Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 332 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Here is an interview I did with Joe Hill about
    NOS4A2 and more: https://liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=121

Lilja

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Thumpprint by Joe... what is that worth all? I am having a time finding a price...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Joe Hill will turn down a chance to sign his name in another thousand books.
    100% agree with you. No clue why he does it. Maybe he sees the secondary market for his dad’s stuff and doesn’t want people shelling out those prices.
    Many years ago Mr. Hill made some statements regarding signed editions the US 20th Century Ghosts and of the latest issue of Locke & Key that were being sold on eBay signed by him. The problem was he had not signed any copies of the Locke & Key that was being sold. He contacted both the seller and eBay and neither seemed to concerned with the issue. He actually stated the sellers id and asked people to be wary of buying from him. He also arranged to have a local seller sell signed copies and stated he would sign anything people ordered. I believe he has tried to continue that.
    Thanks for this info.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I just snagged one off eBay last night after I searched on a whim.
    Congrats on the pick-up. When it arrives, would you be able to post a pic of the back cover? Previous ARCs detailed promotional plans and ISBN numbers of any variants.
    Im interested to see if there will be any editions with the signed tipped in sheets for this one.
    Joe’s US publisher informed me a month ago there are no ‘special versions’ planned...but who knows if they changed their mind. If so, I’ll obviously update the Full Throttle page on my site
    Apparently Morrow changed their mind, yesterday I was informed by them there will be a presigned and couple of store exclusive presigned editions of Full Throttle after all.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the pick-up. When it arrives, would you be able to post a pic of the back cover? Previous ARCs detailed promotional plans and ISBN numbers of any variants.
    Im interested to see if there will be any editions with the signed tipped in sheets for this one.
    Joe’s US publisher informed me a month ago there are no ‘special versions’ planned...but who knows if they changed their mind. If so, I’ll obviously update the Full Throttle page on my site
    Apparently Morrow changed their mind, yesterday I was informed by them there will be a presigned and couple of store exclusive presigned editions of Full Throttle after all.
    Thanks for the update, Marco. I think I'm gonna stick with the one inscribed copy, the limited, and call it good.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks for the update, Marco. I think I'm gonna stick with the one inscribed copy, the limited, and call it good.
    SERIOUSLY, BRIAN?!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Joe Hill will turn down a chance to sign his name in another thousand books.
    100% agree with you. No clue why he does it. Maybe he sees the secondary market for his dad’s stuff and doesn’t want people shelling out those prices.
    Called it, haha. He's signing 8000 books according to his newsletter so no worries about missing out. That said, I'm looking forward to it.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alas, my ‘collectoritis’ requires me to buy one of each...but fortunately they’ll be pretty easy to get except for the black friday B&N variant.

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    SERIOUSLY, BRIAN?!
    I know, Dez! Big time fail for a serious Hill collector. But they are all the same except for the ISBN. If they had variant covers, then of course I'd have to own one of each

Alas, my ‘collectoritis’ requires me to buy one of each...but fortunately they’ll be pretty easy to get except for the black friday B&N variant.
    I can hook you up, Marco when the times comes if you're in need of the Black Friday copy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

B&N has their version up for preorder
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ful...l/1130404422#/

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    B&N has their version up for preorder
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ful...l/1130404422#/
    And guess who has a $25 gift card sitting right next to the keyboard... Thanks for the info!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Already ordered it through Water Street. B&N botched my Cari Mora order and never completed it. Got it through a member here today.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered a copy on B&N. With that said I have only read (and LOVED) Locke and Key. Pressure is on Hill fans. . . What is his best book? Or best book that represents him and his style. Would love the help and suggestions. Thanks a million.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

I can hook you up, Marco when the times comes if you're in need of the Black Friday copy.
    Cheers brother!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Just ordered a copy on B&N. With that said I have only read (and LOVED) Locke and Key. Pressure is on Hill fans. . . What is his best book? Or best book that represents him and his style. Would love the help and suggestions. Thanks a million.

NOS4A2 might have a slight edge over Horns as my favorite. Horns was until I listened to NOS4A2. Loaded was a great story as well that was part of Strange Weather.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2 might have a slight edge over Horns as my favorite. Horns was until I listened to NOS4A2. Loaded was a great story as well that was part of Strange Weather.
    Thanks Brian. I will add it to a long stack of books to read.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd start with Heart-Shaped Box; it's a quick read and really good. His short story collection 20th Century Ghosts has a variety of genres and I think is a good snapshot of his style. NOS4A2 is arguably his magnum opus (it contains his best villain imo) and the TV adaptation starts this Sunday.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

I'd start with Heart-Shaped Box; it's a quick read and really good. His short story collection 20th Century Ghosts has a variety of genres and I think is a good snapshot of his style. NOS4A2 is arguably his magnum opus (it contains his best villain imo) and the TV adaptation starts this Sunday.
    HORNS is my favorite. Just finishing up on Heart Shaped Box. bored the first time I read it and did not finish. Listened to it on Audio and really liked it!

stopped reading NOS4A2 1/2 way through, going to try that on Audio next. too cartoonish. I was expecting Scary

1. Horns
    2. Heart Shaped Box
    3 Latest anthology strange weather. loved the LOADED!!! story.

last. The Fireman. nice to listen to on audio, but not a top 10 read OK.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the suggestions! With a couple starts and stops on two books (with not a ton in print) would it be safe to say not a big fan?

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sunday! I've enjoyed the previews and I hope it lives up to it's name.
    Looking forward to everyone's thoughts after it airs. And everyone BETTER share your thoughts. Or else

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    SERIOUSLY, BRIAN?!

I think we'll both be shocked if that actually happens Brian

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=kingfan2323;1149462]Thanks for the suggestions! With a couple starts and stops on two books (with not a ton in print) would it be safe to say not a big fan?

My first book was HORNS. I absolutely loved it. Met him several times, nicest guy ever. I collect his books. His stories are unique. He does not FOCUS in horror, but people expect him too. I read all his short stories and like to read his stuff. I like to read all of King, Grisham, Connelly, Hill, Gillian Flynn and a few others.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Sunday! I've enjoyed the previews and I hope it lives up to it's name.
    Looking forward to everyone's thoughts after it airs. And everyone BETTER share your thoughts. Or else
    Martin, a member here and over on CD, said the first 3 episodes are pretty good. I guess if you sign up for AMC Premiere, you can watch the first 3 episodes there. I'll be kickin' it old school and watch them as they are released each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I think we'll both be shocked if that actually happens Brian
    Ok, so I forgot to include a UK copy

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Savage review of N0S4R2 on A.V. Forums;

https://tv.avclub.com/amc-s-adaptati...00d-1835130372

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Savage review of N0S4R2 on A.V. Forums;

https://tv.avclub.com/amc-s-adaptati...00d-1835130372
    The style I saw in the trailer definitely looked like a bad "made for TV" look. Looks like this reviewer confirmed that. In his opinion at least.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 332 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 ... LastLast