Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 332 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Buying SDCC stuff at the con and then reselling to others shouldn't be controversial. Paying a mark-up is cheaper than a trip to San Diego for most of us.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Official trailer for HORNS, to be released at Halloween

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p2Jwiwz6v0
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Official trailer for HORNS, to be released at Halloween

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p2Jwiwz6v0
    That has been pulled.
    Here is another clip:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Another link to the "official" trailer:
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

This is a terrible trailer. It's like a sappy episode of Supernatural. I'm hoping the movie is good but this doesn't sell it to me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    This is a terrible trailer. It's like a sappy episode of Supernatural. I'm hoping the movie is good but this doesn't sell it to me.
    I agree. Maybe they are keeping things close to the vest for people who aren't familiar with the story. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've heard good things from people who've seen it and having read the book that trailer shows next to nothing about what the story is actually about.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've heard mixed things. One reviewer of the TIFF screening called it a "tonal mess". I'm hoping that they've recut some of the film since the TIFF release to make it more cohesive.

Also, for you redditors out there, please come visit us at www.reddit.com/r/Joehill (I created it, so I'm biased, but it's a growing community that needs more content!)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the book yet, but I agree... That trailer does not persuade me to see the film at all.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I haven't read the book yet, but I agree... That trailer does not persuade me to see the film at all.

My favorite Joe Hill book! My favorite short story is the CAPE!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Speaking of Horns. I have the early Uncorrected proof I'm willing to let go. This is the one that was recalled and mostly pulped. $75 obo. sold!

Plus I have a ARC of Heart Shaped Box. Same price.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PM sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Speaking of Horns. I have the early Uncorrected proof I'm willing to let go. This is the one that was recalled and mostly pulped. $75 obo.

Plus I have a ARC of Heart Shaped Box. Same price.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hill will be doing a signing at the Framingham, MA, Barnes & Noble on August 6th, at 7 PM, to support the book WRAITH

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/po...-30th-the-book

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Hill will be doing a signing at the Framingham, MA, Barnes & Noble on August 6th, at 7 PM, to support the book WRAITH

Cool beans - I just called and ordered a signed copy - personalized to be shipped the day after:

Joe Hill
    The Wraith

Author Event
    Join us on August 6 as author Joe Hill, the son of Stephen King, stops by to talk about his latest graphic novel release, The Wraith, and his new graphic novel series!
    Wednesday August 06, 2014 7:00 PM

Framingham
    1 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701, 508-628-5567

They were very nice over the phone - and asked if you wanted it personalized

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry - i included the store number above - 508-628-5567 (and here now) - now I can cancel my amazon order

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

Cool beans - I just called and ordered a signed copy - personalized to be shipped the day after:

Joe Hill
    The Wraith

Author Event
    Join us on August 6 as author Joe Hill, the son of Stephen King, stops by to talk about his latest graphic novel release, The Wraith, and his new graphic novel series!
    Wednesday August 06, 2014 7:00 PM

Framingham
    1 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701, 508-628-5567

They were very nice over the phone - and asked if you wanted it personalized
    Chad - Thanks for reminding me to order a signed copy....Checked ! (my past experience with ordering signed copies from B&N was - "Not taking phone orders"...). I also asked about the other books they have - all paperbacks

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to call in as well! Woot!

Dan

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Thank you for the heads up! I was able to call in as well! Woot!

Dan
    Same here, thanks for the info!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the tip. I ordered one as well. I wasn't exactly clear on the details of this "book." Is it a comic book? That seems to be how BN has it listed.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a comic:

It is not necessary to have read NOS4A2 to enjoy or understand WRAITH, and vice versa. The novel tells one story; the comic tells another. That said, I think fans of one will find a lot to like in the other.
    John

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Ordered! No offer of personalization though

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I ordered one as well. I wasn't exactly clear on the details of this "book." Is it a comic book? That seems to be how BN has it listed.
    It's a hard cover collection of the 7 issue mini-series WRAITH produced by IDW.

Dan

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

$30 bucks for a Plain Jane regular size hardcover comic book? LOL.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered one. The girl that I spoke with first ordered me one from the warehouse, even after asking several times that it was signed. She finally told me that whatever they have on the shelf is what they sent. She placed me on hold for a while and came back and said they actually have a different procedure for the signed orders. So, if you call make sure that you are getting on the list for the copies signed when Joe Hill visits the store.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 332 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast