Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 332 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 328 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is cool!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Love this! This is a really neat idea! Vinyl is making such a big comeback these days and I've jumped on the soundtrack bandwagon so I'm glad to have a turntable for this. (Never thought I'd say that again when tapes became available waaaay back when. Totally dating myself here ) bye the bye, the first record I ever owned as a wee lass was Thriller. Ah, memories. But I digress.
    Hopefully pre orders will be up soon.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Love this! This is a really neat idea! Vinyl is making such a big comeback these days and I've jumped on the soundtrack bandwagon so I'm glad to have a turntable for this. (Never thought I'd say that again when tapes became available waaaay back when. Totally dating myself here ) bye the bye, the first record I ever owned as a wee lass was Thriller. Ah, memories. But I digress.
    Tapes? I remember 8-track tapes too. Enter Bruce with a pic of a reel-to-reel.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Maybe silent films too....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Cassette Tapes are now a thing again as well.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Retro is all the rage, Kiddies.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The snake is eating itself.
    Again.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THE FIREMAN, limited edition by PS Publihing, defect product (Less than perfect slipcase)for Ł30 + Ł5 shipping, instead of Ł70+
    > http://pspublishing2.com/the-fireman...fect-817-p.asp

Also available, CD's magazine the Joe Hill issue, for Ł20 instead of Ł60
    > http://pspublishing2.com/cemetery-da...ssue-942-p.asp
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    THE FIREMAN, limited edition by PS Publihing, defect product (Less than perfect slipcase)for Ł30 + Ł5 shipping, instead of Ł70+
    > http://pspublishing2.com/the-fireman...fect-817-p.asp

Also available, CD's magazine the Joe Hill issue, for Ł20 instead of Ł60
    > http://pspublishing2.com/cemetery-da...ssue-942-p.asp
    I wonder if the "defect" tag is just a way to unload unsold books without alienating collectors who paid the full price. Good deal though.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's not. PS, Subterranean and Centipede all do this. Anything less than perfect condition gets marked down.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    It's not. PS, Subterranean and Centipede all do this. Anything less than perfect condition gets marked down.
    Lots of times the books are in NF condition and it's hard to find the defect. Some good buys to be had when publishers do this sort of thing.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. I've bought a few "scratch and dent" John Farris books from Centipede and they seemed perfectly fine to me.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I need some opinions on current value please

20th Century Ghosts 1/1 S/L original first release by PS not the 10th anniversary

Heart Shaped Box S/L first printing # under 200 Deluxe edition with extras

Sub Press NOS4A2 S/L with slipcase

Thank you.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

20th Century Ghosts 1/1 S/L original first release by PS not the 10th anniversary

Thank you.
    I only know the value of 1 of them...
    SP N0S4A2 usually sells in the 250 - 300 range. That said that was pre-IDW limited. I feel like it held it's value there.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Thank you.
    I only know the value of 1 of them...
    SP N0S4A2 usually sells in the 250 - 300 range. That said that was pre-IDW limited. I feel like it held it's value there.
    Thanks Josh!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of selling a couple of my Hill items. Two of the ones mentioned above will be up on eBay later at a low starting price. We'll see where they go! I decided to keep both editions of NOS4A2 because IDW and Sub Press are nice and it's my fave Hill book. Just don't need multiples of the others so selling to help fund things like the Misery S/L!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinking of selling a couple of my Hill items. Two of the ones mentioned above will be up on eBay later at a low starting price. We'll see where they go! I decided to keep both editions of NOS4A2 because IDW and Sub Press are nice and it's my fave Hill book. Just don't need multiples of the others so selling to help fund things like the Misery S/L!
    WAIT!!! You are telling me you enjoyed N0S4A2 over all other Hill books? Horns was by FAR my favorite. N0S4A2 I never finished and I am not a huge fan of short stories so 20th just got left on the shelf. Still need to read HSB.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

WAIT!!! You are telling me you enjoyed N0S4A2 over all other Hill books? Horns was by FAR my favorite. N0S4A2 I never finished and I am not a huge fan of short stories so 20th just got left on the shelf. Still need to read HSB.
    HSB is his best along with Locke & key in my opinion.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I did!! And 20th CG is my second fave! You really should check it out sometime Josh. Even if you're not a big fan of the short story format there are some incredible stories in there. I also loved Horns! Now I have to know why you never finished NOS4A2. You hated it that much??

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    HSB is his best along with Locke & key in my opinion.
    I agree, L&K is fantastic but in rating the novels alone I've got to go with 'ole Charlie Manx. I can't decide where to rank HSB in my personal list yet. I think I'd rate it above The Fireman but below Strange Weather. Although I did not like Aloft. Now you've got me pondering! Lol.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

My ranking of Joe Hill Novels:

1. Heart Shaped Box
    2. Fireman
    3. Horns
    4. NOS4A2

Like them all but NOS4A2 is the weakest of his novels for my taste.

Locke & Key, Strange Weather and 20th Century Ghosts are all great but not novels.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    My ranking of Joe Hill Novels:

1. Heart Shaped Box
    2. Fireman
    3. Horns
    4. NOS4A2

Like them all but NOS4A2 is the weakest of his novels for my taste.

Locke & Key, Strange Weather and 20th Century Ghosts are all great but not novels.
    My novel ranking:

1). NOS4A2
    2). HEART-SHAPED BOX
    3). HORNS
    4). THE FIREMAN

I prefer numbers 1 and 2 far more than 3 and 4. I'd probably put NOS4A2 in a My Top Fifteen Novels of All Time list, HEART-SHAPED BOX in a top 50 list...but the other two wouldn't even make a Top 100 list. As I look around my office library of 3000'something books, I know THE FIREMAN literally would not even make a Top 1000 list...didn't care much for that one at all. HORNS would probably make a Top 500.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, top 500.

Ron, is horror drive-in gone for good?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    My novel ranking:

1). NOS4A2
    2). HEART-SHAPED BOX
    3). HORNS
    4). THE FIREMAN
    This would be my ranking too. Though I'd probably slip 20th Century Ghosts in between Heart-Shaped Box and Horns.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My ranking:

1. Heart-Shaped Box
    2. NOS4A2
    3. The Fireman
    4. Horns

I think 'Locke & Key' taken as a whole is still his best work.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 332 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 328 ... LastLast