Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 332 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up my first copy, have yet to get any of the copies I ordered online yet. Thanks to a member here who tipped me off, I got the upside down tipped in signature sheet from Bakka Pheonix Books here in Toronto.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Thanks to a member here who tipped me off, I got the upside down tipped in signature sheet from Bakka Pheonix Books here in Toronto.
    I don't understand what this is. Is it a binding error that affected several copies or is it something that was done on purpose?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Thanks to a member here who tipped me off, I got the upside down tipped in signature sheet from Bakka Pheonix Books here in Toronto.
    I don't understand what this is. Is it a binding error that affected several copies or is it something that was done on purpose?
    It's obviously a binding error, but the real question is - why on earth would anybody want a copy with an upside down signature sheet??

It would piss me off something rotten!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because it's different? It's like everyone wanting each first edition printing when there's nothing different between printings other than the ISBN.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A binding error "variant" that may be desirable to some because of it's unique weirdness. I have a lot of tipped-in editions and I have never seen one with the signature sheet put in upside down. I want one. Luckily for me, there is a rockstar, kickass member here that is hooking me up soon. You know who you are and thank you so much!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems to be a binding error.

I feel no need to own one. Some people like to own every version of the book including, or even especially, those with errors.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Fireman debuts in the #1 spot on the NY Times bestseller list.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

As mentioned earlier, I was fortunate enough to win one of three inscribed (or signed, my choice...I chose inscribed) U.S. 1st HCs of THE FIREMAN from the Lilja contest.

Now I just received notice from UPS that a package from Harper Collins is on its way to me. I can't remember what contests I may have entered, but I didn't order anything from them...so am now wondering if I won yet another signed copy of THE FIREMAN...? King is now Scribner, I believe, so I can't imagine it's a signed END OF WATCH (if there even was such a contest drawing) -- though I can dream -- so have to think it's a copy of THE FIREMAN as I can't think of what else it might be (and unfortunately the notice from the UPS My Choice email doesn't indicate).

Time will tell; it's scheduled for delivery this coming Tuesday.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I guess I didn't win the trip to Arizona?
    Luckily I get 5 emails a day from the book publishers now. Pew Pew!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JOE-HILL...4AAOSwMHdXRRUE

The hardcover can also be preordered here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Darkside...side+scritbook

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any video of the meeting with GRR Martin?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I wonder how long this will be updated. Kinda cool...

http://www.marthaquinninmaine.com/
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from the San Diego signing. Great event. There were about 150 people in attendance. Joe was terrific. He shared the stage to some degree with a gentleman from IDW representing the comic books.

Joe read from the book and then did a Q&A for about 45 minutes. No kazoo for me as I chickened out at the last minute, but the sing-a-long was fun. One thing he said cracked me up. While answering one of the questions, he says sort of matter of factly "my dad's also a writer..."

Got a bunch of books signed. Did the first few then got back in line for almost 2 hours to get the rest signed. Joe was patient throughout and signed everyone's books. Some pics below. Off to bed now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Looks like a great event. I'm anxiously waiting for tonight's event.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Have fun RF.... CANNOT WAIT.. for pics
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Seeing him tomorrow...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Joe's making me buy that F451 shirt. I think the logos on those book cover shirts are way too big but I might still buy that one.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Joe Hill, Author

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks. It was so much fun. I'm sure you all will have a great time tonight, especially since there will be other forum members there. It seems I was the only TDT person at the SD event. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m getting stoked for tonight. Meeting a few TDT.org members and of course seeing Joe again.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics!

Looking forward to catching up tonight with my old friend Jerome, meeting both Steve and Veronica for the first time, and using that author guy as an excuse to do all of the above.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great pics!

Looking forward to catching up tonight with my old friend Jerome, meeting both Steve and Veronica for the first time, and using that author guy as an excuse to do all of the above.
    You left out... have a beer or six
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great pics!

Don't keep him up too late. He's got a 630 mile trip to Portland for a 2:00 gig.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Let the fun begin:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Great pics!

Don't keep him up too late. He's got a 630 mile trip to Portland for a 2:00 gig.

The publicist is in charge of that...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 332 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast