Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for the collaboration.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I put this here because of the following Joe Hill auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

Just looking for opinions. This is not a complaint, just a conversation starter:

Do you feel it's right the publishing company that prints the books/comics sells the same signed edition on Ebay to the public like IDW is doing in this auction?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did IDW create this item--the signature and everything? If so, it IS a kind of cheesy thing to do.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Did IDW create this item--the signature and everything?

John
    Good question.

Badger comics has it listed as a signed variant:

http://www.badgercomics.com/index.ph...uivkcipc048k34

If this is the case.....yes IDW created this item--signature and everything.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I can shoot Joe and Shane the link and ask if it's real..It looks it to me...But he's so easy to fake..

email sent, awaiting a response
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I can shoot Joe and Shane the link and ask if it's real..It looks it to me...But he's so easy to fake..

email sent, awaiting a response
    I believe the sig to be real. It would be neat to hear the story behind this "Variant Edition" if this is what they are calling it. Did IDW give these to dealers for buying so many copies of #1 Locke & Key?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

got a reply...

Karen,

Yep, that's legit.

Joe
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a bit odd, but in these days and times, a publisher selling something of this nature is not outrageous.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

got a reply...

Karen,

Yep, that's legit.

Joe
    Got an answer from IDW Publishing:

Dear mulleins,

There were about 150 printed signed editions.

- idw_publishing

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was published in the main Haven Foundation thread, but I wanted to let folks here know that Joe Hill responded to a letter I wrote him, and graciously donated $100 to our fundraiser.

My Mood
    Lurking

That is just SO awsome.

I don't know why I didn't think about asking him! LOL

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its one of those things that makes me proud to be alive.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    got a reply...

Karen,

Yep, that's legit.

Joe
    Got an answer from IDW Publishing:

Dear mulleins,

There were about 150 printed signed editions.

- idw_publishing

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I got my signed variant copy of Locke & Key. It's a true variant. IDW Publisher prints the signed edition seal right on the cover (it's not a sticker)
    & the upper left hand corner of the cover says signed edition. IDW Publisher responded to my Ebay question and told me 150 are done like this.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey does anyone have an extra copy of issue 1? I bought a subscription through G-Mart, but I must have ordered late as it started with issue 2, and now Issue 1 is already in its second printing, and I can’t find a copy of the first printing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Hey does anyone have an extra copy of issue 1? I bought a subscription through G-Mart, but I must have ordered late as it started with issue 2, and now Issue 1 is already in its second printing, and I can’t find a copy of the first printing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Have you tried Dave at Over Look:

http://www.overlookconnection.com/

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think I have an extra copy. PM me your info.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to both, and Bev I'm sending a PM. It's much appreciated!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Posted in the Comic forum, but very relevant:
    Joe Hill at the Granite State Comicon May 18th
    Hi everyone, just a quick note to let everyone know that Joe Hill will be appearing at the Granite State Comicon at the Center of New Hampshire in Manchester, NH on May 18th. As far as I can tell this is only one of the comic conventions Joe is doing this year so this is a great chance to meet Joe and get your copies of Locke & Key signed!

In addition to Joe we also have several guest artists including Green Lantern's Ethan Van Sciver (who will be sketching for FREE), The Flash's Scott Kolins, Incredible Hercules' Khoi Pham and many others! There will be comic dealers coming in from all over New England, anime screenings, video game tournaments and more! Plus you can get your picture taken with your favorite Star Wars characters including Jabba the Hutt!

Admission is just $6 for adults, kids under 10 get in Free! Everyone that enters will be included in our hourly raffles for movie passes, Iron Man goodies, gift certificates and more! Plus be sure to check out the awesome freebie table! Parking on the streets of Manchester is free! The doors open at 10am and stay open until 4pm. The Radisson Center of New Hampshire is located at 700 Elm Street in the heart of downtown Manchester. For all the latest details check out www.granitecon.com. We hope to see you there!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I want a signed special issue of L&K!

I want to go to Granite State Comicon!

I want an Oompa Loompa!

And I want it now!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I want a signed special issue of L&K!
    I'm gonna get mined signed!

I want to go to Granite State Comicon!
    I'm going!!

I want an Oompa Loompa!
    I have one, aren't you jealous?????

And I want it now!
    And you can't have it!!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Locke-and-Key-1-...QQcmdZViewItem

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

That is a rip off...you can still find 1 and 2 if you look hard enough.

My Mood
    Lurking

You can't get first printings anymore though.

Issue one is on the 4th printing already.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Until just recently my local store had First printings-but no longer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast