Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 332 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Do you have a books a million ner you? They've had Horns in their bargain section.
    No. Please grab me two perfect copies.
    This may not be the case with your local books a million but all of the horns copies I have seen around here have the big black sharpie mark to the page edges!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a remainder mark, unfortunately it ruins the collectability of it. But yes, Horns was great, read it.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually don't own an unsigned copy. My copies are all signed. All of my Joe Hill is signed with maybe the exception of the comics. I do have a ton of the comics signed too but all of my books are signed. Joe is just to easy to get things signed. It never occurred to me that an unsigned copy might actually be worth more. HMMMM.
    You never know.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    It's a remainder mark, unfortunately it ruins the collectability of it. But yes, Horns was great, read it.
    I know, I tried to fight the system when I worked at Books - A - Million and boarders and would forget to mark them but sometimes they came into the store already marked. I seem to remember Heart shaped box arrive with the remainder marks already on them!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

J/w does Joe Hill do book tours like this whenever he has a new book out or is it an on/off thing?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He did big tours for Heart Shaped Box and Horns. He did some signings for 20th Century Ghosts, but I believe they were on the East Coast.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All my copies of Horns are signed as well.
    Sorry Jerome.

Karl

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to the signing in Boston last night. It was lots of fun. I'll have to post some pics when I get back home.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my tipped-in signed copy of NOS4A2. I was a little surprised the pages had beveled edges. Did anyone else end up with a copy like that?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the term is "deckled". That's how all the trade 1st editions of NOS4A2 are.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Just got my tipped-in signed copy of NOS4A2. I was a little surprised the pages had beveled edges. Did anyone else end up with a copy like that?
    All copies have the deckle edge - the signed and the trade

EDIT: RF beat me by like 30 seconds :-)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the term is "deckled". That's how all the trade 1st editions of NOS4A2 are.
    I stand corrected. OK, good to know. Thanks!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Advanced Reader's Edition has those as well.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, for those that read the Advance copy, the trade 1st has pages after the ARC ending.
    There is an Acknowledgement-both "Nice" and "Naughty", as well as a lengthy note on the Type used for the book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't going to get a trade edition since I have both the ARC editions, but it looks like I'll have to pick one up.

Maybe I'll wait until the furor dies down and get one off eBay.

John

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got two signed - one signed & dated...and one personalized/signed/dated. Only just now compared them and imagine my surprise when I realized I got a sorta-doodle afterall (the blood on Santa's mouth):

Yep, that's the term.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

New Stuff........

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Advanced Reader's Edition has those as well.
    The actual Advance Reader's Edition does have them, but the "manuscript" proof/ARC does not--it is smoothly cut.

John

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yep, that's the term.

Brian

Deckled sounds like it should mean = tickled roughly to the point of inducing pain.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

To me it sounds like it should mean being decked in the head repeatedly by someone who isnt very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Deckled sounds like it should mean = tickled roughly to the point of inducing pain.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol,
    it would take weeks to deckle someone to death.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Would get brain damage way before death. In fact not sure death is possible with a deckleing

Heres where Crow Man tells us to get back on topic...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Prior to the 19th century, the deckle edge was unavoidable, a natural artifact of the paper making process in which sheets of paper were made individually on a deckle. The deckle could not make a perfect seal against the screen at the edges and the paper slurry would seep under creating a rough edge to the paper.The deckle edge could be trimmed off, but this extra step would add to the cost of the book. Beginning in the early 1800s with the invention of the Fourdrinier machine, paper was produced in long rolls and the deckle edge became mostly obsolete: although there was some deckle on the ends of the rolls, it was cut off, and the individual sheets cut out from the roll would have no deckle in any case.

With the appearance of smooth edges in the 19th century, the deckle edge slowly emerged as a status symbol. Many 19th century presses advertised two versions of the same book with a smooth and a higher priced deckle version, it suggested the book was made with higher quality paper, or more refined methods. This tradition carried forward into the 20th and 21st centuries. Today modern deckle is created by a purpose-built machine to create the appearance of a true deckle edge by cutting a smooth edge into patterns. Many modern readers are unfamiliar with the deckle edge and may see it as a defect; for example, Amazon.com has left notes to buyers that the deckle is not a flaw in the product."

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Eric! Very interesting and informative.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 332 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast