Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 332 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Having trouble finding an unsigned copy. Nothing at Walmart. Half Price Books only has signed copies (I grabbed two. It was difficult to not just by all of them since they are less than list price). I will try Target shortly.
    I wish I had that complaint for some other authors!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe's panoramic
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a great event guys ! thanks for the photos Becca

One day....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We need more pics!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having trouble finding an unsigned copy. Nothing at Walmart. Half Price Books only has signed copies (I grabbed two. It was difficult to not just by all of them since they are less than list price). I will try Target shortly.
    There are plenty around here if you can't find one. Let me know and I'd be glad to ship you one!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    There are plenty around here if you can't find one. Let me know and I'd be glad to ship you one!
    I found some at Target. Once I realized the signed and unsigned were the same price, I decided not to buy an unsigned.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

I will seriously play the hell out of a kazoo, js. Very excited to meet some members at the Petaluma event in a few short days! Also dragging my brother along, well not dragging he's very excited lol. Surprisingly he's never read a Joe hill book but he is a huge King fan! And he swears the dark tower changed his life. I have never wanted a kazoo so badly in my life.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    I will seriously play the hell out of a kazoo, js. Very excited to meet some members at the Petaluma event in a few short days! Also dragging my brother along, well not dragging he's very excited lol. Surprisingly he's never read a Joe hill book but he is a huge King fan! And he swears the dark tower changed his life. I have never wanted a kazoo so badly in my life.
    I have a few cool surprises for dt.org attendees.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

CANT WAIT! *needs to calm the ef down now* *takes another sip of beer*

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

May 22, 2016 Joe Hill in Iowa City, Iowa. Prairie Lights and Coralville library hosted Joe Hill. About 70-80 people in attendance. He read from his book, sang two songs (gave out 3 kazoos) answered about 5-6 questions and then signed books for 50 minutes! I now have all my books signed by Joe Hill. All my ARCS, 1st editions paperbook US AND UK, he doodles in POP ART. Ghosts, and my heart shaped box! I have to get my wife to post the picture, he was cracking himself up!

He doesn't know what to doodle in fireman, but he happily put flames on one and dated all the fireman books (arcs). I believe there were only two collectors there. I had 4 people and 20 Books and waited at the end of the line as instructed. he was happy to sign everything and then we talked for about 5 -10 minutes about his next book, collecting, history, etc...

His next book is another short story/novella collection coming out NEXT Year!

He is excited about the CD publication coming out and stated that one of the stories is Locke and Key related. IE... In the world of Locke and Key. His words and he said I could post it here.

Great Event! Can you imagine if SK would sign 20 books!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    May 22, 2016 Joe Hill in Iowa City, Iowa. Prairie Lights and Coralville library hosted Joe Hill. About 70-80 people in attendance. He read from his book, sang two songs (gave out 3 kazoos) answered about 5-6 questions and then signed books for 50 minutes! I now have all my books signed by Joe Hill. All my ARCS, 1st editions paperbook US AND UK, he doodles in POP ART. Ghosts, and my heart shaped box! I have to get my wife to post the picture, he was cracking himself up!

He doesn't know what to doodle in fireman, but he happily put flames on one and dated all the fireman books (arcs). I believe there were only two collectors there. I had 4 people and 20 Books and waited at the end of the line as instructed. he was happy to sign everything and then we talked for about 5 -10 minutes about his next book, collecting, history, etc...

His next book is another short story/novella collection coming out NEXT Year!

He is excited about the CD publication coming out and stated that one of the stories is Locke and Key related. IE... In the world of Locke and Key. His words and he said I could post it here.

Great Event! Can you imagine if SK would sign 20 books!
    That's great! I saw mention on twitter of the new book and would love to hear whatever you can share!

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone get an extra signed ARC they are wanting to sell?

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are a few photos from the NYC event at the Strand. I had a blast and am looking forward to this Friday in Petaluma!

The Kazoo Krew

Joe and I (How about the book behind Joe’s left shoulder )

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I only noticed this now. On the copyright page it lists the various US editions. I think I may break with tradition here and not get all of these. Interesting how they assigned different ISBN's for each one.

Received my Books-A-Million signed edition today. I also have the signed edition that was sold at Powell's books. The books appear to be identical with two exceptions. The Powell's copy has the signature sheet in upside down and has the ISBN of the hardcover. The BAM copy has the signature sheet in correctly and has the ISBN of the Books-A-Million signed edition. Both ISBNs are printed on the dust jacket so multiple dust jackets have been printed for this book.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I got my copy from B&N and they might as well have just slapped the shipping label directly on the dust jacket for as minimal amount of packaging they use. Honestly I think a bubblewrap envelope may have been better. But since it is so beat up, I will use it as a reading copy.

For the folks that got theirs from BAM, how is their packing jobs?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My BAM copy was damaged. Torn DJ. Some slight damage to spine. Was in a box with brown paper stuffed around the book as padding. No luck getting it resolved with customer service. Will have to check spam folder in case their response got caught there. Too late anyway because they're sold out of the signed copies.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I got my copy from B&N and they might as well have just slapped the shipping label directly on the dust jacket for as minimal amount of packaging they use. Honestly I think a bubblewrap envelope may have been better. But since it is so beat up, I will use it as a reading copy.

For the folks that got theirs from BAM, how is their packing jobs?
    My BAM copy arrived with slight wear on the dust jacket due to only being packed with brown paper.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sounds like BAM wasn't much better than B&N. I wish they had the option of In-store pickup with these signed pre-orders. B&N packaging didn't even have the brown paper. It was simply thin cardboard wrapped tightly around the book with nothing in between.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had the same problem with my B&N book. Book was beat to hell during shipment, but I had bought it just for a reading copy. I am still waiting on my signed copy from Waterstreet Books. Hopefully that will be packaged better!

Had the same problem with my B&N book. Book was beat to hell during shipment, but I had bought it just for a reading copy. I am still waiting on my signed copy from Waterstreet Books. Hopefully that will be packaged better!
    Mine (from Water Street) came in a small box (nearly the exact height of the book) with a little bit of bubble wrap.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I ordered mine from Water Street. It was packaged well, and no damages to the outside. I am slightly bummed though because on the page he signed there's a small scuff/slight tear on the page. Good thing I'm not a collector and it's just for me, but still annoying though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Also, love all the photos. Looks like everyone had a fun time. I didn't get to go see him this time around. Hopefully next time he'll come a little closer.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I just called Waterstreet and for some reason, they forgot to ship mine. The lady was super-nice though and said she'd get it out today after apologizing profusely. I do love dealing with small businesses!

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just called Waterstreet and for some reason, they forgot to ship mine. The lady was super-nice though and said she'd get it out today after apologizing profusely. I do love dealing with small businesses!
    They're great folks there at Water Street. I've bought from them quite a few times in the past.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

My signed (on tipped in sheet- correctly right side up) copy from Barnes & Noble arrived in pretty good shape- considering the Throw In Oversize Box With No Padding packing method. Crimped DJ that a brodart pretty much "fixed" and no real book damage, fortunately. I can't say the same for the 2 Master volumes of Locke & Key I got the week before. These are very heavy books with literally zero packing materials. Just sliding around in an oversize box. To the best of my knowledge, they won't pay for return shipping..?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 332 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast