Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 332 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have never read a Joe Hill.... is he a good writer? Or is he collected more so because of King? Thanks for your input guys!
    IMO he's a great writer. I checked him out because he was King's son but I wouldn't have kept reading his stuff if he wasn't good.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny that Joe Hill considers himself first a comic book writer.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Horns not knowing who he was. I enjoyed it quiet a bit and was surprised to find out he was Kings son.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I think he is an extremely entertaining writer. Nos4R2 was one of the best books I've read in a long long time.
    I tried HSB and thought it was excellent but Locke and Key is what made me forget that he was a King and just enjoy the stories.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have never read a Joe Hill.... is he a good writer? Or is he collected more so because of King? Thanks for your input guys!
    I haven't read everything he's written. I have liked everything I've read. He can be very disturbing when he wants.

He is a very good writer and a likable guy.

His books are undoubtedly more collectible because of his relationship to his father, if for no other reason than that more people are aware of him.

I would be a fan regardless.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

William Schafer @subpress
    Hey @joe_hill, the NOS4A2 lettered editions have arrived.
    Spoiler

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

cant wait for mine!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Concerning Locke & Key Alpha #2...

Spoiler:
    I must have missed something here. How did he get Bode a new body?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Concerning Locke & Key Alpha #2...

Spoiler:
    I must have missed something here. How did he get Bode a new body?
    Good question. No clue.
    Alpha and Omega should have never been split up and delayed so much. The extra covers are neat-o but the story suffered.

Wraith:
    Spoiler:
    Manx doesn't need to be raped in the mouth to be evil. Kind of lame.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wraith:

Spoiler:
    I usually don't have a problem giving villains traumatic backstories but the whole bit with Manx's childhood wasn't included in the Wraith novella, and it still did a good job fleshing out his motivations and character. So yeah IMO that was unnecessary.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone buy one of those IDW Limited Locke and Key: Head Games sets? Looks like they still have them for sale and I was curious if anyone splurged.

A Kindle version of Wolverton Station will be released on Jan 7th.

I wish there were audio versions of his single stories like the ones he writes with Steve.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Anyone buy one of those IDW Limited Locke and Key: Head Games sets? Looks like they still have them for sale and I was curious if anyone splurged.
    I didn't. I'd be interested in seeing someone's photos though.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

I'm considering letting go of my collection of Joe's "early" works but have no idea where the prices are.
    Does anyone have any clue?
    I've collected him from the start, so I have all the editions of 20th Century and HSB (limited and lettered) along with the lettereds of Volluntary Comittal/Pop Art/Thumbprint.
    I really haven't been following them but also know they don't come up often, could be hard to judge.
    Thanks so much!

Country
    Country Flag

On eBay at least the Sub press version of Heart-Shaped Box is being sold from anywhere from $125 to $700. Likewise with the limited for 20th Century Ghosts. So you could probably get good prices for your collection.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    On eBay at least the Sub press version of Heart-Shaped Box is being sold from anywhere from $125 to $700. Likewise with the limited for 20th Century Ghosts. So you could probably get good prices for your collection.
    Thanks cyber!
    That's good to hear. Have you seen the prices on any lettereds?
    Thanks.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just received the special deluxe slipcase of the final issue of Locke & Key today - the one with the 7 different regular covers. Pretty nice size - still in shrink wrap right now - so no pictures to share. I will try and get them up shortly (been very busy lately). I have an extra set if anyone is interested - $50 plus shipping.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Thanks cyber!
    That's good to hear. Have you seen the prices on any lettereds?
    Thanks.
    No, sorry.

My Collection

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet Press has their info page up for Owen King's Double Feature. I was looking at getting this as an addition to my Joe Hill collection. Not for $750..

This limited edition includes a tip sheet drawn by bestselling author Joe Hill (Heart-Shaped Box, NOS4A2), an afterward by Harvey Award-wining author Scott Snyder (American Vampire, Batman), as well as deleted scenes and other bonus materials that expand on the world of the novel.

Note: Those purchasing the book from Gauntlet will receive a bookmark with Joe Hill’s tipsheet art signed by Owen King.

500 copy numbered edition signed by Owen King and Scott Snyder $65

Slipcase for numbered edition $25

52 copy traycased lettered edition (with bonus material not in the numbered edition) signed by Owen King, Joe Hill and Scott Snyder $750
    The ordering page is live for these editions.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Gauntlet Press has their info page up for Owen King's Double Feature. I was looking at getting this as an addition to my Joe Hill collection. Not for $750..

This limited edition includes a tip sheet drawn by bestselling author Joe Hill (Heart-Shaped Box, NOS4A2), an afterward by Harvey Award-wining author Scott Snyder (American Vampire, Batman), as well as deleted scenes and other bonus materials that expand on the world of the novel.

Note: Those purchasing the book from Gauntlet will receive a bookmark with Joe Hill’s tipsheet art signed by Owen King.

500 copy numbered edition signed by Owen King and Scott Snyder $65

Slipcase for numbered edition $25

52 copy traycased lettered edition (with bonus material not in the numbered edition) signed by Owen King, Joe Hill and Scott Snyder $750
    The ordering page is live for these editions.
    Cool, I enjoyed the book. I didn't enjoy it $750, though. I will probably go in for a S/L. I'm not sure if even dad's signature would have justified $750, much less his brothers.

Country
    Country Flag

The optional slipcase is what SP should have done with NOS4A2 from the getgo.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He must have had the wrong price listed before. Now it says $300.

52 copy traycased lettered edition (with bonus material not in the numbered edition) signed by Owen King, Joe Hill and Scott Snyder
    $300+shipping+insurance

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    He must have had the wrong price listed before. Now it says $300.

52 copy traycased lettered edition (with bonus material not in the numbered edition) signed by Owen King, Joe Hill and Scott Snyder
    $300+shipping+insurance
    That's more reasonable.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Still expensive but i bought one $300 hoping he will be the next big thing!!

I got my wife the Locke and Key earrings for Christmas and they are awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 332 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast