Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 332 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hey Mike, buy me one, I know you are rich now!! :LOL:
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FYI

Posted on the SubPress site

"Latest Subterranean Press News
    THUMBPRINT by Joe Hill Sold Out

January 2, 2009

Thanks to everyone for their enthusiasm for the lettered edition of Joe Hill’s chapbook, Thumbprint.
    We announced it for sale via a special email newsletter, and the chapbook sold out in just a couple of hours."

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Hey Mike, buy me one, I know you are rich now!! :LOL:

heh, i've only had the one refund yet - but I would have done but its sold out now.....

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

bummer dude

Thanks for thinking of me!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What was the issue price of the slipcased and the signed copy?.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Are you asking about Gunpowder? if so it was I think 54 pounds which converted to I think 99.00 US for the 1/200 signed by Joe Hill and Vincent Chong with slipcase.

If you meant Thumbprint I think there was just the chapbook included with "Tales of Dark Fantasy" and the lettered that sold out.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Are you asking about Gunpowder? if so it was I think 54 pounds which converted to I think 99.00 US for the 1/200 signed by Joe Hill and Vincent Chong with slipcase.

If you meant Thumbprint I think there was just the chapbook included with "Tales of Dark Fantasy" and the lettered that sold out.
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm out of touch with Joe Hill collectibles.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

OMFG

Guys - I just got a box from PS Publishing and in it was a jacketed hardcover of Gunpowder and a S/L edition as well! #54.

So my bigger surprise is that I VAGUELY remember ordering this!

Talk about a good monday!

Photos later.

Anyone else get theirs or am I the last of the bunch? hehe

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    OMFG

Guys - I just got a box from PS Publishing and in it was a jacketed hardcover of Gunpowder and a S/L edition as well! #54.

Photos later.

Ooh that was a nice surprise.
    I'm still waiting on mine. I think I ordered the jacketed hardcover.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

OMFG

Photos later.
    Congratulations, Kenny! Gotta love receiving something you forgot you ordered, it's like a little taste of Christmas or your birthday.

Go back one page in this thread and start reading.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if anyone has caught wind of this yet, but theres a discussion going on over at Horror Mall with some displeased people in regards to Subterranean Press' forthcoming S/L of Locke and Key.

Apparently they are now releasing a 1000 copy trade edition, after selling out the $250 S/L saying the limitation would not be increased.....

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Won't be signed, won't have a DJ, and won't have the limited ed endpapers though. But I can still see why people are upset.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my copy of the Joe Hill Gunpowder signed limited #28!
    Looks great...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

(Congrats, Pasiuk!)

Can you refresh my memory on the L&K S/L? I'm out of the loop on that one.

EDIT: Found these announcements on the publisher's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean Press website
    Our hardcover edition will be limited to only 250 numbered and 26 lettered copies, with a whole bunch of extras, and will not be reprinted to fill further demand. Look for a more complete announcement soon, with ordering info. Further down the line, after the full tale is told, and we’ve done limiteds of each miniseries, we may also release a compilation of the complete graphic novel and scripts, along the line of the recent excellent Absolute Sandman volumes.
    Here’s the exclusive Vincent Chong dust jacket for our special edition of Locke & Key, Joe Hill’s hit comic series. Our edition — sold out the day it was announced in our newsletter — includes not only the comic proper, but also the 250 pages worth of Joe’s script that artist Gabriel Rodriguez had to work from, as well as endsheets created especially by Gabriel for our edition.
    As we announced quite a while ago, there will be an unsigned trade edition of his Locke & Key limited edition, done Absolute Sandman style. To save a ton on our printing bill, we’ll be printing the trade edition at the same time as the limited, but sitting on them until the fall. There will be some significant differences in the editions — the trade won’t be signed by Joe, of course, or have the dust jacket and endpapers exclusive to the limited edition. The first printing of the trade edition will be limited to only 1000 copies. We’ll likely announce it later this spring when the limited edition is shipping.
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-12-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: research

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

OMFG

Photos later.

LOL - im a dumb ass - BOTH are signed. The slipcased one is # 54 and the jacketed hardcover (non-slipcase) is 273!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Both signed? Even better!

My Mood
    Lurking

I'm jealous. I couldn't afford it Guess I will just get the trade and have Joe sign it for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I'm jealous. I couldn't afford it Guess I will just get the trade and have Joe sign it for me.
    Karen... I would think that would be even more valuable!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my JH Gunpowder yesterday. #294, as well as the trade.
    Like Kenny, i had forgotten I even ordered one. Woo Hoo!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I received my trade hardcover last week. I'll be reviewing it for Dead Reckonings #5.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    (Congrats, Pasiuk!)

Can you refresh my memory on the L&K S/L? I'm out of the loop on that one.

EDIT: Found these announcements on the publisher's website.

Our hardcover edition will be limited to only 250 numbered and 26 lettered copies, with a whole bunch of extras, and will not be reprinted to fill further demand. Look for a more complete announcement soon, with ordering info. Further down the line, after the full tale is told, and we’ve done limiteds of each miniseries, we may also release a compilation of the complete graphic novel and scripts, along the line of the recent excellent Absolute Sandman volumes.
    Here’s the exclusive Vincent Chong dust jacket for our special edition of Locke & Key, Joe Hill’s hit comic series. Our edition — sold out the day it was announced in our newsletter — includes not only the comic proper, but also the 250 pages worth of Joe’s script that artist Gabriel Rodriguez had to work from, as well as endsheets created especially by Gabriel for our edition.
    As we announced quite a while ago, there will be an unsigned trade edition of his Locke & Key limited edition, done Absolute Sandman style. To save a ton on our printing bill, we’ll be printing the trade edition at the same time as the limited, but sitting on them until the fall. There will be some significant differences in the editions — the trade won’t be signed by Joe, of course, or have the dust jacket and endpapers exclusive to the limited edition. The first printing of the trade edition will be limited to only 1000 copies. We’ll likely announce it later this spring when the limited edition is shipping.
    Yep, basically the Trade Edition wasn't going to be published until the Locke & Series was completed, and then they were going to release a set of them like the Absolute Sandman's (which each have 20 issues, btw). I guess Bill got itchy and decided to make some more money now, and issuing the first arc as a trade. That's going to be a lot more expensive if they do the books per arc rather than doing say 20 issues at a time.
    Geoff

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For Joe Hill's completists?

The first issue of the next Locke & Key storyline will be out in early January, but you can read the opening 7 pages right now in the latest issue of Wizard magazine (that would be the January ‘09 issue, but nevermind the date, it’s already in stores). This is a particularly cool issue, since it has an Alan Moore interview, a preview of the upcoming League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and a long piece about Lost writers Brian Vaughan and Damon Lindelof. And, tho’ I blush to write it, in Wizard’s annual best-of issue (December), they were kind enough to vote me Best Horror Writer.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Lurking

Wonder where I can get that?????? mmmmmm

Karen - I am so jealous you get to see him all the time!

I gave a friend of mine a copy of 20th century ghosts... and i saw her today (after the weekend) and she came and hugged me and she was like, "Thank you for giving me such a great book!"

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great, Kenny.

yeah, I'm jealous of Karen too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 332 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast