Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 332 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's discuss the Joe Hill market shall we?
    I collect him because I enjoy his writing as many of us do. Do I consider "investment" purposes when buying an S/L? Sure. However, concerning the investment with Hill I'm not so sure there is one. I fairly recently sold three of the higher end S/L's and did not even make my money back on any of them. They all sold for less than what I paid. Which makes me wonder if S/L's are needed with him since he signs everything under the sun anyway which I appreciate. Need a signed book? Call Waterstreet or hit him up on the road! On the other hand, I am looking forward to CD's S/L of Strange Weather because it will be an amazing production typical of CD. Will it's value appreciate though? I'm not so sure.
    I love the books and stories so I'm just throwing this out there to maybe get a little discussion going. This is a collectors forum after all

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe does have some very valuable editions out there but I agree, it's more about collecting Joe than investing. I personally don't look at any of my collection as an investment but as something I really enjoy doing. Hence probably why my collection isn't worth much to anyone but me lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Pretty much what Brian said. Short term value? Probably not much. Long term? Will have to wait and see. For me it is a pleasure in his writing with a dash of "hey, this is a collection I have a chance of actually completing someday" unlike someone else's I could mention.....
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Pretty much what Brian said. Short term value? Probably not much. Long term? Will have to wait and see. For me it is a pleasure in his writing with a dash of "hey, this is a collection I have a chance of actually completing someday" unlike someone else's I could mention.....
    No doubt, Chris!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fairly certain that everything I've purchased for my Joe Hill collection has appreciated in value since purchase.

Perhaps not as much as Steve's books, but I'm sure I haven't lost anything.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Looking at my Hill collection, I think the only things that might have appreciated significantly are the S/Ls that I bought direct from the publisher or on publication. I think there's a jump in the secondary market, but then pretty slow appreciation after that.

Anything I bought on the secondary market is probably worth about what I paid for it. Ditto for the signed trades.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I sold the UK NOS4A2 for above issue price but when you factor in the UK to Canada shipping and eBay fees, I broke even. I couldn't even get issue price for UK The Fireman.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Looking at my Hill collection, I think the only things that might have appreciated significantly are the S/Ls that I bought direct from the publisher or on publication. I think there's a jump in the secondary market, but then pretty slow appreciation after that.

Anything I bought on the secondary market is probably worth about what I paid for it. Ditto for the signed trades.

HBJ
    I'd agree with that, Peter. Some of the Locke & Key comics issues can be pretty pricy. I'm curious to see how the upcoming TV shows will affect values as it might turn on a whole different group of folks to Joe. But I'm sure a ton of people wouldn't jump up and all the sudden get the collecting bug.

I'm sure CD's upcoming S/L will appreciate over time. It looks to be an awesome production.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I sold the UK NOS4A2 for above issue price but when you factor in the UK to Canada shipping and eBay fees, I broke even. I couldn't even get issue price for UK The Fireman.
    I purchased a 1st/1st UK NOS4A2 above issue price and it wasn't an easy book for me to find. Most seemed to be selling 1st/2nd.

The Fireman just wasn't a very good book. I think I got the PS edition for half off the issue price about a year after publication.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those who are not subscribed to my newsletter, here’s some exciting news. Please note that this information is unconfirmed by the publisher(s) and subject to change.
    In a recent interview with a Polish magazine, Joe revealed a bit of info about his upcoming projects.
    First up is a new short story collection, titled Full Throttle planned for a late 2019 release. This is followed by a new novel for 2020, tentatively titled Up The Chimney Down.
    Again, this is all unconfirmed, but I expect we’ll be seeing more info in the months to come.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A short story collection would be great. I love his shorter work way more than his novels.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    For those who are not subscribed to my newsletter, here’s some exciting news. Please note that this information is unconfirmed by the publisher(s) and subject to change.
    In a recent interview with a Polish magazine, Joe revealed a bit of info about his upcoming projects.
    First up is a new short story collection, titled Full Throttle planned for a late 2019 release. This is followed by a new novel for 2020, tentatively titled Up The Chimney Down.
    Again, this is all unconfirmed, but I expect we’ll be seeing more info in the months to come.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the share, Marco! Looking forward to these.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing. I also think his shorter works is where he shines (but I DID love NOS4A2). Hope the collection will include his collaborations with SK.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interest in a s/l IDW Nos4a2?

If so I have one in Fine condition for sale.

PM if interested.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Joe's latest newsletter mentions that he will be in London in October.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting conversation, thanks for the replies everyone. What a tangled collecting web we weave.
    On that note, what do you suppose the following might be valued at:

Pop Art chapbook 1/150 signed
    The Saved chapbook signed
    Thumbprint chapbook unsigned.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn’t be surprised if Joe’s coming to the UK for GollanczFest which is usually held at the end of October/beginning of November.

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Joe's latest newsletter mentions that he will be in London in October.

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

In the interview mentioned in Joe’s most recent newsletter, he mentions a 10 story collection which is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    A short story collection would be great. I love his shorter work way more than his novels.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

NOS4A2 casting news:
    New Spock is Charlie Manx
    Zachary Quinto
    Vic is
    Ashleigh Cummings

Pretty good casting but troubling news is that it's being sold as multiple seasons...uggh.
    I will say that AMC is doing a better job with The Preacher this year. But a Terror-like adaptation would have been way more interesting.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    NOS4A2 casting news:
    New Spock is Charlie Manx
    Zachary Quinto
    Vic is
    Ashleigh Cummings

Pretty good casting but troubling news is that it's being sold as multiple seasons...uggh.
    I will say that AMC is doing a better job with The Preacher this year. But a Terror-like adaptation would have been way more interesting.
    Quinto plays a pretty good bad dude.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Zachary Quinto is great at playing creepy characters but I was kind of hoping for Walton Goggins. That would have been perfect casting in my opinion.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Zachary Quinto is great at playing creepy characters but I was kind of hoping for Walton Goggins. That would have been perfect casting in my opinion.
    Agreed. He would have been an excellent choice as well. He was outstanding in Justified. His best to date IMO.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 Joe Hill IDW Lettered $575

F&F Plus Shipping
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

For Sale :

$350 Shipped (PP gift)

Nos4a2
    Subterranean Press Signed Limited Edition
    With slipcase from Subterranean Press
    Book and slipcase in Fine condition.

I'll also throw in a Nos4a2 license plate and the Skelton Candy Cane "Key".

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on the current value of:

Heart Shaped Box - Subterranean Press Signed Limited with extra content (limited to 200 copies) 1st printing.

Thanking you in advance.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on the current value of:

Heart Shaped Box - Subterranean Press Signed Limited with extra content (limited to 200 copies) 1st printing.

Thanking you in advance.
    I believe I paid $300 for mine, Jon. But that might have been a friend price since that's who I purchased it from.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 332 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 ... LastLast