Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 332 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An option for folks who can't attend a "live" signing:

Joe Hill Live Signing
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Just saw these dates on joes Facebook page - guess I'll get my copy from eater street since he's not coming out west:

JOE HILL'S STRANGE WEATHER TOUR SCHEDULE - Fall 2017
    Here are the dates & locations of Joe's events to promote his new book, STRANGE WEATHER, on sale October 24. More details in the Events section of Joe's Facebook page.
    10/18 8:00pm ET - Premiere Live Signing, online video event (link to come)
    10/21 6:00pm - Halloween Book Festival (HAVERHILL, MA)
    10/23 6:00pm – Coolidge Corner Theatre w/ Brookline Booksmith (BOSTON) – ticketed ($5 or free with purchase of the book) - Eventbrite link in previous post on Joe's page
    10/24 7:00pm – Gibson’s Books (CONCORD, NH)
    10/25 6:00pm – Books-A-Million (SOUTH PORTLAND, ME)
    10/26 3:00pm ET -- Facebook Live on Joe's page
    10/26 7:00pm – Barnes & Noble UWS with C. Robert Cargill (NYC) (link to come)
    10/27 7:00pm – Joseph-Beth (LEXINGTON, KY)
    10/28 11:30am – West Virginia Book Festival (CHARLESTON, WV) (link to come)
    Damn.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, I haven't been following Joe Hill's values for a while and I'm looking at possibly selling the majority of my book collection -- but I want some idea of values first. Any help would be much appreciated.

What I have is:

Horns PS UK slipcased limited
    Horns PS UK Traycased 'Lettered' Subscriber limited
    20th Century Ghosts UK PS Slipcased 200 copy Limited
    20th Century Ghosts (10th Anniversary) UK PS Lettered Traycased
    Gunpowder UK PS Slipcased Limited
    Thumbprint US Traycased Lettered
    Pop Art US Lettered
    Locke and Key: Head Games US Lettered.
    NOS4R2 / Wraith - US IDW Lettered
    NOR4R2 - Subpress Lettered PC
    Fireman UK Uncorrected Proof
    Fireman UK 'Yellow Edge Waterstones' Uncorrected Proof
    Fireman UK PS Lettered (To be published)

+ others

Thanking you in advance

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Hi, I haven't been following Joe Hill's values for a while and I'm looking at possibly selling the majority of my book collection -- but I want some idea of values first. Any help would be much appreciated.

What I have is:

Pop Art US Lettered

+ others

Thanking you in advance
    I haven't been keeping up with the ones that I have (nor most of the lettereds as I am poor), but I do know that 3 Fireman UK Proofs sold for: £200, £110, and around $175 (2 on eBay, one at Hyraxia). I believe one more sold prior to my keeping track (because I didn't think they'd be so scarce!), but that's it. And there have been no UK yellow edge proofs to hit eBay or any of the long list of UK bookstores that I stalk.

Also, my numbers are a little old as it doesn't come up often, but for Pop Art, I have 1 sale on eBay at $256 about a year ago. I have another not selling at $403 that was never relisted. And one currently listed at almost $700 that has been listed for awhile. No more listed on any of the other places I haunt.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

What I have is:

Pop Art US Lettered

+ others

Thanking you in advance
    I haven't been keeping up with the ones that I have (nor most of the lettereds as I am poor), but I do know that 3 Fireman UK Proofs sold for: £200, £110, and around $175 (2 on eBay, one at Hyraxia). I believe one more sold prior to my keeping track (because I didn't think they'd be so scarce!), but that's it. And there have been no UK yellow edge proofs to hit eBay or any of the long list of UK bookstores that I stalk.

Also, my numbers are a little old as it doesn't come up often, but for Pop Art, I have 1 sale on eBay at $256 about a year ago. I have another not selling at $403 that was never relisted. And one currently listed at almost $700 that has been listed for awhile. No more listed on any of the other places I haunt.
    Thanks for the figures, Dez. Some I haven't seen for sale for a while -- but I haven't really been looking.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some quotes I've received recently, Jon as I'm in the mist of several deals to shore up my Hill collection:

Gunpowder HC jacket & slipcover signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS $250.00
    Horns: LTD, #d and Traycased. Signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS $300.00
    20th Century Ghosts: LTD, #d and Slipcased. #1-200. Signed by JH and Christopher Golden. Pub by PS $500.00

Sorry to hear you're having to sell unless it's out of want rather than necessity.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Strange Weather seems to be getting good reviews so far. Has a 4.19 on goodreads with 109 reviews. Scanned through and they seem to be legit reviews from people who received an ARC.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...trange-weather
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

My wife couldn't put the book down during the first 2 stories, it seems as though the 3rd one is a slog for her.
    I was gonna read it but she got it first!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I gave it four stars on Goodreads. I loved Aloft, loved most of Rain, really liked Snapshot and thought Loaded was a decent story but the weakest of the lot. I generally enjoy Novella length works.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got my ARC in the mail today, looking forward to starting on it tonight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Some quotes I've received recently, Jon as I'm in the mist of several deals to shore up my Hill collection:

