Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I missed the boat on the SubP 1st Edition. I paid about $150 total for both the Gollancz and SubP 2nd editions. Whether they retain their value will largely depend on Joe and his ultimate success over the long haul. Since it's his first novel, I think it's worth investing.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up a signed/limited copy of "Heart Shaped Box" - just wondering which is the better investment (which will hold/increase its value better), one of the 1/1300 Gollancz or one of the 1/400 regular edition second printings from Subterranean Press?
    Just my opinion, but I think the investment potential of that book was used up soon after issue when speculators bought and hoarded at unrealistic levels.
    In my opinion that book will be much cheaper in a couple of years.

If you want an investment buy a first edition of Ayn Rand's ATLAS SHRUGGED. That book goes up 10 to 15% every year.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This cat will be picking that up for sure.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This is the response I received:

Hello, Jerome.

If you send a package to Joe with the return postage pre-paid, Joe will certainly sign your books. If the books are to have a specific name in the inscription be sure to include a slip of paper that says so for Joe to see.

The only thing I need to say beyond that is -- please be patient with the return of your books, as Joe will absolutely sign them, there's no guarantee that he'll be able to do so the day they arrive. I'm sure you can appreciate that -- though, he'll surely get to them as fast as he can.

OK, with that said... here's the address:

Joe Hill
    PMB #218
    20 Portsmouth Ave.
    Stratham, NH 03885

-Shane
    Good luck.
    Thanks for this, Jerome! I sent my 1st/1st of Heart-Shaped Box to Joe (I already had a personalized signed of 20th Century Ghosts from his NH signing in October), and Joe was kind enough to write a great note:

"God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful inscription.
    Joe Hill is very kind.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Dimension has picked up the rights to the graphic novel Locke & Key by Joe Hill which they hope to turn into a feature film.

In fact, Variety reports, the studio is eyeing the fantasy/thriller property as potential franchise fare.

Hill is the son of horror author Stephen King. There's an adaptation of his Heart-Shaped Box novel in the works at Warner Bros.

From IDW, Locke & Key centers around three kids who become the caretakers of Keyhouse, a palatial home in New England that is full of secrets and magic. The children find doorways that take them to various places, give them special powers, and change their appearance. But behind one door is a violent, deadly creature.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A movie? Cool! Thanks for the update, Bev.

John, that is a beautiful inscription! As Jerome said, Joe Hill is very kind.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Dimension has picked up the rights to the graphic novel Locke & Key by Joe Hill which they hope to turn into a feature film.

In fact, Variety reports, the studio is eyeing the fantasy/thriller property as potential franchise fare.

Hill is the son of horror author Stephen King. There's an adaptation of his Heart-Shaped Box novel in the works at Warner Bros.

From IDW, Locke & Key centers around three kids who become the caretakers of Keyhouse, a palatial home in New England that is full of secrets and magic. The children find doorways that take them to various places, give them special powers, and change their appearance. But behind one door is a violent, deadly creature.
    That looks like a pretty good endorsement that this comic will be good!
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Joe will be in Ft. Meyers Florida and Los Angeles in March and April:
    Promoting Heart-Shaped Box
    Saturday, March 15, 2008
    LEE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM/Southwest Florida Book Festival
    1375 Monroe ST Harborside Event Center Fort Myers, FL 33901

Promoting 20th Century Ghosts
    Saturday, March 15, 2008
    LEE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM/Southwest Florida Book Festival
    1375 Monroe ST Harborside Event Center Fort Myers, FL 33901

Promoting Heart-Shaped Box
    Sunday, April 27, 2008
    01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
    LA TIMES FESTIVAL OF BOOKS
    UCLA Campus Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, June 05, 2008
    06:30 PM
    EXETER PUBLIC LIBRARY
    4 Chestnut ST Exeter, NH 03833

Thursday, July 24, 2008
    COMIC CON 2008
    San Diego, Ca

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Oh snap! I am there!
    *calculates time to Ft. Myers*

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just make sure to bring your own 1st editions to be signed.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck to the ones that attend!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, my best friend lives in Fort Myers...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the french Heart SHaped box will be published during this month..
    once ill get my hand on the review copy and read it, i ll try to find someone to send it to USA to him :-)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

There are currently 5 The Saved signed limited editions over at the horror mall. Personally I don't think it's worth it, but I said the same for Voluntary Committal. *shrug*

I just thought I would mention it since I just saw them in stock.
    Geoff

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    the french Heart SHaped box will be published during this month..
    once ill get my hand on the review copy and read it, i ll try to find someone to send it to USA to him :-)
    You can send it to me!

I am so going to the June one, if you can wait that long...of course, I would love a copy of the French edition.

PM me and we can talk.

Karen
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    There are currently 5 The Saved signed limited editions over at the horror mall. Personally I don't think it's worth it, but I said the same for Voluntary Committal. *shrug*

I just thought I would mention it since I just saw them in stock.
    Would love to get one, but I don't think it's worth the money (just like you). Who knows in ten years I could be kicking myself....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, I was remembering back when I got my copy of the s/l Stand--for $750. (This was back in 1992.) I was really hesitant about putting out that much money for a book. I did, though. Now, 15 years later, look what happened!

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Well I remember buying TWO copies of the 1/200 SL of 20th Century Ghosts for $106 each...and while the price HAS peaked, I will say that if I were to sell I will make a bit of a profit.

I keep checking to make sure they still have them. I've been thinking about this and I just might take the plunge!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I understanding this correct? Three six-issue installments of Locke & Key?

"IDW released the first issue of "Locke & Key" on Wednesday, and will release the second volume March 5. The plan is to do three six-issue installments, a total of 18 comics.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Breaking news about Joe Hill and SK collaborating on a novella.
    Over on the message board, Paul Campbell wonders if I’m washing my hands of short fiction. The short answer on that is, no way.
    It’s true that at the moment I’m knee-deep in a novel that I didn’t expect to be writing, and having a hell of a good time with it, thanks. And until I turn in the new book, I won’t have a lot of time for short fiction. But I recently collaborated on a novella with my Paw, so that’s coming down the pike.
    Joe Hill Fiction.com

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Am I understanding this correct? Three six-issue installments of Locke & Key?

"IDW released the first issue of "Locke & Key" on Wednesday, and will release the second volume March 5. The plan is to do three six-issue installments, a total of 18 comics.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I mentioned this earlier in a thread, if Joe plans of doing a lot of comics it takes away from his novel writing. I judge this by Neil Gaiman's output. He's only got about 10 novels in 20 years, but a lot of comics. Even though I like this idea for the comics, I would rather see him working on novels/short stories.

RF, I think I just made a mess in my pants. If that's true I am very excited. they would probably bring the best out of each other.
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Breaking news about Joe Hill and SK collaborating on a novella.
    Over on the message board, Paul Campbell wonders if I’m washing my hands of short fiction. The short answer on that is, no way.
    It’s true that at the moment I’m knee-deep in a novel that I didn’t expect to be writing, and having a hell of a good time with it, thanks. And until I turn in the new book, I won’t have a lot of time for short fiction. But I recently collaborated on a novella with my Paw, so that’s coming down the pike.
    Joe Hill Fiction.com
    Wow, thats really cool! Can we only hope for a S/L edition as well??
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast