Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 332 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I had absolutely no idea. Thanks for sharing zelig!

Congrats sharki69! I love pretty much everything CPWIII creates, but that is particularly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congrats Shac!

I discovered the different sampler when one showed up on eBay and I noticed it was different to the one I had. Apparently the one with the PS edition ad was sent out with their grab bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Great art Shac! Charles is indeed the man!

Also, an ARC of U.S. Fireman just got BIN'ed for $350... wow!

Dan
    Thank you all. I'm very happy with it

Actually - the same seller sold already 2 copies today for $350 each and just listed the third one....

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm. Is it sketchy to anyone else to see that the same seller has another copy of THE FIREMAN arc for sale? Also, it's the exact same picture as the one I saw earlier... in the world of collectible
    comic books that is considered dirty pool. Is it the same with books?

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Did you guys know there are two versions of the preview sampler for The Fireman? If not, you do now! Front cover is the same. Differences below.

And the hunt will start lol
    I have the one on the left, it seem to me that it's the more common one
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm. Is it sketchy to anyone else to see that the same seller has another copy of THE FIREMAN arc for sale? Also, it's the exact same picture as the one I saw earlier... in the world of collectible

Dan
    It shows two sold and one for sale. If you look at the seller's past sales there are other multiple ARC sales. I'd say they have access at the publisher.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Dan
    It shows two sold and one for sale. If you look at the seller's past sales there are other multiple ARC sales. I'd say they have access at the publisher.
    Understood. For me, if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want to see the actual book for condition.

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, because publishers don't always take care of these things when they send them out. Here's the one I just received. (Yes, the cover has a significant diagonal crease)

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Yeah, because publishers don't always take care of these things when they send them out. Here's the one I just received. (Yes, the cover has a significant diagonal crease)

That's a shame... You should just send that copy to me and request another, haha.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh.

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Scary thing is that in the future the publisher will deface/damage a new arc/proof prior to sending it out.
    Worse yet, send the 1st half of the book, and only send the second half upon return of the first half.
    Failure to return the second half will remove the person from the next major book's proof.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised that a book clearly marked "not for resale" (or whatever) is being flamboyantly sold on eBay. I'd understand a private sale but this is the seller playing with fire. A single email to the publisher and they're cut off. I don't see a problem selling the proof after it's published. Selling it before is a breach of trust IMO.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Scary thing is that in the future the publisher will deface/damage a new arc/proof prior to sending it out.
    Worse yet, send the 1st half of the book, and only send the second half upon return of the first half.
    Failure to return the second half will remove the person from the next major book's proof.
    I think the bigger move is toward digital proofs and away from costlier bound galleys. I already had The Fireman in e-format

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

MLG and bdwyer19, good luck with the surgery and/or recovery!

I still need to locate a preview and now I find out there are two. I'm further behind than I realized.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    MLG and bdwyer19, good luck with the surgery and/or recovery!

I still need to locate a preview and now I find out there are two. I'm further behind than I realized.
    I realized there was a second state on the preview when I got mine from PS and it was different from the others I had seen. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope to be moving from miserable to recovering soon.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Likely this got posted already....but Joe Hill doing a signing event day BEFORE publication May 16th 7pm in Portsmouth NH...go to www.the musichall.org/cal to get tix....$13.25 each + handling fee of $5 each. Am taking my daughter so will be there.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Congrats Shac!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Shac!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How much will it cost to get a book not signed by Hill? He seems to be everywhere on this book tour. I wish his dad had the same attitude.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go, Shac!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    How much will it cost to get a book not signed by Hill? He seems to be everywhere on this book tour. I wish his dad had the same attitude.
    A rare Unsigned/Limited!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw the PS Publishing newsletter and still no word on Joe Hill's The Fireman.....

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Juat a heads up, guys, but yesterday Joe's FB page posted a status to be on the lookout for a free download coming Monday. Within minutes, this posting was removed. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Cool thanks man. I wish SubPress was making a Fireman limited I really like their books.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For Joe Hill´s first German book promo tour BLIND -HSB 2007, there was more or less no promo.
    Only a few people visited the events, signed books are extrem hard to find..... but i was again LUCKY !!!

Joe Hill - Blind
    signed 31.03.2017 Berlin

My two other signed books from the Berlin bookreading event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 332 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 ... LastLast