Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 332 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    He only has two other novels, Horns and Heart-Shaped Box, so either is good. Was it Joe's short stories specifically or are you not so much a fan of the short story? I ask because many consider 20th Century Ghost to be great. For me, I much prefer a novel, but have grown to like short stories too.
    I do like short stories, but I read the first three in 20th Century Ghosts, and just wasn't feeling it. Who knows... Maybe I gave up too early?
    I'm not really huge fan of short stories, but 20th Century Ghosts is still my favorite Hill. I love it. Did you make it to Pop Art yet? If not skip ahead and read that one at least.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    He only has two other novels, Horns and Heart-Shaped Box, so either is good. Was it Joe's short stories specifically or are you not so much a fan of the short story? I ask because many consider 20th Century Ghost to be great. For me, I much prefer a novel, but have grown to like short stories too.
    I do like short stories, but I read the first three in 20th Century Ghosts, and just wasn't feeling it. Who knows... Maybe I gave up too early?
    I'm not really huge fan of short stories, but 20th Century Ghosts is still my favorite Hill. I love it. Did you make it to Pop Art yet? If not skip ahead and read that one at least.
    Read "The Cape" that is my favorite short story of all time!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I second The Cape, very good!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    And if it is a high quality book, like NOS4A2, they are designed to be opened fully and lay flat without damaging the spine. I believe that is what Smyth bindings are meant for.
    I did not know that! Thanks for the info!

I'll "carefully" crack it open one of these days when I have time read it. I loved the book, so really looking forward to reading Wraith. Again, thanks!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know the weather has been bad back East and we are finally getting much needed rain (for past 3 days) here in NorCal. That is great and all - except when you come home and the USPS has left a package on my front deck (fortunately I have a chair there that is raised and slightly away from the elements). I had two boxes today - and the big one was pretty soaked - from cheap graphics. Fortunately the only thing cheap was their name - the packing was great - tons of newspaper completely surrounding the books (which were in plastic wrap or a plastic bag) - so nothing was damaged. Cannot wait to read this this weekend:

and the packing of the slipcase from publisher was great as well: they had a full insert - not just a cardboard cutout so the book could shift in transit:

Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I wonder if these inserts will end up on eBay.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I wonder if these inserts will end up on eBay.
    if you photo them right they look like the books and if you are vague in your description you may get someone to purchase them
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

It still throws me off with volume 4 being white. My OCD is driven crazy by it.

Country
    Country Flag

It really does stand out being white
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

For Sale N0S4A2 subterranean press s/l and A Canivale of Horror s/l edition from PSPublishing. Make me an offer.

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    For Sale N0S4A2 subterranean press s/l and A Canivale of Horror s/l edition from PSPublishing. Make me an offer.
    You can't refuse?....... Sorry that popped into my head when I saw that

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Haha no worries. I'd let them both go for $250.00 total plus shipping.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the NOS4A2 S/L slipcase:

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great looking slipcase for that edition!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the art but I would have personally preferred the title with the art being embossed (like the traycase design). I'm still happy that there's a slipcase regardless though.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Looks nice. Waiting on mine.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks awesome!

I'm waiting on mine as well.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Twitter Circus story

He had me right up till the end, but now I want my money back. Haha.
    Interesting idea, just thought the end was totally lame.

My Mood
    Devilish

I think the end was meant as a joke. Like they are trying to lure more people in

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I kind of thought that too, which is cool, but it's still a little wishy washy?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

have they been shipped? i never got mine yet!

Country
    Country Flag

They're going to start shipping after they're done with Pet Sematary.

My Collection

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I just finished Horns last night.
    I was pretty reluctant to read it, considering I tried to read 20th Century Ghosts sometime last year and just couldn't get into it. Honestly, 60 or so pages into Horns, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it. It was a little dark in the beginning, and a bit uncomfortable to read. (Hell, I wasn't sure I even liked Ig. )
    I'm really glad I didn't give up, because I loved it. It evolved into such a complex and well written story. Hill really is a phenomenal writer.

Country
    Country Flag

Update from SP:

The custom slipcases for Joe Hill's BIG dark fantasy novel, NOS4A2, are in our warehouse and have reached the top of the to-ship pile.

Thanks to everyone who picked up this extra for one of our favorite recent books. It'll take us a few days to get everyone's cases out the door, so please be patient.

We ordered a number of extras, figuring some wouldn't meet our quality standards. If they do, we'll have some extra copies for sale in a week or two.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

How do ya'll find out about the slipcases? I have a 1st edition flatsigned copy of this book and it even has a doodle but I had no idea they were making a slipcase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 332 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast