Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Craigslist seller is doing her own auction. She's doing a "at least $125 and HIGHER"-auction.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    My ARC is NOS4A2 is on the way! Should have an Amazon review posted within a couple weeks...
    so did you get it from that above craig's list seller - or from an old ebay auction?
    Neither - it's an actual real review copy from the publisher. Part of an Amazon advance review program.

Also - 704 pages? WTF? Doesn't anybody edit anymore?

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

My ARC is NOS4A2 is on the way! Should have an Amazon review posted within a couple weeks...
    so did you get it from that above craig's list seller - or from an old ebay auction?
    I'm guessing he's getting it via The Vine.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Yeah, exactly - I'm a little surprised it was offered, since I figure it's already guaranteed to be a decent seller. But they offered "The Twelve" by Cronin, as well, so I guess that doesn't matter.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

they have multiple copies

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

If they would have cut about 200 to 300 pages the book would have been much better. It had the potential to be a horror classic but Hills insistence on making Manx and Bing ridiculous caricatures ruins the effect.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Yeah, exactly - I'm a little surprised it was offered, since I figure it's already guaranteed to be a decent seller. But they offered "The Twelve" by Cronin, as well, so I guess that doesn't matter.
    I don't know about how it works now, but it used to cost a good bit of money to have your book included in The Vine program, so in the early days publishers just used it to promote books they were already advertising heavily. A mid-list book with a $5000 advertising budget wouldn't be offered to the program because that would be the entire budget (or more!).

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

The rumor is that it's $3500 to include a title in Vine - so I assume it's books with a big ad budget, or books that the publishers believe in and are willigng to spend some $$ to give an extra boost too.

I've read some really good books that I never would have otherwise...def. a great program to be a part of.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Forgive my ignorance but what is the Vine and how do get involved?
    Thanks
    Jon

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Review books on Amazon, have people like your reviews a lot, get invited to the invite only program The Vine.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is the Vine and how do get involved?
    Thanks
    Jon
    I lost my bookmark about it, but I Googled and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/vine/help/?...reative=390957

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Thanks Brian.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I'm almost done with NOS4A2, and it's great. Absolutely loved it!

I'm interested to see more of Gabe's artwork for the SubPress edition.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

fyi - horns is up today on the amazon kindle deal of the day - for $1.99 - in case you want to add it to your e-reader library:hope the link works

http://www.amazon.com/Horns-A-Novel-...joe+hill+horns

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok...looking to purchase Locke & Key comics. Let me know which ones you have. I already have Issue #1 from the first series.

Thanks!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Ok...looking to purchase Locke & Key comics. Let me know which ones you have. I already have Issue #1 from the first series.

Thanks!
    I have the entire set up to the current issues
    in mint condition in bags if you are interested. I switched to the HB books so I don't ned the actual comics anymore.

Does anyone know if The Cape 1969 hardback includes any bonus material that was not in the comics?
    Thanks
    Jon

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

here is were the photo used for the preliminary NAS4A2 book was used. Its actually for the comic that's to be released in summer of 2013
    http://gabrielrodriguez.deviantart.c...nary-320271426

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    here is were the photo used for the preliminary NAS4A2 book was used. Its actually for the comic that's to be released in summer of 2013
    http://gabrielrodriguez.deviantart.c...nary-320271426
    very cool - now i will have to keep my eye out on the release for the prequel comic...personally i might have liked the hand prints on the glass to be a little less obvious (but thats just my personal taste - and since my 4 year old draws as well as i do i have little room to speak).

Halfway through NOS4A2....meh....I was hoping for supernatural with a taste of serial killer...I got serial killer with a taste of supernatural. It's well-written, but much too long. It doesn't have the epic scope that I expect from a 700-page book. But those who like the creepy villains will like the book.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a 2nd state (Advaned Readers Edition) unsigned proof. Hesitant to put it on eBay.

Typically, I give this type of thing away, but hurting for "hobby funds." With several new SK books coming out, not to mention the car-sized "A memory of Light", I need some cash to make purchases. If anyone is interested, please shoot me an PM with an offer.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

just saw on overlook website that you can pre-order the wraith - that is the comic prequel to nos4a2 - they will ship each of the 5 comics out once available. this will do until idw releases the HC version

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Rarest Locke and Key question

How rare is this Locke and Key issue??? I"ve tried finding out some information but haven't gotten any good numbers. See Link.

http://idwlimited.com/locke-key-welc...-ri-cover.html

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast