Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 332 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No dice, sadly.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain Signed/Lettered "B" for Bradbury! It looks magnificent and will hang proudly! Great little sketch by Joe as well!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember registering to the email subscription about this, but never got the email with the excerpt.
    At what date were they supposed to send it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Got my By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain Signed/Lettered "B" for Bradbury! It looks magnificent and will hang proudly! Great little sketch by Joe as well!

Dan
    Congratulations! Hard to find a lettered piece of any type for such a reasonable price. I bet a lot of people will eventually wish they had jumped on this one.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post

Dan
    Congratulations! Hard to find a lettered piece of any type for such a reasonable price. I bet a lot of people will eventually wish they had jumped on this one.
    I disagree. As far as I can tell, the lettered copies were exactly the same as the numbered. They were just lettered. If that's the case, there was no incentive to buy a lettered edition.

Not saying you shouldn't be happy with your purchase, Dano. We collect what we enjoy, so congrats on the pickup. To be honest, I am a bit "bearish" on Joe Hill signed stuff lately, so forgive my negativity.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I disagree. As far as I can tell, the lettered copies were exactly the same as the numbered. They were just lettered. If that's the case, there was no incentive to buy a lettered edition.
    It appeared to be the same broadsheet to me.

If so I see no added value in a letter.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries, guys! I really enjoy my piece... we all collect what we love - and as the old saying goes, "What I collect rules, what you collect drools!"

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It is still cool! I just like to see something extra in a lettered edition.

We collect what we like. I'm glad you've found a piece you like.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got one of each (lettered for me, numbered for a gift) and they are exactly the same except one is lettered and one is numbered. It would have been nice to get something extra with the lettered edition (e.g., more intricate doodle), but it was still reasonably priced in my opinion and I'll be happy to have it on my wall.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I also picked up both and was a little disappointed to see the same doodle on mine. I think we all got the same doodle.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I also picked up both and was a little disappointed to see the same doodle on mine. I think we all got the same doodle.
    Mine were both a loch Ness monster.
    Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Checking in to see if anyone has seen ARCs of THE FIREMAN yet?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So were mine wolf.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    Checking in to see if anyone has seen ARCs of THE FIREMAN yet?
    I've been looking. Haven't seen anything.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing is offering The Fireman sampler if you get one of their grab bags: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/100-grab-bag-3629-p.asp

That's a pretty good deal and if you get really lucky with Matheson, Wolfe, Lansdale, Lebbon, and/or Campbell, even better. I might get the grab bag, sell the books locally and keep the sampler.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    Did anyone ever get the email from with the first 150 pages?
    Nope. I tweeted about this and Gollancz replied asking if I enjoyed the email but I never received anything
    Haven't heard of anyone who subscribed that they actually did receive the email so I guess it was never sent out.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I mentionned it to my contact at Gollancz, but they offices at closed until the 3rd of january.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Deleted.
    Last edited by wolfehr; 12-28-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Missed a sentance in the email that said not to share.
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went to order a copy - said it was in stock - went to check out and it was out of stock - so I guess I was a few clicks too slow (and I was only going to order 1). Oh well.

Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

wolfehr,

You appear to have a reading comprehension problem. Alternately, you're being very discourteous.

Bill

SubPress

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Appears to be sold out already. That was quick!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Darn! The 2nd time in a row I missed out on buying a lettered edition from/through Subterranean...it's almost like I receive the newsletter a bit later than others
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Reading comprehension problem :/ Saw the email while commuting to work and only read the first paragraph.

Edit: Obviously completely my fault and I apologize. However, maybe bold that sentence or put it first next time? I wouldn't have shared here if I noticed that blurb, which I didn't until reading your comment and going back to the email.

Quote Originally Posted by subpress View Post
    wolfehr,

You appear to have a reading comprehension problem. Alternately, you're being very discourteous.

Bill

SubPress
    Wanted:

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

UGH! Totally missed out on the lettered!!! - darn school break... slept in! Congrats to those that were able to get one - it's pretty high on my list, and if anyone hears of one coming available please message me!

Thank you,

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 332 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 ... LastLast