Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeeze, thanks again Bev for the first issue, whew!

Regardless this is a rip-off. I guess someone wants to pay this much, but I never would, I think it's stupid. But I've been saying that for basically every release Joe's done so far, and people keep paying. *shrug*
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    You can't get first printings anymore though.

Issue one is on the 4th printing already.

i've got a 1st episod, #1 printing kinda two weeks ago for £5, shipping included...

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

You can't get first printings anymore though.

Issue one is on the 4th printing already.
    Just doing a quick search on amazon has shown one. It's for $25...
    But the comic shop I go to has two of them on the shelf, both firsts. There was three but I got a second one on Saturday when I was there. So you can still get them if you look hard enough.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

How is a first printing distinguished from a second?

Nate

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

on the inside of the front cover, down the bottom is a paragraph, the first sentence starts with what printing it is
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I had seen the covers of both and they seemed the same to me. That was for a good reason apparently.

Nate

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought some of you may be interested to know Overlook Connection is offering a slipcased set limited to 100 sets as of todays newsletter. Full Set Link

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't say that all six issues will be first printings, though. I'd check on that first.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    I thought some of you may be interested to know Overlook Connection is offering a slipcased set limited to 100 sets as of todays newsletter. Full Set Link
    Also, his slipcases have been horrid so far, although the Gunslinger comics one wasn't bad. I almost wish he would just charge for blank slipcases. I would pay for that!
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was happy enough with the Gunslinger Born case to go ahead and preorder this one as well (case only)...

slipcase only link

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the news straight from Dave at the Overlook:

YES....the set with slipcase will be first edition prints.

Hi Ralph, Yes we placed a large order early on. In the comics world, they'll print what you want, but you sign gaurantee agreements :-). There's no cancelling the order - you order and you pay or else :-).

So yes - these are "First Printings" as stated on the copyright page. I had not heard that there was such a low print run. We believed in this project early on, and if you don't order early, you miss out - especially with comics.

Here is his link if anyone needs it:

http://www.overlookconnection.com/in...36879adc0adf61

Knowing his sets are first print all the way through should make them sell pretty fast. IMO.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thx for the info mulleins.i ordered a few days ago so it looks like i did well.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Water Street Bookstore in Exeter, NH has a bunch of signed Joe Hill books, doodled and dated on May 1...Both Heart Shaped Bopx and 20th Century Ghosts were there...

Obviously, not first editions, but they are 100 percent signed...I'm sure if anyone called them directly (I'm too lazy to look the number up) you could buy them for cost+shipping...plus, they're a local bookstore and it's always good to support them...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Joe Hill, he has a short story comiong out in February:

I am glad to say a new short story of mine, “The Devil on the Staircase,” was recently accepted for an upcoming anthology, STORIES, edited by Al Sarrantonio and Neil Gaiman. Last I heard, the book is due in February of 2009, and is being put out, I believe, by my own publisher, William Morrow. Here’s where I’d stick a picture of the cover, if I had a picture of the cover, but I don’t, because as far as I know, there is no cover yet. So you just have to use your imagination

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I've been looking at these Locke & Key comments.

What is everyone's opinion as to how collectible these things will be. Is is destined to follow like the Gunslinger Born? High prices initially only to fade as time passes. I'm already committed to the DT story arcs, so if I start on Locke & Key, I'm bound to stick with it through all 18 issues. So, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
    Wizard

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All the Locke and Key stuff I have purchased has been at list price. Not sure if it will go up, but at least there are no "variants"-so far.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the lack of variants makes this a much less expensive series to collect.

Plus, personally, I really like the story and the artwork.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Joe was saying at Granite State comic-con that it may be longer than 18 issues!!! Something to the tune of two years after this initial run and a break...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

That would be awesome!

I look forward to these comics because the storyline and the artwork are top notch. I don't know about the collecting part as I have only paid the list price for them and if they went up in price as time went on then fine with me, but i won't be selling mine.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so I am late to the table. What else is new.

Does anyone have a 1st issue 1st printing of Locke & Key thay would be willing to sell? I am around today but then traveling over the weekend, back Tuesday.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If no one has a spare, I have two total, and would part with one.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe was saying at Granite State comic-con that it may be longer than 18 issues!!! Something to the tune of two years after this initial run and a break...
    I don’t know if I’m entirely happy with this. Neil Gaiman does a lot of comics, but his novels are few (maybe 7 novel sized books since 1990?). I hope this doesn’t happen with Joe. What I’m saying is I hope he still writes a lot of short stories and novels, and hope that the comic deal doesn’t take too much of his time.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If no one has a spare, I have two total, and would part with one.
    Thanks Jerome!! I will wait and see if anyone else steps up with an offer. I am willing to pay above list at $3.99.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    . I am willing to pay above list at $3.99.
    I wouldn't dream of charging more than list.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wiz, I think I've got an additional one as well. I'll PM ya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast