Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 332 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mark211219 View Post
    Yes, they are! I'm excited for future releases as well. Weirdly feels like feeding an addiction, I'd better pace myself!
    Well you hit a couple hone runs at your first at bat. One was a book that sold out in 22 minutes and the other is the first in a gorgeous series. Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just now dipping my toe into the world of collecting and I've missed everything! To make up and get started, I've pre-ordered 20th Century Ghosts from Letterpress and The Lottery from Suntup. I'm so excited!
    That’s an awesome start of any book collection! Welcome to the wonderful world of book collecting! Beware, it can get quite expensive
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    I'm just now dipping my toe into the world of collecting and I've missed everything! To make up and get started, I've pre-ordered 20th Century Ghosts from Letterpress and The Lottery from Suntup. I'm so excited!
    That’s an awesome start of any book collection! Welcome to the wonderful world of book collecting! Beware, it can get quite expensive
    Mark (and anyone else new here)
    You mentioned you like Joe Hill:

Check out Marco's website on Joe Hill. Invaluable if you want to start collecting him.
    http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Traveler mark211219 will become famous soon enough mark211219 will become famous soon enough mark211219's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's a great reference site! It's been bookmarked, thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Check out Marco's website on Joe Hill. Invaluable if you want to start collecting him.

Thanks for the shout out!
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Any release date?
    I believe there was going to be a sufficient delay due to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

An excellent place to start out! And down the rabbit hole he goes....

As a new collector, take some time to focus on what you really want to collect. It'll save ya some money and heartache in the long run. Suntup and LPP are sound investments for sure.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Yes, they are! I'm excited for future releases as well. Weirdly feels like feeding an addiction, I'd better pace myself!
    Thank you for ordering 20th Century Ghosts!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

If you're looking for more Suntup books: I'm selling my collection and still have a few books available. Take a look here and drop me a message if you're interested in any of the titles. I'd be happy to work out a deal.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    As a new collector, take some time to focus on what you really want to collect. It'll save ya some money and heartache in the long run. Suntup and LPP are sound investments for sure.
    This. Absolutely, this.

Particularly with an author like Joe Hill, who has a lot of signed and/or limited editions, in different genres and formats. Unless you want to be a completist, you should start making decisions about what you *won't* collect, and what you'll most want to have on your shelf in 5 years.

Having said that, Letterpress 20th Century Ghosts, and Suntup's Lottery are fine editions to start with. Congratulations!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    This. Absolutely, this.

Particularly with an author like Joe Hill, who has a lot of signed and/or limited editions, in different genres and formats. Unless you want to be a completist, you should start making decisions about what you *won't* collect, and what you'll most want to have on your shelf in 5 years.

Having said that, Letterpress 20th Century Ghosts, and Suntup's Lottery are fine editions to start with. Congratulations!

HBJ
    My 2 cents - don’t collect for “investment”. In an economic downturn (line right now) people aren’t paying market prices for books.

Traveler mark211219 will become famous soon enough mark211219 will become famous soon enough mark211219's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the all the tips for this fledgling collector.
    I've been looking at my favorites from my shelves and making a short wish list first to pace myself so the lady doesn't kill me when she looks at the bank statements.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    This. Absolutely, this.

HBJ
    My 2 cents - don’t collect for “investment”. In an economic downturn (line right now) people aren’t paying market prices for books.
    I'll agree with Nick here and perhaps investment was the wrong word. Choice may have been a better word. I collect what I like and think little about what it'll return down the road. Before the virus, I did get pretty good returns on a few Suntup sales however.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

For sale: Locke & Key Artist Portfolio with art by Gabriel Rodriguez.
    PM me if interested.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

This. Absolutely, this.

HBJ
    I completely agree. When I referred to “books you would want on your shelves in five years”, I didn’t mean from an investment standpoint, I meant from the viewpoint of whether you would still want that book in five years.

There are a lot of pretty and well made books out there, and it’s easy to get caught up in the thrill of the chase. But you can end up with a lot of books on your shelves that you don’t care about after that purchase is made. Focus on the authors, titles or publishers that speak to you.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

This. Absolutely, this.

HBJ
    I completely agree. When I referred to “books you would want on your shelves in five years”, I didn’t mean from an investment standpoint, I meant from the viewpoint of whether you would still want that book in five years.

There are a lot of pretty and well made books out there, and it’s easy to get caught up in the thrill of the chase. But you can end up with a lot of books on your shelves that you don’t care about after that purchase is made. Focus on the authors, titles or publishers that speak to you.
    I completely agree. If you don’t have a focus then you’ll just chase down everything. Unless you have unlimited money and shelf space you’ll be forced to focus sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Hey I mostly have been collecting king so far so I’m not too familiar with hill limiteds but after reading NOS4A2 I decided I really would like a limited of this book. Any opinions out there on which limited you all like better. The Subterranean press or the IDW edition?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Hey I mostly have been collecting king so far so I’m not too familiar with hill limiteds but after reading NOS4A2 I decided I really would like a limited of this book. Any opinions out there on which limited you all like better. The Subterranean press or the IDW edition?
    I'm partial to the IDW edition as I like the feel of the DJ and it includes the prequel, Wraith.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I like them both.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I like them both.
    Of course I have both lol.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have the IDW edition but I do want to get the Sub Press also.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have the Subpress one but will get the IDW one someday
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is safe to say the Sub Press edition is the more "desirable" among collectors. Lower print run and better construction from what I remember. Keep in mind Slipcase did not come as issued though.
    I do not have the Sub Press anymore but here is some pics of my IDW (including DJ texture Brian mentioned) and details on Sub Press edition. Hope it helps.

IDW:
    Limited to 999 copies

Limited-edition, custom-designed*slipcase

Mounted signature page signed by author*Joe Hill*and*C.P. Wilson III,*also includes a small head sketch from the artist

Full-color dust jacket and a newly illustrated map of Christmasland featured as the end pages

Debossed cloth cover

SUB PRESS:
    The Limited edition of NOS4A2 will be oversize, printed on 80# Finch, with an unpublished novella, “Wraith,” that was cut from the original manuscript. It also includes an alternate ending to the novel, as well as illustrations, in both black and white and color, by Hill’s long-term collaborator on the award-winning comic, Locke & Key, Gabriel Rodriguez.

Signed by artist and Hill. Limited to 750

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys. Appreciate the opinions. I think that IDW edition just looks really sharp. Just snagged a copy from Camelot.

On a completely different note I’m planning on reading another joe hill book next and thought the fireman looked really interesting. But I’m reading a lot of comments saying that it’s their least favorite book of his. You all feel the same?

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Even though it isn't his best novel, I enjoyed The Fireman.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks guys. Appreciate the opinions. I think that IDW edition just looks really sharp. Just snagged a copy from Camelot.

On a completely different note I’m planning on reading another joe hill book next and thought the fireman looked really interesting. But I’m reading a lot of comments saying that it’s their least favorite book of his. You all feel the same?
    Great grab - I think the SubPress edition is nice for sure but the IDW edition did it more justice I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 332 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast