Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 332 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup I ordered the number edition as well. I doubt the book you are getting today is Head Games. The good news however is that it sounds like you are receiving a book today That is always a good thing,
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Possibly "The New Dead".
    Recived my s/l copy Friday.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Possibly "The New Dead".
    Well would you look at that... that's EXACTLY what it is! And I totally forgot about it! Gosh I'm only 28 and my mind is gone!

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Possibly "The New Dead".
    Well would you look at that... that's EXACTLY what it is! And I totally forgot about it! Gosh I'm only 28 and my mind is gone!
    I know that this is not related to the topic, but what was the issue price for "The New Dead"?

Thanks,
    Eric

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my Horns slipcased today. I already received the traycased edition. The slipcased arrived in great shape!!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric719691 View Post
    Possibly "The New Dead".
    I know that this is not related to the topic, but what was the issue price for "The New Dead"?

Thanks,
    Eric
    250 numbered copies @ $110 each. Here is the link to the site: http://goo.gl/UWTb

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Possibly "The New Dead".

Thanks,
    Eric
    250 numbered copies @ $110 each. Here is the link to the site: http://goo.gl/UWTb
    Thanks. I had already visited the site and was just wondering how much over the issue price I paid for mine. I bought the one on ebay for $165.00 so I am happy with what I paid.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love a copy of that book

Along the Path of the Beam texgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

I haven't gotten either state yet. I wonder if shipping is going from East to West or vice versa? I'm in the middle.

Oh well. Maybe today's the day.

Patrick - could we add this to the limited editions post on the first page of this thread?

"The New Dead" 250 numbered copies @ $110 each. Here is the link to the site: http://goo.gl/UWTb[/QUOTE]

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been largely off the board the past few days...

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Hi everyone on the Joe Hill Thread! I finally caved and am grabbing up Joe Hill stuff with my Stephen King obsession that I have discovered. Always read his books, just didn't collect them until recently....

I think I got a really good deal on this item, but feel free to let me know if I screwed up (it would be the norm for me to overpay...Grrrr!!!).

I did a search on the web and couldn't find it for less, so I pulled the trigger.

I paid $450 for the 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS limited edition? The one with only 200 produced! That's a good deal right?

Thanks for your input!!!
    Curt
    Curt, I was bidding on that auction as well. It is a book that I would very much like to add to my collection. I don't recall my top bid but I bowed out somewhere around $325 or so. With the proliferation of other Joe Hill signed (limited and trade) editions out there, this book is too high priced in my opinion. While the limitation number is low which drives up price, I'm guessing that a lot of copies are held by speculators rather than fans (not that those are mutually exclusive) who are looking for a huge payout.

Purely from the perspective of a Joe Hill fan though, I'm still jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Curt, your collection must be growing exponentially! You clearly got 'the bug' Personally, I would first make an inventory of the books I want to purchase, then take some time to investigate what the market values are (using eBays 'completed listings' option, The Collector's website, and asking for advice here before buying). I would also try to get a feel for how often a certain book comes up for sale. This will all help you decide whether or not to bid, and how much your max bid should be. Also, save yourself the trouble of bidding manually - use a sniping tool.

... just my two cents...
    I could not agree more (the part I bolded).

Personally I've never gotten around to using a snipe tool.

Possibly "The New Dead".
    Kenny, your mind is gone? Read this.

Possibly "The New Dead".

Thanks,
    Eric
    Thanks. I had already visited the site and was just wondering how much over the issue price I paid for mine. I bought the one on ebay for $165.00 so I am happy with what I paid.
    Back in mid-June 2009, Sub. Press offered it at presale for $100, as discussed back then in this thread. However the official price printed on the inside flap is $125. I would be happy with your $165 buy price.

Patrick - could we add this to the limited editions post on the first page of this thread?

"The New Dead" 250 numbered copies @ $110 each. Here is the link to the site: http://goo.gl/UWTb
    Good point. I edited and added it. I used the $125 price on the flap, what do you think?
    Last edited by Patrick; 04-13-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: comment on completed edit to limited edition list

*humm thought I replied to this.

Yes! The issue price is worth listing. I actually got my copy today. The address was off by 1 number and there was a bit of a debacle but I figured it out. #163.

Also - can someone tell me about this "Grave Tales?" Those are the only 2 in my Joe Hill collection that I am missing (and a lettered Voluntary Committal) but I seem to know nothing about them. Anyone have photos?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you got your book, Kenny.

Also - can someone tell me about this "Grave Tales?" Those are the only 2 in my Joe Hill collection that I am missing (and a lettered Voluntary Committal) but I seem to know nothing about them. Anyone have photos?
    Check this link, Issues #6 and #7 feature Joe Hill.

Issue #6 has been released in paper form.
    Issue #7 has not yet been released ("forthcoming").

I do not know whether either hardcover signed limited edition has been released.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Oh. Cemetary Dance. Enough said.

Thanks ;-)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Saved question....

What is The Saved signed and limited #61 out of 200 HB worth in your expert opinions? PS Publishing 2007 copyright date I think.

I paid $100...is that a good deal? thx

What is The Saved signed and limited #61 out of 200 HB worth in your expert opinions? PS Publishing 2007 copyright date I think.

Yes. That's about how much I would pay.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

THis is my own opinion...
    I think that Joe's stuff on ebay at the moment is running a little high.
    Recently, Ive found a couple of good deals at ABE and Biblio.

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post

THis is my own opinion...
    I think that Joe's stuff on ebay at the moment is running a little high.
    Recently, Ive found a couple of good deals at ABE and Biblio.
    Personally I believe that it's coming off the heels of the publication of "Horns." When that dies down, the prices will drop back down.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Curt! You seem to be getting at least one new book every day! looking forward to see pics of your collection. But dude, all I see you do is ask us if you paid a good price after getting a book. Why not ask first and save yourself some money?

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have an extra copy of the UK version of Horns, 20th Century Ghost, or Heart Shaped Box they'd be willing to sell? Extra SIGNED copy is even better
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    the "Special Bound" horns is a regular Trade HC with a sig sheet tipped in. There are 1180 copies sold as 118 cartons of 10 books.
    Should this be added to the list at the beginning of the thread? Although it technically isn't a s/l edition, it is limited somewhat and different from a regular flatsigned first edition.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    the "Special Bound" horns is a regular Trade HC with a sig sheet tipped in. There are 1180 copies sold as 118 cartons of 10 books.
    Should this be added to the list at the beginning of the thread? Although it technically isn't a s/l edition, it is limited somewhat and different from a regular flatsigned first edition.
    Hummm... that's a very good question. I don't know how I feel about it but it does say "special bound" edition so perhaps it does belong on the list. I say yes.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hummm... that's a very good question. I don't know how I feel about it but it does say "special bound" edition so perhaps it does belong on the list. I say yes.
    The ISBN and DJ are the same though. Would that cause a problem listing it as a separate edition? I think that it should probably be listed.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

The ISBN and DJ are the same though. Would that cause a problem listing it as a separate edition? I think that it should probably be listed.
    I don't think that should matter. It's another edition and now that I think about it, it should be listed just to make other collectors aware that it's out there.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick's (with everyone's input) decision.
    I don't know that we have two or three confirmations of the print run.
    My opinion is list it, with an asterisk notation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 332 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast