Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 332 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Alex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Subterranean Press - 50% Off In-Print Books for the next 24 Hours

http://subterraneanpress.com/news/50..._next_24_hours
    Thanks for posting that - I was able to order a S/L of Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 for only $75. Another Hill signature for the collection

Thanks for the tip Eric,

without it I would not even know abot this book. The search for "Joe Hill" does not bring this title.
    Do you know any other SP anthologies with Joe Hill or Neil Gaiman work in it?

Ak
    I don't think there are any other in-print books. I know Joe sign Subterranean Magazine #2 in 2005 and The New Dead in 2010, but those are the only other Sub Press anthologies I know of. I don't have any Gaiman anthologies from Sub Press.
    As for Neil Gaiman - I missed on L/S edition, but the traid edition is still available http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...sible_monsters
    This anthology includes Neil Gaiman—Click-Clack the Rattlelebag

AK
    Forgot about that one - my S/L is on the way

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I couldn't show the same restraint since i already had the first 2...
    re·strain transitive verb \ri-ˈstrān\

a : to prevent from doing, exhibiting, or expressing something
    b : to limit, restrict, or keep under control

Not something us collectors know much about

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Restraining myself...
    Restrating...
    STILL RESTRAINING...

All done! Where is my credit card?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just an update, NOS4A2 is slated for September now. Part of me was hoping it would have come in at the end of the month but I guess that was overtly optimistic given that it's still at the printer.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

That's a bummer but very excited for it, especially after hearing Tabitha made Joe re-write the ending it will be cool to see that. I love the original ending.

Wish they were selling an art portfolio.

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean News--- Add a Remarque to Your Limited or Lettered Edition of Stephen King’s The Shining

If you have a copy of the Signed Limited or Lettered Edition of Stephen King's The Shining on order, we have the perfect way to make your copy unique.
    Vincent Chong has agreed to produce fifty large remarques that will be bound in The Shining. A remarque is an original drawing by the artist, in this case, on a special sheet to be bound into the book, which makes that copy of the book a unique collectible.
    By the time we send copies the author, and a few other folks, there will actually be fewer than fifty for sale, making these sketches true rarities.
    You can find examples of the three types of images Vinny plans on the product page.
    Please note: We are using a different printer for the Gift Edition of The Shining, so are not able to offer remarques in that edition.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...or_the_shining

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

U$S 250 for a remarque? Sorry...too rich for me.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not cheap!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Too expensive for me.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Now i feel guilty even for mentioning it
    I guess the rational is in limitation.
    CD charged $200 for Vincent rematque on Dr.Sleep, limited to 100 reqmarques. It was sold out quickly.
    So 50 remaques for $250? Does it make sense?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now i feel guilty even for mentioning it
    I guess the rational is in limitation.
    CD charged $200 for Vincent rematque on Dr.Sleep, limited to 100 reqmarques. It was sold out quickly.
    So 50 remaques for $250? Does it make sense?
    Don't feel guilty, it's not you setting the prices!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't feel guilty! It's a good thing you posted the news!

I'm posting some of my feedback about remarques in the remarques thread, so we don't go off topic here.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Too expensive... sorry, i should buy myself a money-printmachinery...

50 *250 US$ = 12500 US$. Good way to make money

Shoud start a carrier as book-illustrator, but i think, no one would pay one buck for my daubing ... hahaha

btw: noone mentioned, that this is the wrong thread for Dr- Sleeps-Remarque-hints???

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

From Larry Fire's blog:

"Gauntlet Press has announced that they will publish a signed limited edition of the acclaimed first novel of Owen King: Double Feature.

Owen will provide the bonus material for both the signed numbered and lettered editions (with some material appearing only in the lettered edition).

His brother Joe Hill will be doing the artwork for the tip-sheet for the book and will be signing only the 52-copy lettered edition.

The publisher will decide in the next two months if they can also offer the image as a print for those purchasing the lettered edition."

Country
    Country Flag

From Larry Fire's blog:

"Gauntlet Press has announced that they will publish a signed limited edition of the acclaimed first novel of Owen King: Double Feature.

Owen will provide the bonus material for both the signed numbered and lettered editions (with some material appearing only in the lettered edition).

His brother Joe Hill will be doing the artwork for the tip-sheet for the book and will be signing only the 52-copy lettered edition.

The publisher will decide in the next two months if they can also offer the image as a print for those purchasing the lettered edition."
    I tried to find more information about this on Gauntlet Press site - nothing. The site looks stale. Is it typical for Gauntlet Press?

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to find more information about this on Gauntlet Press site - nothing. The site looks stale. Is it typical for Gauntlet Press?
    Yeah, it isn't the best website. Sometime, when Barry runs specials, he asks you to "order" another book and in the comments put the name of the book you are ordering. But I am sure that once the book is up for sale, it will be clearly marked on the website. I've never had issues ordering from Gauntlet before.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to know. Thank you Eric!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Can't wait for this one. How much do people think the Lettered will go for?

I am on the hunt for a Sub Press limited edition of NOS4A2. Anyone got more than one copy coming?

Thanks

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

some news from IDW Publishing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Joe's twitter account ;
    "The novella "Wraith" that comes with the @subpress limited of NOS4A2, includes some of the same material as issue 1 of WRAITH."

So apparently the limited edition will have a novella, source of this comics?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe has said all along the the novella of Wraith will be exclusive to the limited edition of NOS4A2. He also has said that the comics are based off of the novella. He recently added that it was supposed to be 5 issues, but has grown to 7.

In other news, he also has mentioned that he will have a few one shots of Locke & Key over the next year. I know it's about finished and I've read through the 4th HC, so I'm not sure what he is doing with these. He didn't really specify. He also mentioned that for the next year he is focusing on writing prose and taking a break from comics. I guess time will tell.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to switch topics, I really wish that Joe would get working on Slave Girls of Gunpowder and the follow up novellas. I loved Gunpowder and can't wait to continue with the story - what a great follow-up title!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just to switch topics, I really wish that Joe would get working on Slave Girls of Gunpowder and the follow up novellas. I loved Gunpowder and can't wait to continue with the story - what a great follow-up title!
    I wish Joe had 48 hours in every day because I'd like him to have more time to write EVERYTHING.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a book review Hill wrote in the NY Times recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/bo...sha-pessl.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 332 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast