Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 332 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe just leaked a photo of his new novel "The Fireman" on his twitter account.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Is there a pub date for that one yet?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man I gotta read his stuff. I never have yet....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hillīs THE FIREMAN notebooks

http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/po...-hundred-pages

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Does he write his stuff in longhand? That pic would seem to suggest that (though I suppose it's possible he had his typewritten pages bound, but those look like just standard journals). Interesting -- as involved as he is social media, I would've assumed he wrote his fiction on the computer.

EDIT: Never mind...visited the provided link and got my answer...sounds like he alternates between the two, though, yes, primarily longhand:

THE FIREMAN notebooks. Though a few hundred pages were written directly on the computer; some of the beginning, some of the end.

Finished my 2nd draft earlier today. That feels good.

UPDATE: Warren Ellis shot me a note asking what sort of notebooks I’m using. I tried out a few different ones in the course of writing the novel. In the end, the best of them (far and away) was the Leuchtturm1917 Master, hardcover, ruled.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Does he write his stuff in longhand? That pic would seem to suggest that (though I suppose it's possible he had his typewritten pages bound, but those look like just standard journals). Interesting -- as involved as he is social media, I would've assumed he wrote his fiction on the computer.
    Famously so, he is a big advocate of writing the first draft in longhand. He frequently touches upon it when publicly speaking or when asked through his twitter/tumblr.

Huh. I've been a big fan of his since the early days of POP ART, and have seen him on tour twice, and I've never picked up on that before. Learn something new everyday.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Huh. I've been a big fan of his since the early days of POP ART, and have seen him on tour twice, and I've never picked up on that before. Learn something new everyday.
    I believe he started it with N0S4A2. If I remember correctly it was recommended to him and he fell in love with the process while writing N0S4A2

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Signature is a touch suspect, my recent Joe signings have his loopy "H", that one does not.

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Signature is a touch suspect, my recent Joe signings have his loopy "H", that one does not.
    No, it's fine. Here are a couple examples of the non-loop H with long inscriptions to affirm their legitimacy:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is no official release date for THE FIREMAN, is there?

Cause the Hachette UK website mentionned 1st of august 2014 (hum...)
    >>> https://www.hachette.co.uk/books/det...=9780575130746
    And another website mentions 1st of december 2015
    >>> http://www.risingshadow.net/library/...73-the-fireman

An excerpt from a recent interview :
    What’s next for you?
    HILL: I’m editing the first volume of The Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy, for Houghton Mifflin. That will be out next year.
    And I finished a new novel called The Fireman. I actually finished the book two weeks ago, and I’m really happy with it. It’s long. It’s about 1,000 pages in manuscript. It’s Game of Thrones size. Hopefully, I’ll trim it back a bit, but I’m pretty happy with it. I’m happier than I usually am with my first drafts. Most of my first drafts are god awful messes, and this one is in pretty good shape, so that’s nice. Those are the next two things that are coming along in the pipeline. And I’m working on a book of novellas.
    >>>> Read more at http://collider.com/joe-hill-horns-l...X05yUwsDJFk.99
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Signature is dead on perfect.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Did someone here get the NOS4A2 advance copy that just sold on eBay?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I lost it in the last second

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    There was one early bid and three snipe bids. I was a snipe at $40.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    There was one early bid and three snipe bids. I was a snipe at $40.
    my early uncorrected proof - is still out there and ends this sunday

Country
    Country Flag

hmmm

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am also selling one
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Signature is dead on perfect.
    Not picking a fight, just indulging my curiosity and doing a bit of research in my own collection. It appears that Joe's current signature uses the "Loopy H", and his older stuff is a more traditional H. All of these below are ones I either had signed in person or through a bookstore promotion and are all verifiable:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No fight. Hill makes it tough to tell a true sig as he prints his name. Having him sign in front of you is a guarantee of a valid sig.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

100% legit.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Room 217 Caretaker;888041]Anyone in the market for a NOS4A2 S/L with Red Slipcase?

Pictures Available

$285 Shipped

I will gladly ship outside of US but I can't do that for free.

Mulleins[/]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Hill-Sig...item43d4d6760a
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just heard from Bill Schafer at Sub Press that they will not be continuing the Lock & Key signed limited series. While it wasn't highly popular it is disappointing to have an incomplete set that will never be completed. IDW Publishing is planning on continuing the leather bound special editions one each summer. Next summer will be Keys to the Kingdom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 332 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 ... LastLast