Gunpowder HC jacket & slipcover signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS $250.00
    Horns: LTD, #d and Traycased. Signed by JH and Vincent Chong. Pub by PS $300.00
    20th Century Ghosts: LTD, #d and Slipcased. #1-200. Signed by JH and Christopher Golden. Pub by PS $500.00

Sorry to hear you're having to sell unless it's out of want rather than necessity.
    Thanks Brian, for the figures. It's more out of necessity, but I keep the UK 1sts to read and buy the new 1sts. I enjoy reading Joe's work.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wait wait.. 500 for the 20th century ghosts s/l? That’s way too high.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    I gave it four stars on Goodreads. I loved Aloft, loved most of Rain, really liked Snapshot and thought Loaded was a decent story but the weakest of the lot. I generally enjoy Novella length works.
    I also liked most of the stories. This version of Snapshot had a little more depth than the version in CD magazine. Loaded was pretty good in a realistic way. I liked Aloft the least of all four novellas and absolutely loved Rain. Funny to see how each of us has their own taste
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Just saw these dates on joes Facebook page - guess I'll get my copy from eater street since he's not coming out west:

JOE HILL'S STRANGE WEATHER TOUR SCHEDULE - Fall 2017
    Here are the dates & locations of Joe's events to promote his new book, STRANGE WEATHER, on sale October 24. More details in the Events section of Joe's Facebook page.
    10/18 8:00pm ET - Premiere Live Signing, online video event (link to come)
    10/21 6:00pm - Halloween Book Festival (HAVERHILL, MA)
    10/23 6:00pm – Coolidge Corner Theatre w/ Brookline Booksmith (BOSTON) – ticketed ($5 or free with purchase of the book) - Eventbrite link in previous post on Joe's page
    10/24 7:00pm – Gibson’s Books (CONCORD, NH)
    10/25 6:00pm – Books-A-Million (SOUTH PORTLAND, ME)
    10/26 3:00pm ET -- Facebook Live on Joe's page
    10/26 7:00pm – Barnes & Noble UWS with C. Robert Cargill (NYC) (link to come)
    10/27 7:00pm – Joseph-Beth (LEXINGTON, KY)
    10/28 11:30am – West Virginia Book Festival (CHARLESTON, WV) (link to come)
    A little bit more to the east two UK dates (with more to come)
    11/6 12:00-13:00 signing Waterstones Birmingham
    11/8 12:00 signing Waterstones Newcastle
    Two new UK events
    11/6 18:30 reading Waterstones Nottingham
    11/7 12:30 signing Waterstones Sheffield

Unfortunately Waterstones Deansgate won’t host an event this time. There will be other events announced in the near future. Personally I really hope Waterstones Liverpool One is one of the venues.

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi
    I have some Hill books for sale - please note I am UK based so shipping maybe to higher depending on where you are based.

Joe Hill - 20th Century Ghosts (10th Anniversary edition) - Lettered PS - £550 GBP
    Joe Hill - The Fireman -- Lettered PS -- £650 GBP (To Be Published)
    Joe Hill - NOS4R2 - Subpress Lettered edition PC copy - £750 GBP
    Joe Hill - NOS4R2 / Wraith - IDW Lettered Edition - £800 GBP
    Joe Hill - The Fireman - Very Rare UK Uncorrected Proof £150 GBP
    Joe Hill - The Fireman -- Extremely Rare UK Uncorrected Proof 'Waterstones Yellow Edged' £200

Just PM me if you wish any photos or if you want any of the books. All are in fine condition except the Subpress NOS4R2 that has light soiling to the traycase.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

is there an online site that sell UK STRANGE WEATHER signed?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    Goldsboro https://www.goldsborobooks.com will have signed copies. It is not yet known if they’ll be numbered/limited like their edition of The Fireman

Country
    Country Flag

Goldsboro https://www.goldsborobooks.com will have signed copies. It is not yet known if they’ll be numbered/limited like their edition of The Fireman
    I haven't heard that. Thanks for the info, Marco. I'll have to keep a look out for it. If numbered, be nice if I could get it to match my Fireman.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. appreciate it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

I ordered this paperback copy of The Fireman from Water Street Bookstore when it was first released. All of their initial offerings of this book came signed by Joe Hill. Does anyone know if all of the Water Street copies also came with the phoenix sketch, or just some of them?

STRANGE WEATHER Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/strange-weather.html

best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the four volume concept and can't wait to see how this one turns out. Thanks for the posting the announcement.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Love the four volume concept and can't wait to see how this one turns out. Thanks for the posting the announcement.
    I'm really excited for this one. Reviews so far have been great, and Gabriel Rodríguez and Charles Paul Wilson III are two of my favorite artists. Pre-ordered the lettered edition
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    STRANGE WEATHER Slipcased Limited Edition Set announcement just started sending:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/strange-weather.html

best,
    Brian

Thank you very much, Brian. now i need to cancel my Goldsboro order and order this edition...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty neat, I like seeing artists who work with him on the comics do stuff like this.

Also will be attending the Halloween Book Festival for him. He's probably the most generous author when it comes to signings, I've lost track of how many times I've been to one of his public appearances.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 267 of 332 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast