Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 332 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    How rare is this Locke and Key issue??? I"ve tried finding out some information but haven't gotten any good numbers. See Link.

http://idwlimited.com/locke-key-welc...-ri-cover.html

G
    i have no idea - since I did not collect the individual comics - but it looks like IDW has created their own limited series - there are a few other of their comics in this category. They have created a premium of limited editions - but they do not list how "limited" the Locke and Key comics are (they do list print runs for some of the other comics). I do not own a copy of Locke & Key - guide to the keys - is this a worthwhile one-shot to add? It seems like this too is added in their limited collection.
    ct

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is exactly the reason I don't collect comics anymore, even SK or JH ones. When I was buying comics as a teanager in the early 90s, only once in a great while did a comic have more than one version.

Nowadays, every single comic has 18 covers based various printings, variants, or even what shape the inkers poo was that morning. It's a frustrating practice, and why I wait for a hard cover. i tried collecting the original couple series of the Gunslinger comics but called it quites after the 2nd one I think. 6 actual comics with 97 different cover variations. F That
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    How rare is this Locke and Key issue??? I"ve tried finding out some information but haven't gotten any good numbers. See Link.

G
    i have no idea - since I did not collect the individual comics - but it looks like IDW has created their own limited series - there are a few other of their comics in this category. They have created a premium of limited editions - but they do not list how "limited" the Locke and Key comics are (they do list print runs for some of the other comics). I do not own a copy of Locke & Key - guide to the keys - is this a worthwhile one-shot to add? It seems like this too is added in their limited collection.
    ct
    All the info is at the link. It's most limited edition. Still not worth $50 IMO.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    That is exactly the reason I don't collect comics anymore, even SK or JH ones. When I was buying comics as a teanager in the early 90s, only once in a great while did a comic have more than one version.

Nowadays, every single comic has 18 covers based various printings, variants, or even what shape the inkers poo was that morning. It's a frustrating practice, and why I wait for a hard cover. i tried collecting the original couple series of the Gunslinger comics but called it quites after the 2nd one I think. 6 actual comics with 97 different cover variations. F That
    100% agree. I remember the good old days of going to the comic shop on Wednesday to pick up that week's comics. Each month, one book in the series came out. Now, between the regular edition, the 5 additional covers, the retailer incentive covers, the special covers by companies like Dynamic Forces and Jetpack Comics (for Locke and Key), etc., it is just too much. I want comics for the story/art, not for 15 different covers.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

100% agree. I remember the good old days of going to the comic shop on Wednesday to pick up that week's comics. Each month, one book in the series came out. Now, between the regular edition, the 5 additional covers, the retailer incentive covers, the special covers by companies like Dynamic Forces and Jetpack Comics (for Locke and Key), etc., it is just too much. I want comics for the story/art, not for 15 different covers.
    +1

I still buy variants* once in a while but never by Joe Hill because what's the point? He'll just do another after that will be somehow even more "exclusive" or "definitive." I mean, EVERYTHING he does has at least some kind of limited edition. There are 3 editions of each L&K edition from SubPress alone, then the regular hardcover and TPB from IDW and then also the oversized edition from IDW. That's 6 editions of one graphic novel.

* stuff like Batman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing aka the books who have a variant at the start of a new storyline, not everything ever.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, totally agree with you guys. All these variant covers just water down the "exclusivity" and rarity of that special #1 issue. Capitalism. Lets just sell more shit, and pretty much make it all relatively worthless. Which is why I too miss the good old days, when there was just one version of a comic book. You either had it...or you didn't. I think all this crap started with SPIDERMAN #1 (McFarlane series)

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think all this crap started with SPIDERMAN #1 (McFarlane series)

G
    That's funny. I have the signed Spiderman #1 hanging on my wall. I remember the regular cover and the "black" cover. I long for the days when my room was filled with long-boxes :-)

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I think all this crap started with SPIDERMAN #1 (McFarlane series)

G
    That's funny. I have the signed Spiderman #1 hanging on my wall. I remember the regular cover and the "black" cover. I long for the days when my room was filled with long-boxes :-)
    LOL...I still have about 10 of those long boxes in my closets at the house. Totally loved that spiderman series.

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a 2nd state (Advaned Readers Edition) unsigned proof. Hesitant to put it on eBay.

Typically, I give this type of thing away, but hurting for "hobby funds." With several new SK books coming out, not to mention the car-sized "A memory of Light", I need some cash to make purchases. If anyone is interested, please shoot me an PM with an offer.
    Though I've been reading posts on this forum for quite some time, this is actually my first post. Since I'm a new member, I'm not able to send a PM yet so could you let me know if the ARC is still available?

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

G
    Guess I'm one of the few boardies that collects the JH comics including all variants
    This particular issue is the retailer incentive (1:10) of the so called Legacy Edition of #1 of the first arc in the Locke & Key series called Welcome to Lovecraft. It's one of the issues that's not offered on the secondary market too often. However, IMHO $ 50.00 is a bit too much, I got my copy for $ 20.00 about a year ago. Just send me a PM if you need more info on where you may be able to get one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Marcol, after 5 legitimate posts, you can send and receive PM's.
    Welcome to the site.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have three different US Proofs-This is the first one-VERY early-actually from the first box of proofs
    [/IMG]

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

[/IMG]

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

[/IMG]

The second state?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm seeing the dreaded red X for the first one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

[/IMG]

The third state?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen that third state one before. I have the other two. Other than the sticker, is there any difference between it and the second state one?

John

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    nope--no difference-ALL I can find is the proof without a sticker and the proof with the sticker.
    The very first one came from the first one and that is doodled and signed to MIKE and is 776 pages vs 686 pages in the other two proofs.
    The oldest one has smooth edges where the other two are "rough" pages.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Too bad the Haven Foundation didn't get this much for the NOS4A2 ARC that was up on ebay last week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Advan...item257a6dd9c5

And still a couple days left and cannot tell if its the first state or not - since no "real" pic of book or sig

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad the Haven Foundation didn't get this much for the NOS4A2 ARC that was up on ebay last week:

And still a couple days left and cannot tell if its the first state or not - since no "real" pic of book or sig
    A thousand bids in tiny increments by someone with zero feedback? Curious.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Those later proofs with the raised/embossed, shiny metallic-looking license plates...that's a pretty cool effect.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Certainly looks like they are trying to up the price. Also, the seller hasn't sold anything in at least 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

A thousand bids in tiny increments by someone with zero feedback? Curious.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

suspect for sure

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ben is his Publicist. Not sure what that sticker would add since it seems to be a standard avery tpye label that I'm sure would take all of 2 seconds to reproduce.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 332 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast