Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 332 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really dig that slipcase, Marco! Very nice!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Marco! I'm a huge fan of the slipcase, and really like the art overall. Might have to do something with the prints when mine arrives Have you had a chance to check out the DVD yet? I'm really excited to watch the shorts. I tried watching Pop Art on YouTube once, but the quality was so bad I had to turn it off.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Congrats Marco! I'm a huge fan of the slipcase, and really like the art overall. Might have to do something with the prints when mine arrives Have you had a chance to check out the DVD yet? I'm really excited to watch the shorts. I tried watching Pop Art on YouTube once, but the quality was so bad I had to turn it off.
    I 'bought' Pop Art on iTunes some time ago, so that one was familiar (and a lovely short BTW). Just watched Abraham's Boys, it's a nice short but IMO not as nice as Pop Art. Still lovely to have both on DVD though.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I really dig that slipcase, Marco! Very nice!
    The slipcase is very nice indeed, makes me wonder how the traycase of the lettered will turn out once it's available

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for your thoughts! I was hoping they'd be something I actually want to watch, and sounds like that's the case. Did you prefer the Pop Art story to Abraham's Boys? I definitely thought Pop Art was a better story than Abraham's Boys (though I liked them both), so I was expecting to prefer that short as well
    Wanted:

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Just ordered my signed--signed bookplate--copy of The Fireman from Cemetery Dance!

I can't wait for the SNL of The Fireman to come out! Haven't received an email yet announcing when it will be available from PS. Fingers crossed!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    You rock MarcoL! Exactly what I wanted to know. The copy for $1100 on eBay is the one I've been looking at. The seller discounts it to $770 from time to time. I think this would be a really cool Joe Hill item to own, but I'm having a hard time justifying the price...
    I think that's way overpriced. I had one of those mis-bound copies. No slipcase, had all of the extra material as the slip cased edition, it didn't have the f-con designation though (otherwise just like the f-con), instead it was numbered (cannot recall the exact number). I sold it to a forum member last year for around $200 (after I acquired a slip cased copy of the s/l).

I think that f-con copy has been popping up on eBay for a couple of years and no takers

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Regions received some copies of NOS4A2/Wraith S/L if anyone still wants one.

http://www.darkregions.com/books/all...signed-edition
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I will not be purchasing at that price. I'm considering putting in a reasonable offer and seeing what happens. Not expecting the seller to accept, but I guess it can't hurt? Thanks for the information and advice cit74 & marco!
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Today's mail brought me, quite unexpected, the signed/limited 10th anniversary edition of 20th Century Ghosts #11 of 200
    Beautiful printed slipcase which includes an envelope with 7 glossy postcards as well as a DVD-R with two short movies. Haven't taken a close look at the book itself yet, but it appears to be the same size & material as the 'regular' edition apart from the signature sheet.
    Did anyone get a shipping notice for this? Seems off that Marco already has his copy while my order still says pre-ordered???

Country
    Country Flag

I have not received a shipping notice and mine still says pre-ordered too.
    Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same here. I'm glad it's not just me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't receive a shipping notice either, it just showed up yesterday Guess my copy arrived earlier since I live in The Netherlands

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Recieved my copy today and PS matched the number that I own of the first edition! Thanks PS!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished NOS4A2 and loved it. This is my first Joe Hill book. Better late than never right. Wow, he sure has a new fan now! What a great writer. Aside from the amazing story, I enjoyed the pop culture references, the comic book influence, the reference to his Dad's work. And was it just me but did Lou remind anyone of Hurley from Lost? Crap, now I have to play catch up because I'm for sure going to be collecting his books and I don't have much at all. Joe Hill, you're a superstar dude!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Recieved my copy today and PS matched the number that I own of the first edition! Thanks PS!
    Paul, you must read 20th Century Ghosts! A wonderful collection of various styles!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Paul, you must read 20th Century Ghosts! A wonderful collection of various styles!
    thats what i told him! The CAPE is my favorite short story ever.

Country
    Country Flag

+1 on the 20th Century Ghosts recommendation. My favorites were Best New Horror, Pop Art, You Will Hear The Locust Sing, The Cape, Voluntary Committal, and The Black Phone. I know, it's a lot of favorites
    Wanted:

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like I need to give 20th Century Ghosts another shot. I read the first 2 or 3 stories, but wasn't very inspired to continue.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well based on that I will read 20CG next. After the next King book though. Still working on getting through those.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have a signed 1st printing of 20th Century Ghosts somewhere that I still need to read. Thanks for reminding me NOS4A2 is a great book. Heart Shaped Box is still my favorite, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, Heart Shaped Box is my favorite, with NOS4A2 coming in a close second.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heart Shaped Box seemed to be the one that was most like something his father would write. Horns is my favorite. Horns > NOS4A2 > HSB

Country
    Country Flag

Some Joe Hill related acquisitions from the past few weeks...

Wanted:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 332 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast