Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 332 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Is this one the same as the Goldsboro edition?
    The Goldsboro version is ISBN 9780575130715
    Waterstones is ISBN 9781785172991

I'm not sure is there are any other differences other than the £5 price difference. Goldsboro calls theirs a Limited Edition Signed by the Author and Waterstones calls theirs a Signed Edition.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Is this one the same as the Goldsboro edition?
    I have no idea.
    Hope not, as I ordered that edition as well.

sk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, yet another variant. I'm just gonna stay with the Goldsboro I ordered.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The Goldsboro copies will probably have a numbered limitation page but you might want to email them.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Where is the asbestos bound version?

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Where is the asbestos bound version?
    Speaking of.... Anyone know a good traycase maker? My department is ordering new turnout gear and I have access to plenty of the fire resistant material from old turnout jackets, haha

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I do.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

We have some Joe Hill material planned for listing tomorrow night; wanted to mention here first. Feel free to PM if interested!

NOS4A2. "Early Uncopyedited Bound Manuscript." This is the first advance version that was released.
    NOS4A2. "Advance Reader's Edition." This is the second advance state, signed by Joe in gold ink and inscribed "Gold Don't Come Off" and dated "May '13."
    NOS4A2. First Edition, First Printing. Signed by Joe and dated "May '13."
    THE FIREMAN. First Edition, First Printing, the version with the tipped-in signature page.

Additional pictures of any and all are available. Open to offers; the asking prices are in line with recent eBay sales.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    We have some Joe Hill material planned for listing tomorrow night; wanted to mention here first. Feel free to PM if interested!

NOS4A2. "Early Uncopyedited Bound Manuscript." This is the first advance version that was released. --SOLD
    NOS4A2. "Advance Reader's Edition." This is the second advance state, signed by Joe in gold ink and inscribed "Gold Don't Come Off" and dated "May '13." --SOLD
    NOS4A2. First Edition, First Printing. Signed by Joe and dated "May '13."
    THE FIREMAN. First Edition, First Printing, the version with the tipped-in signature page.

Additional pictures of any and all are available. Open to offers; the asking prices are in line with recent eBay sales.
    The advance copies are sold; the signed firsts still available.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

So it looks like we may have missed Joe's birthday yesterday? June 4, 1972 according to wikipedia and a couple of other sites.

Well, better late then never...

Happy birthday Joe!!!!
    Hope you had a great day!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    So it looks like we may have missed Joe's birthday yesterday? June 4, 1972 according to wikipedia and a couple of other sites.

Well, better late then never...

Happy birthday Joe!!!!
    Hope you had a great day!
    Hmmm. So Joe and I were born just 15 days apart.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received the following email from Foyles bookshop this morning....

Dear Timothy,

This is a reminder that you have booked ticket(s) for Joe Hill: The Fireman, tonight at 7pm in The Auditorium at Foyles, Level 6, 107 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0DT.

Details about the event can be found on the Foyles website here.

PLEASE NOTE

No physical tickets have been issued. Your name will be on the door at the event. If you have pre-purchased a copy of the book with your ticket it will be available to collect at the event.

Doors to the Auditorium will open from 6:30pm.

We look forward to seeing you this evening.

Kind regards,
    Foyles Events Team

Foyles Bookshop
    I am so pumped for this!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I received the following email from Foyles bookshop this morning....

Dear Timothy,

This is a reminder that you have booked ticket(s) for Joe Hill: The Fireman, tonight at 7pm in The Auditorium at Foyles, Level 6, 107 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0DT.

Details about the event can be found on the Foyles website here.

PLEASE NOTE

No physical tickets have been issued. Your name will be on the door at the event. If you have pre-purchased a copy of the book with your ticket it will be available to collect at the event.

Doors to the Auditorium will open from 6:30pm.

We look forward to seeing you this evening.

Kind regards,
    Foyles Events Team

Foyles Bookshop
    I am so pumped for this!!!
    Enjoy. He is very entertaining!

I'm placing the final order for THE FIREMAN slipcase today if anyone wants to get an order in real quick:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES044

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Wow this Jakub character is more of a monster than Charlie Manx!

Does someone have a quick list of Joe's limited edition specs -- the print runs AND pricing? I'm trying to fact check something and I'm having trouble finding that info. My Google-Fu is failing me!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excited about the Liverpool signing and Manchester event tomorrow
    Got my cabin-size trolley packed with books to sign & am ready to go.
    I have a bit of space left for an extra hardcover copy of the UK edition of The Fireman if anyone's interested in a dedicated/inscribed copy of the book (at cost price). PM me if you're interested. Wish I could accomodate more than one fellow boardie but I can only bring one extra I'm afraid.
    I prefer a trade of some sort, I'm still looking for the 1st and 2nd state proofs and will obviously throw in extra cash from my end.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The London event was a real blast! A few executives from Gollancz publishing were in attendance last night, so Joe thought it would be fun to "volunteer" all three of them into his "Kazoocastra"... LOL!
    Like a true sucker for punishment, I then put my hand up to join these doomed souls on stage just to earn myself a kazoo....

Country
    Country Flag

Getting my books signed by Joe....

Country
    Country Flag

I managed to get two copies of The Fireman signed and also my slipcased limited edition of Heart Shaped Box....

Country
    Country Flag

Not only did I win a signed Kazoo, but I also managed to score an official t-shirt and two promotional bookmarks....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent, Tim. Well done!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Not only did I win a signed Kazoo, but I also managed to score an official t-shirt and two promotional bookmarks....

Fantastic!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's Fantastic. Quite a haul. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 332 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 330 ... LastLast