetpack variant etc). I have the hardcover graphic novel of this and not all of the variants.
    Wraith is a 7 issue series. If I can picture my set there are 5 variants of #1 including regular and subscription, reg and sub for 2-6, and for #7 there is an extra incentive variant as well.
    Don't forget The Cape and Kodiak! Kodiak was a one shot. However these are handily collected in a hardcover called Joe Hill's Terrifyingly Tragic Treasury edition.
    I'm probably missing something but there's a start. When you're ready for Wraith I'll send you pics

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian! Happy Friday
    Oh lordy, I didn't even TRY with Locke and Key. lol. I bought a handy little softcover slipcased set of the series from Amazon and called it a day. I wanted to get the hardcovers but there are just so many editions/versions that I gave up. I'll definitely get whatever form/variants they have of the upcoming L&K story though.
    Road Rage/Throttle is a four issue series of which, of course, there are a few variants(retailer incentives, jetpack variant etc). I have the hardcover graphic novel of this and not all of the variants.
    Wraith is a 7 issue series. If I can picture my set there are 5 variants of #1 including regular and subscription and for #7 there is an extra incentive variant as well.
    Don't forget The Cape and Kodiak! Kodiak was a one shot. However these are handily collected in a hardcover called Joe Hill's Terrifyingly Tragic Treasury edition.
    I'm probably missing something but there's a start. When you're ready for Wraith I'll send you pics
    Happy Friday to you as well! Thanks for all the info. I'll definitely hit ya up for pics later on. I'll be all over the new L&K one shot as well!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Question for all you Hill experts out there. Today I received a signed copy of The Fireman with the HC ISBN 978-0-06-220063-1. Question being; so the publisher issued a signed copy along with B&N, BAM, and Indigo with ISBN being the only difference between the three? I see this listed on the CP of course but it doesn't make mention of a signed HC copy with the above ISBN. Thanks!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a signed copy with that ISBN and I got it from Water Street Books.

Country
    Country Flag

My unsigned reading copy that I got from B&N has the same ISBN as the signed that I have. Maybe Dez can chime in to let us (me) know if the CP is different for the B&N Signed or if the DJ is the only place where the ISBN is listed differently.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My unsigned reading copy that I got from B&N has the same ISBN as the signed that I have. Maybe Dez can chime in to let us (me) know if the CP is different for the B&N Signed or if the DJ is the only place where the ISBN is listed differently.
    What, you think I have a dozen different copies of this book?! Well, I don't. I only have 5. So there!

I actually have both BAM and B&N signed copies. One of them (can't remember which is which anymore) has that ISBN, but I think it is the BAM copy. The other ISBN is 9780062565822, which I believe to be the B&N copy because of the damage sustained enroute thanks to their terrific packing job. Like Paul, my Waterstreet Books copy has that ISBN. Also the copy that Chris hand inscribed at the book signing in Nashua has that ISBN too. I have no idea what any of this means, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone looking for the PS edition of Horns? There's one on Biblio with a pretty good price, but I'd ask for pictures. Then again, I always ask them for pictures.

HORNS

Incidentally, I can tell you of an error in the listing - there were 500 signed by only Joe Hill, not 300 (at least that's what it says on the signature page of mine).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Anyone looking for the PS edition of Horns? There's one on Biblio with a pretty good price, but I'd ask for pictures. Then again, I always ask them for pictures.

HORNS

Incidentally, I can tell you of an error in the listing - there were 500 signed by only Joe Hill, not 300 (at least that's what it says on the signature page of mine).
    There are 500 total. 200 Deluxe traycased signed by Joe Hill and Vinny Chong and 300 slipcased signed by Joe Hill.

Limited to 300 copies signed by Joe Hill would be the slipcased version.

edit:That's still a good price for that version. I've sold them for $140 recently.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

HORNS

There are 500 total. 200 Deluxe traycased signed by Joe Hill and Vinny Chong and 300 slipcased signed by Joe Hill.

Limited to 300 copies signed by Joe Hill would be the slipcased version.
    Sorry I stand (or rather sit) corrected.

Regardless, it's pretty close to the issue price. Thought someone might need it!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry I stand (or rather sit) corrected.

Regardless, it's pretty close to the issue price. Thought someone might need it!
    That's still a good price for that version. I've sold them for $140 recently.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

What, you think I have a dozen different copies of this book?! Well, I don't. I only have 5. So there!

I actually have both BAM and B&N signed copies. One of them (can't remember which is which anymore) has that ISBN, but I think it is the BAM copy. The other ISBN is 9780062565822, which I believe to be the B&N copy because of the damage sustained enroute thanks to their terrific packing job. Like Paul, my Waterstreet Books copy has that ISBN. Also the copy that Chris hand inscribed at the book signing in Nashua has that ISBN too. I have no idea what any of this means, though.
    Only 5, Dez?! Man, you're slippin' LOL. I think I'll be up to 8 once it's all said and done. I did find out with a little research that the ISBN is the only difference and listed on the DJ between all the copies.

Country
    Country Flag

Only 5, Dez?! Man, you're slippin' LOL. I think I'll be up to 8 once it's all said and done. I did find out with a little research that the ISBN is the only difference and listed on the DJ between all the copies.
    Well, I do have 2 on the way, but those are UKs...

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I do have 2 on the way, but those are UKs...
    My count included the UKs. Plus 3 slipcases for each from Jeff .

Country
    Country Flag

Jeff sent me these pics of the final product:

Country
    Country Flag

They look terrific! Dammit...I'm going to end up buying these, aren't I?!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Brian, can you provide ordering info on the UK HC slipcase that you provided pics of above? I need one of those for my Goldsboro edition.

Country
    Country Flag

They look terrific! Dammit...I'm going to end up buying these, aren't I?!
    Some of his best work I think, Dez outside of the US SK cases. I've got three on order . Plus two EOW!

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Brian, can you provide ordering info on the UK HC slipcase that you provided pics of above? I need one of those for my Goldsboro edition.
    Sure, Ron. The gentleman's name is Jeff Whiley and you can email him with your order at jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Thanks, Brian -- just sent him an email.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Thanks, Brian -- just sent him an email.
    Most welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 332 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 ... LastLast