Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 331 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 8273

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

God knows my budget wasn't really set up to take this hit this month, but I couldn't pass this one up.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

+1

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm passing it up. It is a strange combination of what seems like 4 artist editions with the author signing one book. Just doesn't do anything for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://subterraneanpress.com/slider-...to-the-kingdom

Subterranean Press and IDW partnered to continue Locke and Key series
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    I ordered this paperback copy of The Fireman from Water Street Bookstore when it was first released. All of their initial offerings of this book came signed by Joe Hill. Does anyone know if all of the Water Street copies also came with the phoenix sketch, or just some of them?

If I remember correctly, Joe initially couldn't figure out what to doodle, so the earlier signatures are just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    STRANGE WEATHER Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/strange-weather.html

best,
    Brian
    Both editions now 95% sold out and we expect the rest to be gone tonight or by tomorrow AM!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why no west coast swing for a signing?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

So excited!!! Pre-ordered the Lettered and asked to match my letter for vol 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I mean this in the nicest way, but FUCK! This is been a good year for my collection, but a bad year for my wallet. Its a good thing I like Mr. Noodles, because I have a feeling it will be on the menu for sometime to come.

An open letter to publishers:
    As much as I love books, I like living indoors more. Please, no more cool S/Ls this year!
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently on a lay-a-way plan with Camelot to acquire the first 3 volumes. Guess I'll be going back to the well again once that's paid up!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

So excited!!! Pre-ordered the Lettered and asked to match my letter for vol 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was super stoked when this was announced to the CDCC! Too many other irons in the fire to afford the lettered. Maybe some other time.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post

I mean this in the nicest way, but FUCK! This is been a good year for my collection, but a bad year for my wallet. Its a good thing I like Mr. Noodles, because I have a feeling it will be on the menu for sometime to come.

As much as I love books, I like living indoors more. Please, no more cool S/Ls this year!
    LMFAO
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I ordered this paperback copy of The Fireman from Water Street Bookstore when it was first released. All of their initial offerings of this book came signed by Joe Hill. Does anyone know if all of the Water Street copies also came with the phoenix sketch, or just some of them?

If I remember correctly, Joe initially couldn't figure out what to doodle, so the earlier signatures are just that.
    Placed in spoiler tag as to not take up more room. A very generous fellow member scored this one for me that contains that doodle. He was also able to score one for himself later. Not sure how many of these Joe has done.

Dez's "Queen of the Hill" inscription is one of the coolest I've seen. Can't recall would scored that for her. I'm sure she'll chime in though

Also, any book you order from Water Street; Joe will usually inscribe I have several and several will be on the way once he gets to 'em.

Edit: Any book of his or association of course

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post

LMFAO
    It always seems to be something no doubt!

STRANGE WEATHER Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

best,
    Brian
    Both editions now 95% sold out and we expect the rest to be gone tonight or by tomorrow AM!

Brian
    Limited Edition now sold out.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Placed in spoiler tag as to not take up more room. A very generous fellow member scored this one for me that contains that doodle. He was also able to score one for himself later. Not sure how many of these Joe has done.

Dez's "Queen of the Hill" inscription is one of the coolest I've seen. Can't recall would scored that for her. I'm sure she'll chime in though

Also, any book you order from Water Street; Joe will usually inscribe I have several and several will be on the way once he gets to 'em.

Spoiler:
    My super duper cool inscription was a Secret Santa gift from Glen last year. Pictured below in spoilers. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

best,
    Brian

Brian
    Limited Edition now sold out.
    Congrats, Brian! Seriously looking forward to this one!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for heads up - now I can order volume #4 - anyone have #122 of volume #2? I have 122 of 1&3, but #131 of book 2. I got 1&2 aftermarket on eBay for a decent price then grabbed book 3 at a sub press 50% off sale and Bill was able to match my copy of book 1. Now I guess I am in for a full priced copy
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press still (as of this AM) has copies available of Strange Weather if anyone missed it from CD
    http://subterraneanpress.com/strange-weather-chance

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Spoiler:
    My super duper cool inscription was a Secret Santa gift from Glen last year. Pictured below in spoilers. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Yeah, the Phoenix doodles didnt show up until the last signing event of the tour. Until then Joe had tried a few other things like flames on top of the letters but was not happy with any so he left many blank. When I got the one done for Brian it was the first I had seen and when asked (which came out as "that is so fucking cool, when did you start that?) he said that he had just come out with it a few days before. I had to take my copy to a later event and have him add one in!
    As a result, I think it should be one of his more uncommon doodles available. Doesn't add much in value, but the Cool Factor adds a lot.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, Chris! Those of us that collect Hill aren't really into the value game anyway. The value lies within us, and that of which folks are willing to obtain them for their fellow collector. The copies that you and Alan obtained for me are two of the treasures in my collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here need a Cemetery Dance slipcase for The Fireman? PM me if so, I have one available.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Placed my order for Hill's Strange Weather SNL from Cemetery Dance. Can't wait to see it!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

SOLD

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Im looking to sell a set of the 1st 3 books in the L&K s/l series. If anyone is interested please let me know, They are all vf/vf, unread and barely even touched.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 331 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast