Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 332 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really it was the date that didn't make sense to me with it being a 5th printing.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    So I picked up this book on eBay. I am returning it because it is a 5th printing but I also believe the signature is fake but would like verification here. It is a 5th printing and is dated March of 2007. The book came out in Feb of 2007 so a 5th printing in March less than 4 weeks later seems pretty unlikely right?
    I don't like the signature and there is no way that there was a fifth printing within a month.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. If I am remembering correctly he wasn't known as King's son yet so 5th printing so soon after release is unlikely.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Joe may have just screwed up the date, and put '07 instead of '08...it takes me a while, too, to adjust to the new year when writing checks, etc.

I'd say that's more likely than a forgery...the sig looks good to me, and, besides, given Hill's generous nature with his sigs, his signature isn't going to add much value to a trade HC, anyhow, let alone a 5th printing, so I can't imagine anyone bothering.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Faked signatures of his were happening all over eBay a few years back. The seller here just listed first edition and I assumed first pressing because of the date on the signature. So I think perhaps someone might have just faked a signature on whatever hc printing they picked up. I contacted him to return it based on the 5th printing issue and then remembered why I had assumed it was a first printing.

Country
    Country Flag

Is there any chance that the 07 is actually an 09 that blurred together with the sharpie? I told the seller that I am pretty sure it's not authentic but I also don't want to be deceitful with what I am telling him.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

This was the first intention i had...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    So I picked up this book on eBay. I am returning it because it is a 5th printing but I also believe the signature is fake but would like verification here. It is a 5th printing and is dated March of 2007. The book came out in Feb of 2007 so a 5th printing in March less than 4 weeks later seems pretty unlikely right?
    I don't like the signature and there is no way that there was a fifth printing within a month.
    2 things i have never seen on a signed Joe Hill the the hook of the J going through the top line, and all of his e"s in Joe either go through the back of the e or at least touch. never saw either of these things in a genuine Joe Hill siggy. I have about 200 or so siggy's so that would turn me off. Maybe he was buzzed but i doubt it. also good catch on the 5th printing. Highly unlikely. All of my 07' are 1st printings. I have only seen a coulpe 2nd printings from that time signed. Never a 3rd.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Lol I like how you said that. Another... That being said, I ordered it. It's a limited by Joe hill with an original small sketch. Why not.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Lol I like how you said that. Another... That being said, I ordered it. It's a limited by Joe hill with an original small sketch. Why not.
    Oh, ha, I didn't mean it that way. It sounds pretty awesome and worth the money.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all over this edition! CPWIII is my favorite artist!!!

Dan

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Why another?

Please don't slam me for that comment, I'm just asking opinions.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Why another?

Mulleins
    Ralph,

Sub Press already did a S/L of NOS4A2. This is a new edition with the Wraith graphic novel included.

That being said, not sure if I want to own another copy just to get the graphic novel included.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill is a big fan of the double/triple/quadruple/etc. dip. And yes, this is absolutely ridiculous. There are at least six different editions of his comics too.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Why another?

Mulleins
    Well this one does include the entire wraith graphic novel...although it's going to be a very large, zombie killing book at nearly 900 pages. Initially I though it was only a limited of the wraith comic - but the subpress listing seems to imply the original novel is included as well.

I already have 2 signed copies of wraith (different covers of the book) and one of those is inscribed - so really on the fence about this one.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And ordered... thanks. Never could get the original S/L and don't want to pay the full $350 for it, so this is a deal to me.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have any idea how an IDW book will hold up over time? Not sure how many large (page wise) books they've produced, since they're mainly in the comic/graphic novel business. Their artist/artifact edition books are very nice (I have 3) - but they are the same cost, no slipcase, and on,y maybe 200 pages. I think because of sheer size of this book - it'll be tough to even open it to fully enjoy the wraith story and art. The wraith HC books are nearly the same size (dimensions) as the subpress nos4a2

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Joe Hill is a big fan of the double/triple/quadruple/etc. dip. And yes, this is absolutely ridiculous. There are at least six different editions of his comics too.
    I had to stop collecting the comics because it got so ridiculous.

Country
    Country Flag

I had to stop collection get comics because it got so ridiculous.
    Hence why I just waited for the HC compilation. How many different covers can you make for a 6 edition comic? Especially at a book signing - I remember it took Joe forever to sign all of the individual comics that Patrick brought

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow I cannot type on an iPhone.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've already got a Wraith HC sketched by CPWIII!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I had to stop collection get comics because it got so ridiculous.
    Hence why I just waited for the HC compilation. How many different covers can you make for a 6 edition comic? Especially at a book signing - I remember it took Joe forever to sign all of the individual comics that Patrick brought
    Oh man, I wasn't even talking about single issues. I meant this: http://www.amazon.ca/Locke-Key-Maste...ocke+and+key+1 Another version coming out this week online but is already available from retail stores.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tempted but not sure if it warrants a double-dip at that price. Wonder how long it will take to sell out.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't resist: my fingers took control and ordered it for me.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 332 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast