Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 332 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The patience will pay off. The first few sold for $150 - $350. First ones out of the gate always seem to sell at inflated prices.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I did contact Dark Regions.
    See what happens.

sk
    They're promoting the book in their newsletter this morning, but they've now removed the "sold out at the publisher" wording and just note that it's "hard to find" and "once these two copies are sold, no more will be available from DRP." I'm guessing that was a result of your message, so hopefully they do the right thing and adjust the price for you, or at least provide a refund and agree to pay for the return shipping.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I noticed they had changed the wording.
    And I did receive a very nice e-mail, offering a $175.00 book (of my choice) instead of a (partial) refund.
    Unfortunately, the few books I do like (by King and Joe Hill) I already own.
    I'll very, very politely ask if they will (re)consider a partial refund after all.

sk

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I continue to be amazed that with just 350 copies available, copies of this one are still available, some two/three weeks after it was first offered:

https://www.goldsborobooks.com/product/the-fireman/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How good is Fireman? Any King book you would compare it too? I might read it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How good is Fireman? Any King book you would compare it too? I might read it...
    It could be compared to The Stand in the most general of ways.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I continue to be amazed that with just 350 copies available, copies of this one are still available, some two/three weeks after it was first offered:

Me too. As soon as I saw it posted, I rushed to buy a copy (or two...), figuring it would be sold out quickly.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I did receive a very nice e-mail, offering a $175.00 book (of my choice) instead of a (partial) refund.
    I'll very, very politely ask if they will (re)consider a partial refund after all.

sk
    You could order the deluxe chiral mad 3 book from them - the one with the new SK story - they still have those in stock and listed at $150 - just an option

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

Me too. As soon as I saw it posted, I rushed to buy a copy (or two...), figuring it would be sold out quickly.
    I'm not surprised. IMO, it is not a true limited edition book. It is a 1st UK Printing with a signed limitation page added in. There is nothing special about it other than the signed limitation page.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

I'm not surprised. IMO, it is not a true limited edition book. It is a 1st UK Printing with a signed limitation page added in. There is nothing special about it other than the signed limitation page.
    I'm holding out for the actual limited edition from PS. Speaking of which...
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I received my NOS4A2/Wraith S/L from Midtown Comics...

damaged.
    So after three days of Midtown Comics not providing decent customer service they have said that they can't replace the book. They offered a 10% discount to keep it.

I emailed SubPress and am hoping that they will help.

edit:

Bill replied right away. They didn't publish the book and so can't help.

IDW published it. I've now contacted them. I'm not holding my breath.
    I heard back from IDW...

"If Midtown is stating that they can’t replace the title, that must be per their return policy.

We don’t normally provide damage replacements for titles that weren’t purchased via the IDW online store, however this is an IDW Limited title with a high price point and we don’t want you to be left with a damaged copy.

Please send the damaged copy back to the following address and we can provide a damage replacement copy for you."

Now THAT is customer service!

I am now the number one fan of IDW and their shipping manager. Midtown Comics... not so much.
    I sent the book to IDW. I just received the pristine replacement. I find that really awesome that they were willing to replace a book sold by one of their vendors.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

sk
    You could order the deluxe chiral mad 3 book from them - the one with the new SK story - they still have those in stock and listed at $150 - just an option
    Just for clarification the SK story in Chiral Mad 3 is a reprint rather than a new story. It is 'The Last Rung on The Ladder'.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

sk
    Just for clarification the SK story in Chiral Mad 3 is a reprint rather than a new story. It is 'The Last Rung on The Ladder'.
    my bad - thanks for update

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

That's largely true, but given that it does have a definitive limitation -- and a small one, at 350 -- rather than just a publisher sig page tipped in some unknown (and often large) number, I figured it would have more collector appeal than it appears to have.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's largely true, but given that it does have a definitive limitation -- and a small one, at 350 -- rather than just a publisher sig page tipped in some unknown (and often large) number, I figured it would have more collector appeal than it appears to have.
    As it has been joked around a lot here, finding an unsigned Joe Hill book is sometimes harder than finding a signed one

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm considering making the trip to DC for Joe's event on the 19th. I haven't been able to find any details on it. Does anyone know if it's a ticketed event?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the one I'm hoping to go to also, but have been waiting to hear details. I e-mailed Politics and Prose a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example).

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example).
    I have a question that I have longed at long to ask him, but it would be hard to set up I think. IF i had the opportunity and the time though, it would go something like....

One of things that always bothered me is when a "critic" or some other "enlightend person" tries to tell me what the author "really means" in their writing. "well obviously Christmasland is really just representing the entire Anarcho-Syndicate Industrial Military Complex" or some other crap. Are you Mr. Hill, upset or feel cheated when I instead choose to trust you and your words and just take them at face value, enjoying the story and not trying to find some deeper, hidden meaning?

As you see, it dosen't really fit well into a 30 second sound bite as I would want to elaborate more on the premise but it is something that I would be interested in knowing, not only for Joe, but other witers as well.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Will we ever be able to see a Locke and Key TV show or films?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Will we ever be able to see a Locke and Key TV show or films?
    Yes, but only the first graphic novel. After that everyone loses interest and your left with an incomplete set again.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That's the one I'm hoping to go to also, but have been waiting to hear details. I e-mailed Politics and Prose a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet.
    I did some digging aand their website says that all of their in house events are free and open to the public. I'm definitely making the trip to this one.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well free is good. Other info. isn't really a big deal, but I kind of wanted to know if we had to purchase books there, are personalizations allowed, is there a Q&A or just a reading, etc.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Has he thought of making his Darkside scripts into a radio drama or writing a story for a radio drama show like Tales from beyond the Pale? That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Well free is good. Other info. isn't really a big deal, but I kind of wanted to know if we had to purchase books there, are personalizations allowed, is there a Q&A or just a reading, etc.
    Your best bet is obviously to call the bookstore and find out. What I can offer is my experience w/ Joe's previous signings (have been to three), and, yes, he does personalizations upon request, and, yes, he commonly does a Q&A (and also spends a decent time talking w/ each person in line if the person(s) has a question or point of interest). As far as having to purchase the books at the store...some stores require that, some don't, but it's typically considered good etiquette for a host of reasons to buy the book from the store that is hosting the event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 332 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast