Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 332 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I jumped on this, I couldn't afford the other SL editions and it sounds like it's going to be a glorious monster, but with other recent purchases (Finders Keepers NA, UK, WHS, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams Pre-order/slipcase, Owen King's SL We're All in This Together) I'm very much tapped out. Almost passed on it.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So this is actually the novel for the NOS4A2 portion? I just assumed it was all a graphic novel when I saw it was from IDW.
    I don't follow the comics at all.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    So this is actually the novel for the NOS4A2 portion? I just assumed it was all a graphic novel when I saw it was from IDW.
    I don't follow the comics at all.
    I was confused on that point as well (whether the NOS4A2 portion was the text novel or a new graphic-novel interpretation), so clarified the issue with Bill. As per his response, NOS4A2 is the text novel:

It's the novel proper plus the graphic novel Wraith.

The only new material is the 26 illustrations.

Since I already have the Sub Press S/L in slipcase, and have little interest in comics/graphic novels, I'm passing on this one.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    So I picked up this book on eBay. I am returning it because it is a 5th printing but I also believe the signature is fake but would like verification here. It is a 5th printing and is dated March of 2007. The book came out in Feb of 2007 so a 5th printing in March less than 4 weeks later seems pretty unlikely right?
    I don't like the signature and there is no way that there was a fifth printing within a month.
    2 things i have never seen on a signed Joe Hill the the hook of the J going through the top line, and all of his e"s in Joe either go through the back of the e or at least touch. never saw either of these things in a genuine Joe Hill siggy. I have about 200 or so siggy's so that would turn me off. Maybe he was buzzed but i doubt it. also good catch on the 5th printing. Highly unlikely. All of my 07' are 1st printings. I have only seen a coulpe 2nd printings from that time signed. Never a 3rd.
    I actually purchased a signed copy of Heart-Shaped Box from a brick and mortar Barnes and Noble back in 2008, and it was a 5th printing with a Joe Hill signature dated 3/5/07. They had multiple copies on the shelf.

"God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    So I picked up this book on eBay. I am returning it because it is a 5th printing but I also believe the signature is fake but would like verification here. It is a 5th printing and is dated March of 2007. The book came out in Feb of 2007 so a 5th printing in March less than 4 weeks later seems pretty unlikely right?
    I don't like the signature and there is no way that there was a fifth printing within a month.
    2 things i have never seen on a signed Joe Hill the the hook of the J going through the top line, and all of his e"s in Joe either go through the back of the e or at least touch. never saw either of these things in a genuine Joe Hill siggy. I have about 200 or so siggy's so that would turn me off. Maybe he was buzzed but i doubt it. also good catch on the 5th printing. Highly unlikely. All of my 07' are 1st printings. I have only seen a coulpe 2nd printings from that time signed. Never a 3rd.
    I actually purchased a signed copy of Heart-Shaped Box from a brick and mortar Barnes and Noble back in 2008, and it was a 5th printing with a Joe Hill signature dated 3/5/07. They had multiple copies on the shelf.

wow could be a 5th printing. Still notice the e and the J compared to the other signature.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just confirmed with Bill that the new edition won't have the Wraith novella or alternate ending.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crazy. I wonder how that works out? It doesn't seem like a 5th printing would have happened by march of 07.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the appeal of the novel and graphic novel in one. I'm tapped out, though. But I'll pick up one down the road.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect Joe's stuff (yet) and so was all excited when I saw the email from SP. Then I started to read that this isn't the first S/L of this book, and so started to wonder why there is another, and if it is worth picking it up as my intro to Hill collecting??

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, the original Sub Press S/L has NOS4A2 and Wraith (written form), so I'm not biting. I will save my money for his next original novel.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I also skip and think that they will get cheaper in the secondary market. 999 copies / 150$ is more than enough for the market i guess...

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

My OCD doesn't allow me not to order, so I did and requested the same number as the first s/l.
    It'll will be interesting to see the secondary market listings and confusion over which s/l it is that's being sold.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I don't collect Joe's stuff (yet) and so was all excited when I saw the email from SP. Then I started to read that this isn't the first S/L of this book, and so started to wonder why there is another, and if it is worth picking it up as my intro to Hill collecting??
    The main difference is that this one has the 'Wraith' miniseries with the novel. The original S/L had some bonus content (an extra novella and alternate ending) that's not here.

It looks like a pretty nice book so you could do worse. I don't know how much value it will have in the long run, though, if you're planning on reselling later.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    The main difference is that this one has the 'Wraith' miniseries with the novel. The original S/L had some bonus content (an extra novella and alternate ending) that's not here.

It looks like a pretty nice book so you could do worse. I don't know how much value it will have in the long run, though, if you're planning on reselling later.
    I wouldn't be too worried about resell value, I buy with the intent of keeping and enjoying the books. Sounds as though a few here think they may be cheaper on the seconday market down the road however. Maybe I might see about picking one up if they are a little cheaper.
    Thanks for the clarification re the differences.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked for a specific number to match my Sub Press NOS4A2 and was told they will try, but since it's another publishers book they can't guarantee. I understand this, but IDW does not sell this direct so buying from another retailer is the only option. So I guess some people will get there numbers and others won't. I'm thinking maybe I should have just waited until secondary market if I'm just getting a random number.

Not a slam against Sub Press, all retailers will have this problem, just a frustration.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Turns out that Bett's also has a 2007 signed, 5th printing copy of Heart-Shaped Box for sale. So apparently it's totally possible but it still seems odd.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have UK 1sts of Horns and 20th Century Ghosts for sale (unsigned...and highly desirable since Joe didn't scribble in these! LOL!) and a copy of the Slipcased Gunpowder from PS signed by Joe and V.Chong. I would prefer PP gift and to ship only in the US. If interesested please send me an offer via PM. Pictures available upon request. Thanks.

EDIT: Gunpowder is sold.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I hate audible and I am disappointed that Joe and Owen are only releasing download only audiobooks but this is pretty cool
    http://www.mtv.com/news/2199716/lock...-book-audible/

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I hate audible and I am disappointed that Joe and Owen are only releasing download only audiobooks but this is pretty cool
    http://www.mtv.com/news/2199716/lock...-book-audible/
    Still very awesome that it'll be free for the first month - I'll definitely be getting a copy. I enjoy some of Neil Gaiman's work where they've used a full cast for the audible version - like never where.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From a recent interview: I’ve got a new novel, a dark modern fantasy called The Fireman, which will be out in the summer of 2016. It’s about a plague of spontaneous combustion; it’s my version of The Stand, soaked in gasoline and set on fire.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    From a recent interview: I’ve got a new novel, a dark modern fantasy called The Fireman, which will be out in the summer of 2016. It’s about a plague of spontaneous combustion; it’s my version of The Stand, soaked in gasoline and set on fire.
    Duuuuuude! sweet info thanks Bev!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

When is onsale date of the new 20th Century Ghosts edition from PS Publishing?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Good question.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Good question.
    Were you guys reading my mind?! I was just trolling PS Pub's website, hoping I hadn't missed something in an email!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Good question.
    Were you guys reading my mind?! I was just trolling PS Pub's website, hoping I hadn't missed something in an email!
    way back when - they said it should be announced by the end of May - I assumed that was May 2015 - but now I could be wrong. Nothing has been mentioned in any of their friday newsletters - no hints, no nothing. Maybe this will be the week?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 332 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 270 ... LastLast