Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 332 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 8288

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Reaching out to fellow boardies that live in Canada!!!

I'd like to order a copy of a signed The Fireman from Indigo. Unfortunately they don't ship to The Netherlands. Please drop me a note if you're willing to help out.
    I have one if you're still looking. I'm not sure if there's any difference at all from the US tipped-in edition, but I'll gladly sell it for cover price + shipping.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I also loved Horns Paul. It's my second favorite of his novels after NOS4A2. Such a cool concept and glad you enjoyed it!
    I'm inclined to lean towards the other folks when it comes to The Fireman. I did like it and thought it was a good read, it just didn't grab me like some of the others.
    My favorite book is 20th Century Ghosts. I love a good short story and many of these were original and fun. I think one of his best short stories was Twittering From the Circus of the Dead. Not much creeps me out anymore but that one genuinely gave me the chills.
    Yeah, I tell you, I've had a tough time deciding what my favorite Hill novel is. NOS4A2 was #1 for me until I read Horns. But I can't choose which one, although Horns is really special. In terms of short stories, in general, I much prefer novels to short stories, although I must say that Pop Art is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just finished reading Horns. It's absolutely brilliant. I had no idea it was this good. I feel as if I could gush for an hour over it. If you haven't read it, you're missing out. Magnificent.
    That is the only full length book that i loved of Joe hills! can someone point me to the wired article with Joe Hill. searching at work......

I told Paul to read the article it puts an interesting spin on my favorite book!!!
    Is this the one you are looking for?

http://www.wired.com/2013/05/geeks-guide-joe-hill/
    Thanks, will check that out.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

About $70-80? Maybe a touch more if it has a doodle?
    I would agree - I was thinking 50-70. Let's be honest, there are a LOT of signed Hill books out there. You had the publisher signed copies, then all of the ones he signed on that tour, then all of the ones people brought to him to sign on this tour, etc. We've always joked that the true rarity is the unsigned first printing
    Cheers thank you!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Tonight was the final stop on The Fireman Tour in South Portland, ME. Joe was a little late starting as he had an interview with our local NBC affiliate for a local show called "207". I will see if I can find out when it may air and if it will be available on line.

It went as most of the other events have but with the added bonus of Michael Koryta (crime and suspense author) and Izzy Skelton (Skelton Crew) being in the audience. koryta was brought up for the kazoo portion.

During the Q&A I was able to ask him a question. After pointing out that between he and his father they have made it very clear that any society that drinks Nozz-ola soda is prerty much boned, I asked if he had any concerens about including specific Dark Tower mythology into his novels. He said that he thought that he had reached a point in his life that since he had included so many of the other influences in his life into his writing, it felt natural to honor his fathers influence that way.

During the signing portion he recognized me from some of the other events and said I must be getting bored hearing all the same stories. I assured him that was not the case. . As he signed my 10th Anniversary 20th CG and my Smoke and Mirrors he said he had thought of reading a passage from Snapshot: 1980 (?) but that he couldn't find one that he felt would stand alone well enough.

Now, all this talking is happening with a pretty long line still behind me, and I realized that he was taking extra time to do a doodle in the Fireman that I was having done for Brian861. Okay, if he isn't in a hurry that's fine with me. I then asked if he had any information concerning the limited Fireman tha PS has been teasing us with. He said he thought it would be out this fall, perhaps late September and that he had seen most of the art and it was "friggin' amazing".

And yes Brian, I got your book signed and indeed, he took the time to do a doodle. It's one I haven't personally seen before, one of a pheonix, all in flames. I'm actually pretty goddam jealous.

All in all a nice end to the tour.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Tonight was the final stop on The Fireman Tour in South Portland, ME. Joe was a little late starting as he had an interview with our local NBC affiliate for a local show called "207". I will see if I can find out when it may air and if it will be available on line.

It went as most of the other events have but with the added bonus of Michael Koryta (crime and suspense author) and Izzy Skelton (Skelton Crew) being in the audience. koryta was brought up for the kazoo portion.

During the Q&A I was able to ask him a question. After pointing out that between he and his father they have made it very clear that any society that drinks Nozz-ola soda is prerty much boned, I asked if he had any concerens about including specific Dark Tower mythology into his novels. He said that he thought that he had reached a point in his life that since he had included so many of the other influences in his life into his writing, it felt natural to honor his fathers influence that way.

During the signing portion he recognized me from some of the other events and said I must be getting bored hearing all the same stories. I assured him that was not the case. . As he signed my 10th Anniversary 20th CG and my Smoke and Mirrors he said he had thought of reading a passage from Snapshot: 1980 (?) but that he couldn't find one that he felt would stand alone well enough.

Now, all this talking is happening with a pretty long line still behind me, and I realized that he was taking extra time to do a doodle in the Fireman that I was having done for Brian861. Okay, if he isn't in a hurry that's fine with me. I then asked if he had any information concerning the limited Fireman tha PS has been teasing us with. He said he thought it would be out this fall, perhaps late September and that he had seen most of the art and it was "friggin' amazing".

