Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 332 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed Pete from PS about this a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard back from him yet...hope the info will be available shortly

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    When is onsale date of the new 20th Century Ghosts edition from PS Publishing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good question.
    Were you guys reading my mind?! I was just trolling PS Pub's website, hoping I hadn't missed something in an email!
    way back when - they said it should be announced by the end of May - I assumed that was May 2015 - but now I could be wrong. Nothing has been mentioned in any of their friday newsletters - no hints, no nothing. Maybe this will be the week?
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Acording to Vincent Chong:
    "I’ve been hard at work on a whole bunch of new artwork for PS Publishing’s 10th Anniversary Edition of Joe Hill’s 20th Century Ghosts short story collection. The book will be out this year in time for FantasyCon in October"

He wrote that in april
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi folks -- I just posted a note on a different thread (heck, all this stuff is like Venusian to me) to let everyone know that the order page for the 10th anniversary edition of Joe's 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS will be going up in the next two weeks or so. Current thinking is three editions: a signed 26-copy lettered; a signed 100-copy illustrated slipcased edition; and an unsigned 500 copy slipcased edition. Each state will have a different piece of artwork from Vinny Chong (and believe me, this stuff from Vinny is some of the greatest work he's done to date). I already mentioned the bound-in DVD, I think--but anyway, full info (be it exactly as I just laid it out or subtly, enigmatically and enticingly different) will be on the order page. Best wishes to one and all -- Pete Crowther

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the unsigned one still at £25?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey Cyber -- too early to say what the various prices--and indeed the finally decided print runs-- will be. But I'd guess the unsigned slipcased edition will be more that £25 (the unsigned editions of Stephen's titles are £60, for instance, and that run is almost 1,000 copies). Anyway, we'll just have to wait for our costings to be completed. Best wishes -- Pete

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the update Pete! Saving my dough for this one.

Cheers, Mike.

Best

Pete

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is on PS' newsletter. You can now order 10th anniversary of 20th Century Ghosts.

First up, anyone out there heard of this cat Joe Hill?

Yeah, of course you have. And I’ll bet ya heard of Joe’s Ray Bradbury’s Fellowship award for the story ‘20th Century Ghost’ and maybe you heard he also received the William L. Crawford award for best new fantasy writer in 2006, the A. E. Coppard Long Fiction Prize in 1999 for ‘Better Than Home’ and the 2006 World Fantasy Award for ‘Voluntary Committal’. His stories have appeared in a variety of magazines, such as Postscripts, Subterranean Magazine and The High Plains Literary Review, and in many anthologies.

Well, it’s 10 years since, overloaded to the back teeth with projects, CD Head Honcho Richard Chizmar sent Joe our way to ask if PS might be interested in publishing his collection of tales, wrapped around the title of that Bradbury Fellowship story. On the night Joe responded to my suggestion that he send me his three best yarns, I read ‘Ghost’, ‘Pop Art’ (sheer genius and containing a killer closing line) and, heck, you know, I don’t recall the third one. I do recall dropping him a line first thing the next morning and asking for a phone number and I called and we spoke and we made a deal and, well, you know the rest—20TH CENTURY GHOSTS, GUNPOWDER, HORNS, plus a little something special just down the pike that we’ll talk about a little later. But before that, just to re-whet your whistle, here’s the 10th Anniversary edition of the book that started the ball rolling and which notched up in quick succession the World Fantasy Award, the British Fantasy Award, the International Horror Guild Award and the Bram Stoker Award.

We’re doing three states:

a 26-copy lettered and traycased edition signed by Joe and artist Vinny Chong, plus the two directors of the short films (‘Abraham’s Boys’ directed by Dorothy L. Street; and ‘Pop Art’ directed by Amanda Boyle) included on DVD, priced at £495;
    a 200-copy edition signed by Joe and Vinny and housed in an illustrated slipcase priced at £125; and
    a 774-copy unsigned trade edition priced at just £35 and housed in a plain material slipcase, split between alternative dustjacket, PPC and endpapers (thereby giving you all the artwork if you buy both).
    On the regular unsigned edition, there will be four pieces of Vinny Chong’s stunning artwork. On the deluxe slipcased and traycased editions, there will be five pieces plus a set of seven cards bearing all of the Vinny Chong artwork.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucky to see the newsletter in time, got my order in for one copy of each edition incl. the lettered. The first lettered Joe Hill edition to add to my collection, Psyched!
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

18 left of the lettered deluxe!!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    This is on PS' newsletter. You can now order 10th anniversary of 20th Century Ghosts.

First up, anyone out there heard of this cat Joe Hill?

Yeah, of course you have. And I’ll bet ya heard of Joe’s Ray Bradbury’s Fellowship award for the story ‘20th Century Ghost’ and maybe you heard he also received the William L. Crawford award for best new fantasy writer in 2006, the A. E. Coppard Long Fiction Prize in 1999 for ‘Better Than Home’ and the 2006 World Fantasy Award for ‘Voluntary Committal’. His stories have appeared in a variety of magazines, such as Postscripts, Subterranean Magazine and The High Plains Literary Review, and in many anthologies.

Well, it’s 10 years since, overloaded to the back teeth with projects, CD Head Honcho Richard Chizmar sent Joe our way to ask if PS might be interested in publishing his collection of tales, wrapped around the title of that Bradbury Fellowship story. On the night Joe responded to my suggestion that he send me his three best yarns, I read ‘Ghost’, ‘Pop Art’ (sheer genius and containing a killer closing line) and, heck, you know, I don’t recall the third one. I do recall dropping him a line first thing the next morning and asking for a phone number and I called and we spoke and we made a deal and, well, you know the rest—20TH CENTURY GHOSTS, GUNPOWDER, HORNS, plus a little something special just down the pike that we’ll talk about a little later. But before that, just to re-whet your whistle, here’s the 10th Anniversary edition of the book that started the ball rolling and which notched up in quick succession the World Fantasy Award, the British Fantasy Award, the International Horror Guild Award and the Bram Stoker Award.

We’re doing three states:

a 26-copy lettered and traycased edition signed by Joe and artist Vinny Chong, plus the two directors of the short films (‘Abraham’s Boys’ directed by Dorothy L. Street; and ‘Pop Art’ directed by Amanda Boyle) included on DVD, priced at £495;
    a 200-copy edition signed by Joe and Vinny and housed in an illustrated slipcase priced at £125; and
    a 774-copy unsigned trade edition priced at just £35 and housed in a plain material slipcase, split between alternative dustjacket, PPC and endpapers (thereby giving you all the artwork if you buy both).
    On the regular unsigned edition, there will be four pieces of Vinny Chong’s stunning artwork. On the deluxe slipcased and traycased editions, there will be five pieces plus a set of seven cards bearing all of the Vinny Chong artwork.
    Order page says only 500 unsigned...

EDITIONS
    a 500-copy unsigned trade edition priced at just £35 and housed in a plain material slipcase, split between alternative dustjacket, PPC and endpapers (thereby giving you all the artwork if you buy both).

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went for the signed S/L. Cool...

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

No link for s/l. Did it really sell out that fast?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/20th-c...kly_newsletter

Yes no link to the 200 S/L, it's not listed on the search on the website either.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/20th-c...kly_newsletter

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's the same link as the unsigned version. The drop down is Trade with Cinema Cover, Trade with Cape Cover, and Signed with Illustraded
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    It's the same link as the unsigned version. The drop down is Trade with Cinema Cover, Trade with Cape Cover, and Signed with Illustraded
    Thanks, I see now!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered the S/L. I asked to match the number to my original s/l of 200. Also both unsigned versions. Seems a slight misunderstanding of the total number. One place says 974 the other says 500. Also, it says signed by Pete Von Sholley and Stephen Jones in one place and unsigned in another on the trade edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, just emptied out my Paypal account for the S/L. I don't have any of his other S/Ls, so I had to get this one! Now, the waiting begins...

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Ordered the Signed LImited edition.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went for the S/L too. Lettered edition was tempting, but can't justify the cost at the moment.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I am not a fan of anniversary editions so i will pass....

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I went for the S/L too. Lettered edition was tempting, but can't justify the cost at the moment.
    What wolfehr said

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Do we really need TWO TRADE editions? Wtf.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Yep, just emptied out my Paypal account for the S/L. I don't have any of his other S/Ls, so I had to get this one! Now, the waiting begins...
    Dez, do you need a S/L Horns? I'd be interested in trading it for a couple of 1st editions from other authors on my want list. PM me for details if you're interested!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just figured I'd ask, what does PPC stand for?

Great art for the covers. I'm happy with the theater one for the trade cover, it looks beautiful. Just ordered mine.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 332 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 ... LastLast