Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 332 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Any thoughts on the value of Hill’s Little Silver Book? I can only find one recent sale on eBay, so my information is not very accurate. Thanks!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    The Goldsboro edition is suddenly limited to 250 copies, instead of 150. I understand their motivation, but I can’t help but think it’s a bit scummy to increase the limitation after putting the book up for sale.
    Ok, that’s not at all a cool way of doing business. I’m tempted to cancel my order as well, but unfortunately not interested in the $175 Sub Press alternative, so may have to grin and bear it.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The Goldsboro edition is suddenly limited to 250 copies, instead of 150. I understand their motivation, but I can’t help but think it’s a bit scummy to increase the limitation after putting the book up for sale.
    I noticed that too.

It is still signed and limited for the price of a hardcover.

I went ahead and ordered it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yeah, increasing the limitation after preorder is not cool.

Goldsboro also increase the price on books as they get closer to sellout. Not too impressed with them, to be honest, although I do like their signed trade editions when they add a slipcase or sprayed pages.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe The Fireman was limited to 250 so maybe some folks complained and they raised the limitation for those that wanted to match their number.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I believe The Fireman was limited to 250 so maybe some folks complained and they raised the limitation for those that wanted to match their number.
    Do they match numbers?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

REALLY liking the artwork on that Sub Press Full Throttle!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this listed on Bett's today. Not sure if it is new or has been there:
    HW-8 Heart Shaped Box (SubPress) Limited Deluxe Edition "PC" $900
    If it's gone up that much, it's time to sell my copy.
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Do they match numbers?
    I reached out to them and they will for the same authors and series. Mine is #50 so it wasn't an issue personally.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Do they match numbers?
    I reached out to them and they will for the same authors and series. Mine is #50 so it wasn't an issue personally.
    If you want a matching number it has to be done during the preorder period. Once it’s in stock you get what you get.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Fireman was 350 copies
    150 copies was a low number in the first place so can’t really blame them for increasing it if demand is high enough. It’s a little specialty book store in the heart of London and I think they deserve some business. Especially since the book is not that expensive (24.99 vs 18.99 for the regular hardcover) and still a limited edition.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    150 copies was a low number in the first place so can’t really blame them for increasing it if demand is high enough. It’s a little specialty book store in the heart of London and I think they deserve some business. Especially since the book is not that expensive (24.99 vs 18.99 for the regular hardcover) and still a limited edition.
    “Limited edition”

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a hard time counting Goldsboro Books as "limited editions". They are really just UK First Printings with a numbered tipped-in signature page. Sometimes they spray the edges as well. I supposed technically they are limited as there are only x number of copies sold by them, but they would certainly be at the bottom of my list of limited editions to get. In fact, I think the only ones I still have are from The Passage. For me, a limited edition has to be something outside of the normal production run. But, everyone is entitled to collect whatever editions you like.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the Goldsboro and the Sub Press editions on order. Looking forward to them both.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I have a hard time counting Goldsboro Books as "limited editions". They are really just UK First Printings with a numbered tipped-in signature page. Sometimes they spray the edges as well. I supposed technically they are limited as there are only x number of copies sold by them, but they would certainly be at the bottom of my list of limited editions to get. In fact, I think the only ones I still have are from The Passage. For me, a limited edition has to be something outside of the normal production run. But, everyone is entitled to collect whatever editions you like.
    Fair enough, depends on your definition of a limited edition obviously. The Goldsboro edition is certainly not in the same league as for example a limited edition from a specialty press, but limited nontheless

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have the Goldsboro and the Sub Press editions on order. Looking forward to them both.
    Same here

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, should have read the catalog first.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ditto.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the price - cannot beat Goldsboro - for a signed book, if you like UK editions. They pack well, are really easy to communicate with over the phone and always seem to go out of their way for the customer. Recently I woke up and saw Pan's Labyrinth and it was already sold out - I emailed them and asked to be placed on a waiting list - and a couple weeks later got notice that one was in the mail. I really like this small, specialty press - and these tend to be the reading copies around the house
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my copy of the signed numbered limited edition of Full Throttle! WOOT!

Really loving the artwork! Too bad it won't ship until Spring of next year. LOL
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I have recently gone through a “rethink my collecting goals” phase and as a result have sold %99 of my King limited and signed 1/1 collection to Dave at Betts. At this point it makes more sense, and provides me with a feeling of “possibility”, to focus almost entirely on Joe. At first I thought that I would need to pass on the Full Throttle limited due to the $175 price tag. At this point I have at least one Limited version of everything that he put out and the thought of missing one and trying to find it later at a decent price was really bothering me.
    But thanks to an understanding wife and the great folks at Camalot Books with their layaway plan, order placed!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I have recently gone through a “rethink my collecting goals” phase and as a result have sold %99 of my King limited and signed 1/1 collection to Dave at Betts. At this point it makes more sense, and provides me with a feeling of “possibility”, to focus almost entirely on Joe. At first I thought that I would need to pass on the Full Throttle limited due to the $175 price tag. At this point I have at least one Limited version of everything that he put out and the thought of missing one and trying to find it later at a decent price was really bothering me.
    But thanks to an understanding wife and the great folks at Camalot Books with their layaway plan, order placed!!
    That's awesome, Chris! My focus is more towards Joe as well. Although I'll pick up King's stuff here and there and new releases. I went through Camelot as well for Full Throttle. Several things in the fire at the moment and it's great that Kim doesn't charge you until it's ready to ship. And have taken advantage of their lay-a-way plan several times in the past as well. Couldn't say better things about them.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I also cancelled my direct order with SP and asked Kim to set one aside for me. When the time comes, I'll add some more books to my order and have them shipped all at once.

I don't have any Hill books right now, nor have I ever read any. With Suntup's Horns and SubPress's Full Throttle, I'd say I'm off to a good start, though.

Speaking of which, what is the best/best looking/most complete way to get the Locke & Key series? I'm interested in that, but all the different versions and collections and one-shots confuse the heck out of me. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Country
    Country Flag

I also cancelled my direct order with SP and asked Kim to set one aside for me. When the time comes, I'll add some more books to my order and have them shipped all at once.

I don't have any Hill books right now, nor have I ever read any. With Suntup's Horns and SubPress's Full Throttle, I'd say I'm off to a good start, though.

Speaking of which, what is the best/best looking/most complete way to get the Locke & Key series? I'm interested in that, but all the different versions and collections and one-shots confuse the heck out of me. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    If you're just looking to read it, hit the library. If you're looking to collect them, that's a whole different ball of wax. Marco's site is the perfect resource for all things Hill. The editions that Sub Press put out are really nice.

Country
    Country Flag

If you're just looking to read it, hit the library. If you're looking to collect them, that's a whole different ball of wax. Marco's site is the perfect resource for all things Hill. The editions that Sub Press put out are really nice.
    Thanks for the shout out Brian
    Just a word of caution, beware that if you start collecting Hill, there’s more than you might think.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Hill this announcement of all of these new comics he's involved with has me utterly confused.
    Marco, is there a comprehensive list on your site or can someone list them here? There were so many my head practically exploded.
    I want the ones he's writing and release dates.

Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 332 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 ... LastLast