And yes Brian, I got your book signed and indeed, he took the time to do a doodle. It's one I haven't personally seen before, one of a pheonix, all in flames. I'm actually pretty goddam jealous.

Joe posted that doodle on Twitter recently and stated that 'End of the tour and I finally have a good doodle!' I am definitely jealous as it was an awesome doodle.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I believe the "Snapshot: 1980" (I think it's Backshot) is the novella that is being released by CD as part of a double issue magazine.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I believe the "Snapshot: 1980" (I think it's Backshot) is the novella that is being released by CD as part of a double issue magazine.
    It is also going to be included in his next book, a collection of four novellas called "Strange Weather". I am pretty sure about the Snapshot part of the title but as i was typing I threw a rod and couldn't remember the year used in the title.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It is also going to be included in his next book, a collection of four novellas called "Strange Weather". I am pretty sure about the Snapshot part of the title but as i was typing I threw a rod and couldn't remember the year used in the title.
    You are correct. From CD: Snapshot, 1988

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great story! Thanks for sharing & hope to see some of the recorded material from NBC
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Reaching out to fellow boardies that live in Canada!!!

I'd like to order a copy of a signed The Fireman from Indigo. Unfortunately they don't ship to The Netherlands. Please drop me a note if you're willing to help out.
    I have one if you're still looking. I'm not sure if there's any difference at all from the US tipped-in edition, but I'll gladly sell it for cover price + shipping.
    Thanks for offering your help. I sent you a PM
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Chris! First off, glad you had such a great experience and Joe took the extra time to chat you up. That's beyond cool! Secondly, I can't thank you enough for making the time and effort to get this done for me! So stoked to hear of the awesome doodle. Can't wait to see it. What makes it even more incredible is that the Phoenix has always had a special meaning to me. I fell in love with the image the first time The Bandit rolled the Trans Am out the back of that tractor-trailer. Later in life, I owned a '96 Trans Am; no Phoenix on the hood though. And my ebay user name is phoenixdown96 after that car. I feel like I just hit the lottery this early morning when I read this. And to top it off, yesterday afternoon, I received my signed UK copy from Alan!

I don't like to get too personal here because I feel it's really not the place. Even though I've still been able to make small book purchases, the last year has been really rough due to a lay off. So Alan and Chris, what you guys have done for me with these signings, I can't put into words the joy or appreciation I'm feeling right now. I believe David (Betts) had on his home page awhile back about how far a kind gesture or word can go. He was spot on and you guys delivered in a big way. Demonstrating complete selflessness in fore filling a fellow forum members request. I guy you both don't even know outside of what is seen and read here. Yes, Joe signs a ton of books and other things and it might not be that big of a deal outside of our little circle. But it's a huge deal to me. And in the end, that's all that matters. If there ever is anything I can do for you guys, please, don't hesitate to ask. I'm forever indebted to you both. Thanks again, guys! You truly
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't get any opinions over on the Other Collectable Authors thread so I thought I'd hit you guys for here. A good friend/mentor/fellow collector is looking to sell me his Joe Hill collection so I wanted to get your guys opinion on valuations. He's always done right by me but still I figure it doesn't hurt to double check. Thanks!

US 1st/1st:
    20th Century Ghosts signed, dated and doodled
    Heart Shaped Box Signed and dated 2-22-07
    Horns Signed "Damnably Joe Hill", doodle
    NOS4A2 Signed Pre-Publication "Joe Hill"
    NOS4A2 Signed "Joe Hill"

UK 1st/1st:
    20th Century Ghosts Pub by Gollancz
    Heart Shaped Box Pub by Gollancz
    Horns Pub by Gollancz

20th Century Ghosts TPB Pub by PS signed dated Oct. 8,2007 and doodled
    20th Century Ghosts LTD, #d and Slipcased. #172 of 200. Signed by JH and Christopher Golden. Pub by PS

Heart Shaped Box Deluxe LTD & #d. #14 of 200. Pub By Sub Press.
    Heart Shaped Box LTD & #d. #206 of 500 Pub by Sub Press.

Gunpowder HC jacket & slipcover #113 of 200 signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS.

The Saved HC Holiday Chapbook #3, No jacket as issued. Pub by PS

Horns LTD, #d and Traycased. #18 of 200. Signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS

Heart Shaped Box Signed LTD ED of 1300 copies. Still In shrink. Pub by Gollancz

Locke & Key IDW volumes all #d 1 - 6.

Locke & Key Sub Press Deluxe #d LTDs all same #. Vol. 1 - 3.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Didn't get any opinions over on the Other Collectable Authors thread so I thought I'd hit you guys for here. A good friend/mentor/fellow collector is looking to sell me his Joe Hill collection so I wanted to get your guys opinion on valuations. He's always done right by me but still I figure it doesn't hurt to double check. Thanks!

US 1st/1st:
    20th Century Ghosts signed, dated and doodled
    Heart Shaped Box Signed and dated 2-22-07
    Horns Signed "Damnably Joe Hill", doodle
    NOS4A2 Signed Pre-Publication "Joe Hill"
    NOS4A2 Signed "Joe Hill"

UK 1st/1st:
    20th Century Ghosts Pub by Gollancz
    Heart Shaped Box Pub by Gollancz
    Horns Pub by Gollancz

20th Century Ghosts TPB Pub by PS signed dated Oct. 8,2007 and doodled
    20th Century Ghosts LTD, #d and Slipcased. #172 of 200. Signed by JH and Christopher Golden. Pub by PS

Heart Shaped Box Deluxe LTD & #d. #14 of 200. Pub By Sub Press.
    Heart Shaped Box LTD & #d. #206 of 500 Pub by Sub Press.

Gunpowder HC jacket & slipcover #113 of 200 signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS.

The Saved HC Holiday Chapbook #3, No jacket as issued. Pub by PS

Horns LTD, #d and Traycased. #18 of 200. Signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS

Heart Shaped Box Signed LTD ED of 1300 copies. Still In shrink. Pub by Gollancz

Locke & Key IDW volumes all #d 1 - 6.

Locke & Key Sub Press Deluxe #d LTDs all same #. Vol. 1 - 3.

I'm only looking for a few of these, and have been watching only for just a little while, but here's what I'm seeing:

20th Century Ghosts signed paperback $50.00 - SOLD
    20th Century Ghosts signed paperback $56.61 - SOLD

20th Century Ghosts S/L hardcover; 200 numbered $506.00 Available
    20th Century Ghosts S/L hardcover; 200 numbered $650.00 Available
    20th Century Ghosts S/L hardcover; 200 numbered $750.00 Available
    20th Century Ghosts S/L hardcover; 200 numbered $1,100.00 Available

Heart-Shaped Box S/L hardcover; 500 numbered $123.80 Available
    Heart-Shaped Box S/L hardcover; 500 numbered Ł193.59 Available

Heart-Shaped Box S/L hardcover; 500 numbered $298.00 Available
    Heart-Shaped Box S/L hardcover; 500 numbered $350.00 Available
    Heart-Shaped Box S/L w/ Vinny Chong sig & remarque $359.89 Available

The Saved unsigned $50.00 Available
    The Saved signed Ł65.64 Available
    The Saved signed $100.00 Available
    The Saved signed $124.00 Available
    The Saved signed $154.00 Available
    The Saved signed $160.00 Available
    The Saved signed $175.00 Available
    The Saved signed $204.00 Available
    The Saved signed $102.75 Available

Obviously, most are still for sale, but it gives you an idea on what's out there. I paid $81 for the Heart Shaped Box Signed LTD ED of 1300 copies that I just bought (not in shrink), am seeing one on ebay for $90, and was planning on buying one from a UK bookstore (until mine came up a bit cheaper) for just over $100 shipped. Hope this helps a bit!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Dez! Most helpful .

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Pics of that phoenix doodle would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I can take a pic before I box it up, and if Brian dosen't mind I'll post it here in this thread.

Country
    Country Flag

I can take a pic before I box it up, and if Brian dosen't mind I'll post it here in this thread.
    Go for it!

so with Brian's permission I present to you the Phoenix Doodle...

Spoiler:

yeah, the more I think about it the more I want one myself.....

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

That is just wonderful -- congratulations, Brian! Great doodle -- big and bold with optimal placement...looks fantastic.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool doodle!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the unique doodle!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Thanks for the spoiler wrap, Chris! I asked Chris to do that for me because I wanted to wait and see it when the book arrives.

That is just wonderful -- congratulations, Brian! Great doodle -- big and bold with optimal placement...looks fantastic.
    Thanks, Ron! But honestly I cannot take any credit for this. If not for Chris, this would have never happened. When I reached out with an inscription request, Chris responded and said if he could get to both NE events, he'd get one for me. Chris was able to make both events and the stars lined up perfectly with the added doodle. I sweet bonus way beyond my standard request.

Cool doodle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Judging from the responses, looks like I'm in for a real treat! Has Chris just become our go to guy for all things Joe?! He oblivious has a rapport with the man .

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Thanks for the spoiler wrap, Chris! I asked Chris to do that for me because I wanted to wait and see it when the book arrives.

Thanks, Ron! But honestly I cannot take any credit for this. If not for Chris, this would have never happened. When I reached out with an inscription request, Chris responded and said if he could get to both NE events, he'd get one for me. Chris was able to make both events and the stars lined up perfectly with the added doodle. I sweet bonus way beyond my standard request.

Cool doodle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Judging from the responses, looks like I'm in for a real treat! Has Chris just become our go to guy for all things Joe?! He oblivious has a rapport with the man .

I think Joe posted on Instagram about that doodle or one similar to it.

Spoiler:

Something along the lines of “at the end of the tour I finally have a great doodle”
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

And Twitter as well I believe from what Martin said.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Dez! Most helpful .
    Anytime, my dear!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 332 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 ... LastLast