+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 332 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    What is The Saved signed and limited #61 out of 200 HB worth in your expert opinions? PS Publishing 2007 copyright date I think.

I paid $100...is that a good deal? thx
    THis is my own opinion...
    I think that Joe's stuff on ebay at the moment is running a little high.
    Recently, Ive found a couple of good deals at ABE and Biblio.
    Personally I believe that it's coming off the heels of the publication of "Horns." When that dies down, the prices will drop back down.
    Thats true.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    What is The Saved signed and limited #61 out of 200 HB worth in your expert opinions? PS Publishing 2007 copyright date I think.

I paid $100...is that a good deal? thx
    Curt, you should ask if it WOULD be a good deal....as opposed to asking after you've spent the money...haha...

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default :P

I know, huh?! hahaha! I need help. hahaha!

I feel like I have to jump on it b/c it will most certainly be gone if I wait even one minute! doh!

I'm just missing the 1st/1st Salem's lot (thought I got a signed BCE which is cool!) and it looks like I'm still missing the Rage 1st/1st and then I have a complete set of 1st/1st...at least I think I do. Lots of cool limited stuff and pretty much all of Joe Hills stuff too.

sigh..I hate to admit it, but I also now have signed with comments, Locke and Key 1 and 2 in HB form with the flyer from event where Joe signed them and also one of the "keys" #6/500 with the pouch and signature card. I mean...it was another whole day and I hadn't added more expenses to my credit card yet.

Oh...and David..I will mail the check for the Salem's Lot prints tomorrow. Can't wait to add those to my Centipede Press Salem's lot....woot!

I wash windows and mow lawns if you live in Seattle. I need money.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I have just received the slipcased PS version of Horns. Can anyone tell me what the special extra was received with the traycased edition?

Also, in the bonus material Joe says he writes about The Fear Tree at length elsewhere. Does anyone know where he wrote this?

Thanks

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the discussion about adding the Specially Bound Signed First Edition of HORNS to the list of officially signed books:

Fine by me!

EDIT: Added entry to first post.

Curt, only because you asked:

I think that in general you could be saving money if you were a little more patient. But I understand the obsession and it's your dough, so have fun! I'm enjoying hearing about your quickly growing collection.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Curt -

I agree with Patrick about being patient. I myself have only been collecting for about 6 months. I have a list of books (based on all of the wonderful reading to be found here in the Corner) that I would like to acquire, and I've been getting them one at a time. I look at closed auctions and various online retailers to see what the price range is. I've had to let some books go for now since I can't afford to buy everything at once (my wife and kids have to come first). But I'm sure my opportunity for those missed books will come around again. Slow and steady wins the race. Besides, if I buy them all now, I won't have anything to look forward to. Just my two cents.

-Eric

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    I have just received the slipcased PS version of Horns. Can anyone tell me what the special extra was received with the traycased edition?

Also, in the bonus material Joe says he writes about The Fear Tree at length elsewhere. Does anyone know where he wrote this?

Thanks
    I have received the traycased edition but have not the slipcased edition yet.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im still waiting on my slipcased version too!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Extras in Traycased edition:

Plus one of the pieces of artwork in the book is not in the slipcased edition, but I don't know which one.

I do not have the slipcased edition. Which of these were or were not included in that edition?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm like a bad doctor....

no patients. (yes I know how to spell)

I can't help myself, I acquired another Joe Hill collectible.....

I went out today and I purchased Joe Hill, himself. Luckily I have Knowing Darkness and the Ray Bradbury book too, so Joe sits on the shelf next to them and fits perfectly as long as he dangles his feet off the edge.

He likes chocolate milk and pb 'n j sandwiches with no crusts it turns out.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad Doctor Curt, you did not say what you bought today.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Extras in Traycased edition:

Plus one of the pieces of artwork in the book is not in the slipcased edition, but I don't know which one.

I do not have the slipcased edition. Which of these were or were not included in that edition?
    The slipcased does not have the Surrealist's Glass chapter.
    Do you know where Joe discusses the Fear Tree at length?
    Thanks

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Rob over at ABNormal Books is selling a few copies of the Horns "Special Edition" signed from the publisher for $39 in case anyone was looking for a copy. Link below. He may have a few more than the three he has listed, so if there aren't any left, shoot him an email.

http://goo.gl/xo2z

rob@abnormalbooks.ccsend.com

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my slipcased Horn's this morning and will post pics later

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Just got an email from Sub Press about a new limited collection coming out that includes Joe...

-Joe Hill and Steven R. Boyett each turned in novelettes for Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2, which we should be announcing in the next month or so.
    Ayyyye! Does it ever end???

Ps. Joe also tweeted about it this morning

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Rob over at ABNormal Books is selling a few copies of the Horns "Special Edition" signed from the publisher for $39 in case anyone was looking for a copy. Link below. He may have a few more than the three he has listed, so if there aren't any left, shoot him an email.

http://goo.gl/xo2z

rob@abnormalbooks.ccsend.com

I have a Special edition copy that I'd sell for $35 +$5 S&H.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Slipcased Horns ...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks nice - can't wait for mine to get here

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

vj books still has the special bound horns for $29.99.

John F. Kennedy Roomtemp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Was somebody looking for a copy of the Thumbprint chapbook? I was going through the piles the other day trying to organize my ever expanding collection and realized I had 2 of them... So.. I thought someone had posted a request. Let me know if anyone need it.
    Looking at em all, Ive got a few doubles I could prob let go of or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Roomtemp View Post
    Was somebody looking for a copy of the Thumbprint chapbook? I was going through the piles the other day trying to organize my ever expanding collection and realized I had 2 of them... So.. I thought someone had posted a request. Let me know if anyone need it.
    I could use one....let me know how much.

I guess the recent volcano ash is screwing arround with people in the US getting stuff from the UK...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roomtemp View Post
    I posted a request some time ago. I'm still interested Just to be sure, we're talking about this version, right?

Update on Head Games from SubPress - looks like it may be coming soon!

Joe Hill, fresh off the exhausing tour for his dark enthralling new novel Horns, just lobbed a large stack of signature pages onto the stoop at SubPress's offices.

Next week we'll be giving Locke & Key: Head Games one final pass to make sure the script and graphic novel are both as we want them, and then it's off to the printer for this oversize volume.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i didn't realise that there was copies still available to buy so i have just ordered 1 of the signed limiteds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 332 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast