Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 332 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Yeah i didn't realise that there was copies still available to buy so i have just ordered 1 of the signed limiteds
    I have been trying to figure out why these did not sell out. I guess because its comic book related but who knows I have the first book, Lovecraft, and I love the added section of Joe's manuscript for the comic. It's interesting see how a comic is written (kind of like a screen play) then translated and put out as a comic book. Really looking forward to receiving the next book.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Willie 3 and Nerak brought this to my attention, and I didn't see it in here, so...

courtesy of Willie3...

Contains the NEW story "The Devil on the Staricase" by Joe Hill.

Stories, edited by Neil Gaiman & Al Sarrantonio
    Hardcover, ISBN 9780061230929
    Release Date 5/25/10
    On Sale Date 6/15/10

Trade Paperback, ISBN 9780061230936
    Release Date 5/15/11
    On Sale Date 6/1/11
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Yeah i didn't realise that there was copies still available to buy so i have just ordered 1 of the signed limiteds
    I have been trying to figure out why these did not sell out. I guess because its comic book related but who knows I have the first book, Lovecraft, and I love the added section of Joe's manuscript for the comic. It's interesting see how a comic is written (kind of like a screen play) then translated and put out as a comic book. Really looking forward to receiving the next book.
    It could be that the Joe Hill market is getting a little oversaturated and yeah... still just a comic. Oversized, signed, slipcased.. whatever. For that price of the trade edition from SubPres you can buy first two L&K hardcovers from IDW and a hardcover of Horns.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

That's what I would say. Of all of my Joe Hill books, that is the one I never read, never really look at, etc. I just bought it to add to the collection. Not a huge comic fan either....

Ps. Thanks for the heads up on that book Gris - I have to check that out!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Got one on the way! WOO HOOO!!!! Can't wait to finally find out the end of the story!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received a PC copy of the UK traycased 'Horns' from PS publishing.

Question; am I just over picky, or are the dings and flaws pictured acceptable?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No you are not being overly picky. I would ask for a new case.
    And WHY do these people send things in the mail not properly packaged??? Seriously, they know they are sending them to collectors. Just ranting, bad packaging drives me insane. You get all excited when you see the package has arrived only to have your heart broken when you open it up.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

got my slipcased horns today,#23. its a really nice effort by PS.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, Jerome, I don't think you're being over picky. You paid good money for a very expensive item and it should come pristine.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome

You are not being picky at all. I sent mine back for damage. Nicky at PS didn't believe me it cost $32.50 just to ship the case back from the US. She believes me now because it showed up on Saturday. I have a new pristine case on the way back and you should expect the same Jerome, PRISTINE.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome. For the price you paid for the traycase, you have to be picky. Get a new case!

I just got my slipcase edition today. Very nice effort, for the price. #68

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Im assuming that mail from the Uk is getting through to the US

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping my slipcased book arrives soon. I got the order shipped emailed on 4/6.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for my slipcased copy of Horns... PS is based in the UK so it shouldn't take that long to arrive in the Netherlands... we're neighbours after all.

*edit* did everybody get an email when their book was shipped?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well it took the book over a week to get to me and im in the same country!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

No you are not being overly picky. I would ask for a new case.
    And WHY do these people send things in the mail not properly packaged??? Seriously, they know they are sending them to collectors. Just ranting, bad packaging drives me insane. You get all excited when you see the package has arrived only to have your heart broken when you open it up.
    Such a good point...I mean, if this were me I wouldn't send it back - because I'm lazy - but you're def. not being picky.

But, exactly right. This isn't Amazon, who ships normal trade books where the condition doesn't really matter...this company's entire point in existing is for the collectors. They spend all this time and effort at making books and traycases, and then can't spend any effort to actually pack it safely? Stupid!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He asked me to return the entire thing to him.
    I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome.

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Still waiting for my slipcased copy of Horns... PS is based in the UK so it shouldn't take that long to arrive in the Netherlands... we're neighbours after all.

*edit* did everybody get an email when their book was shipped?

I did not get an email that my book shipped, but it arrived yesterday, #87.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, apparently the good folks at PS read my post because #82 was delivered in perfect condition at my doorstep two minutes ago

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Woooohoooo

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I haven't received an email or book
    I'm sure hoping I get it sometime this week.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My copy arrived today - #305. Very nice book. Slipcase seems kind of cheap. But the book is impressive.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    He asked me to return the entire thing to him.
    I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome.
    That is odd. I just sent pictures and told him that i was in the US and that shipping it back to the UK would cost at least $20 or more out of my pocket. He was very nice about it.

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    My copy arrived today - #305. Very nice book. Slipcase seems kind of cheap. But the book is impressive.
    I agree...I thought the slipcase left a lot to be desired...

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The wife just called and said I received a box from PS Publishing
    Now I just have to sit here an hour wondering what condition it will be in when I open the box.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 332 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast