Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 332 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, that totally sucks!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Well - i am glad it went to someone good!

But damn me! I am such a dumb ass!!!!

Just so I have some mental comfort (if that even exists) but was your snipe below $620?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch!!!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it's like when you have shows saved on Tivo and you watch one, then go to delete it, but delete the next episode by mistake...haha...maybe not quite the same thing.

Anyway, that's the fun of ebay - winning when somebody else messes up...good job Pasiuk! haha...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I can't wait til tomorrow night to show you all my new Joe Hill "purchase"!
    It's going to be awsome!!

You will just have to wait!! LA LA LA
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry you missed them both, Kenny.

Congrats, Mike.

Karen, you are such a tease!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Dolan,
    Not bragging or rubbing it in, OK?? I have been in your spot before and was furious at myself for similar reasons. The final number can be misleading.
    I won the Voluntary Committal, but rest assured you did NOT miss by $5.00, my max bid was considerably higher as this was the one Hill Lettered I did not have. Call me foolish but I think this one is worth alot more (I just hardly ever see one at auction) - especially since it's an early one and there's only 26.
    ...and you would all call me foolish if ya knew what my max bid was

I'll keep an eye out for another one for ya, ---kyle.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Hey...I wouldn't cry a tear for Kenny...and if he's crying, whatta shame, he might have to wipe it off with his Obama-signed Dreams of My Father...Haha...we've all been on both sides of ebay battles so he'll be fine...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot understand people using "snipe". Just put in your highest bid and that's the end of it. No-one who was using a snipe has ever beaten me on a bid.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kenny
    to tell the truth, your bid would have won. I was over $455 but under $620.
    Not sure if it helps but....

A snipe has a lot less to do with winning the auction than trying to get it for the lowest price.

If you snipe something at the last second, nobody has time to big against you - meaning, win or lose, the final price will go up. Obviously, the snipe is your best possible bid.

If you put in a high bid long before the auction ends, it's true that you don't have to worry about it anymore, but all the last minute bidders will drive up the price on you.

John F. Kennedy Roomtemp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Dolan,sorry to hear that you didn't get the Thumbprint. I had thought we were in a recession. The three s/l went for alot more than I had expected. Congrats to everybody that got what they wanted.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kacod View Post
    Dolan,
    Not bragging or rubbing it in, OK?? I have been in your spot before and was furious at myself for similar reasons. The final number can be misleading.
    I won the Voluntary Committal, but rest assured you did NOT miss by $5.00, my max bid was considerably higher as this was the one Hill Lettered I did not have. Call me foolish but I think this one is worth alot more (I just hardly ever see one at auction) - especially since it's an early one and there's only 26.
    ...and you would all call me foolish if ya knew what my max bid was

I'll keep an eye out for another one for ya, ---kyle.
    Very much agree with you on that one, but $320 was the max i would have paid for VC. But the lettered VC is much rarer.

I really did want the Thumbprint - but ahhh, you WIN some, and you LOSE some... right? No tears - but i was pretty pissed at myself.

And Rahfa's theory on sniping bids are exactly why I use snipe.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

If you put in a high bid long before the auction ends, it's true that you don't have to worry about it anymore, but all the last minute bidders will drive up the price on you.
    ...and you always win.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I understand correctly, the snipe basically bids at the last second, leaving no time for even the automatic eBay bids to get in before the auction ends.

I guess its not so much winning, but winning at a lower price.

EDIT: I've never bothered with them myself, if I want something, I want it, and am not too concerned about price.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Muah ha ha ha ha

You still have to wait...la la la la
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Muah ha ha ha ha

You still have to wait...la la la la
    Geeeeeez......this feels like a Heinz ketchup commercial.

Anticipation (OK this is dating myself a little)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Geeeeeez......this feels like a Heinz ketchup commercial.

Anticipation (OK this is dating myself a little)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Not that dated, I remember those commercials...

Well, maybe that dates me too?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of us who hang around this forum are old enough to remember those.

My Mood
    Lurking

I remember them too...

here it is.....

Spoiler:

My birthday present!

Karen - BEAUTIFUL! Wow - whoever did that got a big fat kiss I hope! Amazing..!

So I like to think I am highly familiar with the Joe King collectibles world but I know nothing about this "The Saved" chapbook.

I have seen that there is a signed paperback at 200 copies and an unsigned hardcover at 500 copies.

Is this correct?

My Mood
    Lurking

I have one of the hardcovers...

And Kenny thanks!

I didn't kiss her..but I will go back to her for other tats!

John F. Kennedy Roomtemp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds about right...

There seem to be a fair few pc copies floating around also. I have a couple of the unsigned ones.... But no signed ones .... Yet.

So the 500 hardcover are unsigned right?

Interesting that the paperback would get signed and not the hardcover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 332 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast