Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 332 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Wow great thanks...is there color illustrations?
    thats golancz publisher right?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Darkman, regarding HEART-SHAPED BOX:

Here are some photos of my copy. I like it and wouldn't hesitate to purchase one if I didn't already own it.

In the two subsequent posts in that link to my collection thread, you can see:

The Sub Press edition. Although mine is, as clearly marked, the second printing, it will give you the idea.

Below that is the Trade Edition.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Always the best info here (really nice collection BTW)
    That black house S/L is on my serious short list as well as soon as I get some $$$

So the Golanz does NOT (?) have illustrations but subterranean does right?
    But subterranean is a later reprint in theory correct?

What is real first? S/L Golantz UK or Morrow US trade?
    I assume Morrow but you never know...?

I have 3 Morrow US trade editions and could spare one for cost if anyone needs?

Thanks very much Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Darkman, regarding HEART-SHAPED BOX:

Here are some photos of my copy. I like it and wouldn't hesitate to purchase one if I didn't already own it.

In the two subsequent posts in that link to my collection thread, you can see:

The Sub Press edition. Although mine is, as clearly marked, the second printing, it will give you the idea.

Below that is the Trade Edition.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Got these back from Joe Hill yesterday:
    (FYI, Joe has been very busy so if you send a book(s) to him for a signature, be patient and prepared to wait a bit. Mine took almost 5 months to be returned.)
    He did write me a note apologizing for the delay.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those signatures are VERY nice! I didn't know he accepted books to sign like that. Is there a protocol for sending books posted on his website somewhere? I have a couple of chap books I'd like signed!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I want your gunpowder! Le Sigh
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Darkman, very good questions up there... I'm not certain of the answers. I thought the Sub. Press 1st edition of HSB would be the true first, but I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable to clarify.

Very nice autographed books, Jerome. Does he still personalize, or did you ask him not to?

OK so I found out that the subterranean was in fact the true first at it was published as an "advance" version. It looks like the second printing of it is in fact previous to the trades as well but not 100% sure.....wilkepedia even does not say what comes first after that because it focuses on the "hype" as you called it, around these editions selling out so fast..

I just bought the UK s/l because it looks like a very nice book to have and I'm thinking the SUB one is probably hard to come by and a million dollars now???

TOTAL WRONG INFO....SORRY

The Morrow came out 2 months before SUB...

Still dont know when the UK fits in but somebody find out please...i'm getting a headache from arguing with myself here so I will go fishing now..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    OK so I found out that the subterranean was in fact the true first at it was published as an "advance" version. It looks like the second printing of it is in fact previous to the trades as well but not 100% sure.....wilkepedia even does not say what comes first after that because it focuses on the "hype" as you called it, around these editions selling out so fast..

I just bought the UK s/l because it looks like a very nice book to have and I'm thinking the SUB one is probably hard to come by and a million dollars now???

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    I didn't know he accepted books to sign like that. Is there a protocol for sending books posted on his website somewhere?
    Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well; I didn't know he accepted books through the mail. Believe me, I've tried searching--unsuccessfully--for a mailing address.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    I didn't know he accepted books to sign like that. Is there a protocol for sending books posted on his website somewhere?
    Yes, I would like to know the answer to this as well; I didn't know he accepted books through the mail. Believe me, I've tried searching--unsuccessfully--for a mailing address.
    There are a few of us who do have his mailing address. Years ago he used to just give it out. I am sure that has changed now. Check over at his website. www.joehillfiction.com

Do be careful though. A year or more back I sent Joe an ARC of 20th Century Ghosts and I never got it back. I believe it never made it to him. I even included a check for him to address to a charity of his chosing. Check went undeposited.

Don't send anything really valuable...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've checked his site (and message board) over the months but have been unable to find anything regarding signings through the mail.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The protocol for having Joe Hill sign something is to check with his webmaster Shane at
    http://joehillfiction.com/
    go to the Message board (you may have to sign up) and PM him.
    http://joehillfiction.informe.com/forum/member120.html
    The address is in this thread, but it was mentioned many months ago, and I would hate for someone to send him something and either have it sent back, or expect it in a few weeks (perhaps for Christmas) and be disappointed.
    Additionally, even if Shane says go ahead, be VERY patient. Mine took several months.

Patrick-I didn't even bother asking for personalization-I am sure he would do so, I didn't ask for the little artwork, but Joe doodled.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Joe likes to doodle! And I was nice enough to not run him over this morning, so, he will live to sign more books!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Joe likes to doodle! And I was nice enough to not run him over this morning, so, he will live to sign more books!
    Please drive carefully.
    Collecting depends on you.

My Mood
    Lurking

HE HE HE There was a crossing guard...he felt safe to walk across the street! HE HE HE

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, you are a great humanitarian.

My Mood
    Lurking

I do my best

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to mention that if Shane says send a book to Joe Hill, you need to enclose a pre-printed, prepaid, adhesive return label.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome. I thought of e-mailing the webmaster, but in other times like this, the webmaster turns out to not be affiliated with the site's owner in any way.

Now I know to try this one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Webmaster wasn't the best choice of words on my part. Shane is the Administrator for Joe Hill's Message Board.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jerome!

Here's my newest little treasure:

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Lurking

Nice Key Brice!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Webmaster wasn't the best choice of words on my part. Shane is the Administrator for Joe Hill's Message Board.
    Ah, now that clears things up a bit.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 332 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast